Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

General baseball question

Started by GatorHog, May 27, 2015, 11:23:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorHog

I attended a minor league game recently and noticed that after a home-team player hit a homerun, the ushers would collect donations from the crowd.  Where does the money go?  Does it go to the individual player, or is it split like tips, lol.

SPAL

Were you at a Rough Riders game by chance? It is called "passing the boot."  You aren't required to give.

25% to the player
25% to the rest of the team
50% to the club foundation.

GatorHog

Round Rock Express - thanks for the info!

Birminghog

Been to a lot of minor league games (mainly Travs & B'ham Barons), but I've never seen that.

vandybuff

My first wife and I once attended minor league baseball.  She said it was tradition at that park to give any player a big hug and kiss if they hit a homer.  Well I'm not a fool -- five years and six kids later, I cancelled our season tickets!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: vandybuff on May 27, 2015, 04:32:36 pm
My first wife and I once attended minor league baseball.  She said it was tradition at that park to give any player a big hug and kiss if they hit a homer.  Well I'm not a fool -- five years and six kids later, I cancelled our season tickets!

Ta-da-BOOM!

SPAL

Quote from: vandybuff on May 27, 2015, 04:32:36 pm

Hahaha....nicely done