Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kendall Rogers gets confirmation about Springfield/Stillwater Super Regional

Started by jbell96, May 28, 2015, 11:27:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

https://twitter.com/KendallRogersD1/status/603956842843123713

Confirmed with NCAA that OSU or the Hogs will host the Supers if they win the Stillwater regional.

Apparently Missouri State didn't bid on hosting a Super. That just baffles me.

Maddhog

That's a big incentive for the teams in our regional.  Just hope McKinney's hip is well AND that OSU doesn't break out their flat bats. 

#WPS
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

HogFansReunited

I really hope we get to host the Super Regional.  I get my son for the summer and he will be home next week.  Would love to take him to the games.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

woodhog14

Quote from: jbell96 on May 28, 2015, 11:27:20 am
https://twitter.com/KendallRogersD1/status/603956842843123713

Confirmed with NCAA that OSU or the Hogs will host the Supers if they win the Stillwater regional.

Apparently Missouri State didn't bid on hosting a Super. That just baffles me.

They couldn't bid on host a Super due to the AA Cardinals team playing next weekend in Springfield. Missouri State shares the facility with them.

josh_sec33

The fun will be if Arkansas and Iowa both win their regionals. You'd assume Iowa would bid for a SR.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: josh_sec33 on May 28, 2015, 01:21:34 pm
The fun will be if Arkansas and Iowa both win their regionals. You'd assume Iowa would bid for a SR.

Iowa won't outbid Arkansas.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

jry04

Quote from: josh_sec33 on May 28, 2015, 01:21:34 pm
It doesn't matter. It is irrelevant who wins that regional, if OSU or Arkansas wins the Stillwater regional they will host. Iowa cannot outbid Arkansas. We can fit as many in our outfield as they can in their stadium. Our bid package will be much better.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Yes, I live in Iowa and their stadium is laughable when compared to Baum.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

WizardofhOgZ

You don't mean that . . . you CAN'T mean . . . that they built it, and they DIDN'T come?

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on May 28, 2015, 04:15:39 pm
Yes, I live in Iowa and their stadium is laughable when compared to Baum.

SPAL

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 28, 2015, 05:06:47 pm
You don't mean that . . . you CAN'T mean . . . that they built it, and they DIDN'T come?

Nope, not even James Earl Jones
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on May 28, 2015, 07:35:31 pm
Impressive, right?
It's not SEC level, but for a B1G team it is pretty nice. And if the AAA Cubs are out of town they could always host in Des Moines. Still don't think they would out bid us, but it is not as cut and dried as it might appear.

At any rate we first have to win Game 1 of the regional. We do not have the pitching to come back through the LB.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 28, 2015, 07:59:47 pm
It's not SEC level, but for a B1G team it is pretty nice. And if the AAA Cubs are out of town they could always host in Des Moines. Still don't think they would out bid us, but it is not as cut and dried as it might appear.

At any rate we first have to win Game 1 of the regional. We do not have the pitching to come back through the LB.

Doubt they'd go that far out of town, but they could possibly use the single-A stadium in Cedar Rapids.  It's pretty decent.

But agreed.  Won't matter if we don't win.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on May 28, 2015, 08:04:47 pm
Doubt they'd go that far out of town, but they could possibly use the single-A stadium in Cedar Rapids.  It's pretty decent.

But agreed.  Won't matter if we don't win.
Think Brian Walker played there. Forgot about Cedar Rapids. Always got it mixed up with Cedar Falls.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

SPAL

That isn't a bad site, even with the random airplane out in right center

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Selfishly, I'd love for the Hogs to play in Cedar Rapids because that's where I live.   But obviously Baum is the bomb.

Hawgzinbowlz

jbell96

First off, we need to win this regional first, second, to everyone worrying about bidding for it again, did you not see where I posted "Confirmed with NCAA that OSU or the Hogs will host the Supers if they win the Stillwater regional."

jry04

There is absolutely no way we do not host a super if we win, unless Missouri State somehow finds a way to get Springfield to play at Midland, which is about as unlikely as it is Iowa winning a super bid over us.

Arkansas sent out applications for postseason tickets about a month ago. They have already bid the supers. Like JBell said, OSU and Arkansas presented the best bid package, so as long as one of us win we get it.

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on May 29, 2015, 08:54:06 am
There is absolutely no way we do not host a super if we win, unless Missouri State somehow finds a way to get Springfield to play at Midland, which is about as unlikely as it is Iowa winning a super bid over us.

Arkansas sent out applications for postseason tickets about a month ago. They have already bid the supers. Like JBell said, OSU and Arkansas presented the best bid package, so as long as one of us win we get it.

Missouri St didn't bid the super, mistake on their part. Rogers said if neither OSU or we win, that Missouri St could put in a bid with the other team.

jry04

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2015, 10:10:31 am
Missouri St didn't bid the super, mistake on their part. Rogers said if neither OSU or we win, that Missouri St could put in a bid with the other team.
Good point. Forgot about them not putting it in. So OSU or Arkansas will host as long as they win.