Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew is national POY

Started by onebadrubi, May 28, 2015, 09:22:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Just announced a little bit ago!

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

dotnet

what was this?  AP? baseball america? etc

COCHISE

Quote from: dotnet on May 28, 2015, 09:42:48 am
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arkansasrazorbacks.com%2Fbennybaseball-named-national-player-of-the-year%2F&ei=viBnVZ28JdGVyATJ84GQCg&usg=AFQjCNHgbFFV5OD-2jW-YeBm6LqONcBGpw

jry04

Quote from: dotnet on May 28, 2015, 09:42:48 am
Collegiate Baseball

Wisco Pig

Congratulations to Andrew.    Fantastic accomplishment for himself and the program.

Pigsfeat

Congrats to Andrew! He has had a great year!!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

josh_sec33

Full team list.

http://baseballnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2015-Louisville-Slugger-A-A-Release.pdf

What's neat is go look at the last page. It lists the national POY for since 1984. Lot of names I recognize on that list.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

FraggleHog

This is awesome for him and the program! WPS! Now, if I'm DVH, I put together a compilation tape of his lackluster performance at the SEC tourney (not including his HR) and show it to him. Tell him "This is what you did after earning SEC POY... Let's change the sript"
Calling the Hogs from DFW

HogFansReunited

Congratulations Andrew, well deserved.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PorkSoda

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/bennybaseball-named-national-player-of-the-year/

"In the midst of the greatest season in Arkansas baseball history, sophomore outfielder Andrew Benintendi has been named the National Player of the Year as announced by Collegiate Baseball Thursday morning."

congrats to AB, but "the greatest season in Arkansas baseball history"? did I miss something?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

trippigs

Wow.    A nice young man getting recognized for positive things. Congrats to him

lookawayquick

dsgreen

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 28, 2015, 02:38:53 pm
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/bennybaseball-named-national-player-of-the-year/

"In the midst of the greatest season in Arkansas baseball history, sophomore outfielder Andrew Benintendi has been named the National Player of the Year as announced by Collegiate Baseball Thursday morning."

congrats to AB, but "the greatest season in Arkansas baseball history"? did I miss something?

I think they mean by an individual player.

PorkSoda

Quote from: dsgreen on May 28, 2015, 04:09:27 pm
I think they mean by an individual player.
oh okay, makes more sense.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

BroyledNutts

Wow. Awesome.

Didn't think I'd get the chance to see a Razorback attain such a high honor.

Good for him.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

GatorHog

Awesome news, happy to read that

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

dsgreen

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 28, 2015, 05:15:00 pm
Wow. Awesome.

Didn't think I'd get the chance to see a Razorback attain such a high honor.

Good for him.

Edit: nm, I was wrong

Hawgzinbowlz

Congratulations to Andrew.
Just relax and hit ORU/OSU/St. Johns.

" GO OMAHOGS "

Sir Oinksalot

Wow huge honor !!  Notice this name - Will "the thrill" Clark 1985...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

SPAL

Been an honor watching him. Congrats to the young man.

PORKULATOR

Woo pigs
AB is gonna make a lot of money next year.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.