Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville.net Road to Omaha Baseball Pick 'em is Open!

Started by WilsonHog, May 27, 2015, 09:47:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Our first-ever NCAA Baseball Tournament Pick 'em is open!

All 32 of the first round games have been uploaded and the pick 'em weeks opened. If Doug logs on tonight, he'll post a Quick Link beside where our other pick 'ems are. Until then, just click on "For the Fans" beneath the banner and it will take you to the baseball pick 'em.

All games must be picked before the first pitch Friday.

No prize money, just bragging rights and fun.

Huge props to A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S. He came to me with the idea a couple of days ago; I'm just helping him carry it out.

Play ball!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Tom Bennett on May 27, 2015, 09:47:46 pm
Our first-ever NCAA Baseball Tournament Pick 'em is open!

All 32 of the first round games have been uploaded and the pick 'em weeks opened. If Doug logs on tonight, he'll post a Quick Link beside where our other pick 'ems are. Until then, just click on "For the Fans" beneath the banner and it will take you to the baseball pick 'em.

All games must be picked before the first pitch Friday.

No prize money, just bragging rights and fun.

Huge props to A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S. He came to me with the idea a couple of days ago; I'm just helping him carry it out.

Play ball!
THANK YOU for making this happen.

Here's a link:

http://www.hogville.net/pickem-bsb.php

yraciv

Are you going to do this every night?  I appreciate, but I'm not sure how exactly you'll format it. I'd think you just do the 1st games for this round. Pick the Series winner for the Supers, and then pick 1st game in CWS and championship series winner.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

May 27, 2015, 10:37:58 pm #3 Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:56:06 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: yraciv on May 27, 2015, 10:17:03 pm
Are you going to do this every night?  I appreciate, but I'm not sure how exactly you'll format it. I'd think you just do the 1st games for this round. Pick the Series winner for the Supers, and then pick 1st game in CWS and championship series winner.
The thread/contest you started is a good one to work along side this one.

We will not do this every night. Below is what we had in mind. We wanted to get a first pick-em up before the finals of the regionals.

Before Friday's first pitches, you will need to complete week 1, 2 and 3. They are all part of round one.

5 total pick-ems:

#1 = 1st round of regionals
#2 = regional finals (the team you pick may have to win twice, but it is still one pick)
#3 = super regionals
#4 = CWS first round
#5 = CWS finals

There are going to be some short periods of time to make your picks. We'll have to be on our toes and make the picks between the time that we find out who is going to finals and first pitch of the finals.

Razorbacks#1

Thanks for getting this going ARKANSAS, and Tom for making it happen. GHG!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on May 28, 2015, 02:24:00 am
Thanks for getting this going ARKANSAS, and Tom for making it happen. GHG!
and Doug had his hand in this also. We wouldn't have this without him. He's a real geek you know.  ;)

Tom is doing most of the work from this point on and for the most part, all I did was suggest it, but every moderator that I ran it past  (including sir-pigs-a-lot and Raz#1) and every administrator involved did not hesitate to do this for the regulars that have been on EI this year. You guys and gals have been great and imo you deserve to have everything that the other boards have, if possible.

We may hit some snags, but bare with us, we'll (Tom and Doug) do our best to make it go as smooth as possible.

Good luck!

Doug

Won't have any snags on my part... this is the same exact Pick'Em structure we use for Football and Basketball.

Fair warning for next year's Pick'Ems... they're gonna be even EASIER to work with and touch device friendly. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

razorbackfan86

Thanks for the pick em. I just ran through and gave mine a S.W.A.G. (Scientific Wild A$$ Guess)

HogFansReunited

Thanks for making this happen, this should be fun.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Reminder:

Before Friday's first pitches, you will need to complete week 1, 2 and 3. They are all part of round one. There are 32 games in round one. Round one closes at First Pitch on Friday.
It looks as though some have completed only week one.

ricepig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 28, 2015, 03:16:43 pm
Reminder:

Before Friday's first pitches, you will need to complete week 1, 2 and 3. They are all part of round one. There are 32 games in round one. Round one closes at First Pitch on Friday.
It looks as though some have completed only week one.

Shhh.....that just gives me a better chance.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2015, 03:22:50 pm
Shhh.....that just gives me a better chance.

LOL, the little chance I had of winning just went away.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

WilsonHog

The Missouri State and Canisius game from the Springfield Regional will be made up this afternoon. Once that game is in the books, all first round results will be tabulated.

SPAL

HogFansReunited

Not too bad I guess, 21 points but no where close to winning.

Member #3568

tennesseehogwild

I don't know how you guys are gonna pull this off today...with all the make up games from rain and the west regions.....Good luck!

WilsonHog

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 31, 2015, 01:53:13 pm
I don't know how you guys are gonna pull this off today...with all the make up games from rain and the west regions.....Good luck!

We're not going to be able to. Weather killed us. With such a short turnaround (1-2 hours in some cases), there wasn't any way to give posters a fair shot to participate. We'll pick up again with the supers next week.

dotnet

Quote from: Tom Bennett on May 31, 2015, 04:39:01 pm
We're not going to be able to. Weather killed us. With such a short turnaround (1-2 hours in some cases), there wasn't any way to give posters a fair shot to participate. We'll pick up again with the supers next week.

Next year we should just guess the winners of each round - this will almost always be a problem at one of 16 sites around the country every year

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: dotnet on May 31, 2015, 04:43:26 pm
Next year we should just guess the winners of each round - this will almost always be a problem at one of 16 sites around the country every year
We didn't have the format to do that this year. The pickem format allows to pick between 2 teams, not 4.

It will be great for supers and we will get some more in for the CWS.

dotnet

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 31, 2015, 04:44:48 pm
We didn't have the format to do that this year. The pickem format allows to pick between 2 teams, not 4.

that stinks.  kind of a no win situation then...

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: dotnet on May 31, 2015, 04:46:35 pm
that stinks.  kind of a no win situation then...
Everything had to go perfectly and it didn't this time.

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?