Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional schedule question

Started by Dr. Starcs, May 26, 2015, 03:57:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

If the Friday games were to get rained out, would they just push everything back a day or would they try to play 4 games Saturday?

Trying to make plans, but Friday looking iffy. Anyone with knowledge of this is appreciated.

jry04

I doubt they would try and play 4 in one day, but I do not think we will know the answer until it comes up. I think at the very least, we will get our game in. Even if it is stop/go all day. OSU/SJU would have far less time to get their game in compared to us. It would be nice if we completed ours, and they had to play two on Saturday, or their game had a long rain delay in the middle of it forcing them to go to the bullpen earlier than expected. I know many people say "I want to beat them at full strength," but I want a win any way we can get it.

TikiHog

They will not play 4 games on Saturday...they will either push everything back a day OR play 2 Saturday 3 Sunday and 2 if needed on Monday

jry04

Quote from: TikiHog on May 26, 2015, 06:00:29 pm
They will not play 4 games on Saturday...they will either push everything back a day OR play 2 Saturday 3 Sunday and 2 if needed on Monday
If we get our game in Friday, but the other one gets rained out, they will definitely play 3 on Saturday, though.

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on May 26, 2015, 07:12:07 pm
If we get our game in Friday, but the other one gets rained out, they will definitely play 3 on Saturday, though.

I'm sure they'll push back until Tuesday, seems like they've done it in the past.

jry04

Quote from: ricepig on May 26, 2015, 07:14:57 pm
I'm sure they'll push back until Tuesday, seems like they've done it in the past.
Back when they had Saturday, Sunday, Monday regionals for television purposes. Unless the weather is flat out awful, this thing won't be extended past Monday.

Razorback7281

Rain looks to be an issue for all the regionals in Texas and Oklahoma.  Heck life has been an issue the last few days down here in Texas with all of the flooding. Check out The park in Round Rock yesterday.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jry04

TikiHog

Quote from: jry04 on May 26, 2015, 07:12:07 pm

all I know is they will not play 4 on Saturday

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jry04

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on May 27, 2015, 07:56:47 am
Yeah, I agree.

2-3-2 is what they played in Oxford last year after they were rained out on Friday night. They didn't have to play two the last day, because OM eliminated Washington to avoid the "if" game.