Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ncaa Tourney/RPI Discussion/Final RPI/Regionals Announced

Started by YtownHog, May 10, 2015, 08:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Not enough tickets in Dallas. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tennesseehogwild

Is Ole Piss really gonna get a #2 Seed?

Kevin

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 13, 2015, 08:34:41 pm
Is Ole Piss really gonna get a #2 Seed?

If they can take 2 out of 3 this weekend then probably
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: King on May 12, 2015, 10:28:08 pm
I know it is impossible with more than 8 teams from one conference, but isn't there at least some effort to avoid super-regional rematches with conference divisional rivals?

I certainly can't think of the last time Arkansas was paired with another SEC regional for supers.

I think last year We were in Charlotte Regional and paired with South Carolina-Columbia Regional. i know we didn't win it and I immediately thought we had the worst draw of any #2 seed in field.

Kevin

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 13, 2015, 08:46:42 pm
I think last year We were in Charlotte Regional and paired with South Carolina-Columbia Regional. i know we didn't win it and I immediately thought we had the worst draw of any #2 seed in field.

You are correct. Maryland won the Columbia  regional

Lake City Hog

Seems like some sites are determined to send us to the ATM region IF we make it to the Supers. So I looked up their schedule and was wondering just how good they really are.
1. They did not play Vandy.
2. They did not play Florida.
3. Their toughest road series was LSU and they were not going to win that series anyway!
4. They played USCe, Missouri, Kentucky and Tenner from the East, with the 2 better teams at home. Although USCe did take 2 of 3 anyway.
5. Their West schedule looks to me to be pretty favorable. They got Auburn & Bama early while they were struggling. They got us and MSU at home.
6. They go on the road to finish the season at Ole Miss, a very BIG series for both teams.

Iwastherein1969

I promise you, doesn't matter what sport, Aggy will find a way to 'screw the proverbial pooch'...it's who they are, it's ingrained indelible in their psyche....AGGY can no more escape who they are than we can change the two picks we threw in the 4th quarter against Texas in 1969 when we were in FG range and down one point...some things never change, and the Hogs beating AGGY when it REALLY counts is one of those things

ad: if you are having problems believing me, just look up Hogs v AGGY, 1975, Little Rock War Memorial Stadium with the SWC, the Cotton Bowl and a #1 ranking for AGGY if they could beat us....AGGY was favored by 6...I'll let your search engine do the rest
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PERFECT GAME 5/13 - Regional Projections
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=11185

Dallas, Texas
    Dallas Baptist
    Rice
    Arkansas
    Columbia

jry04

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 13, 2015, 10:24:24 pm

Dallas, Texas
    Dallas Baptist
    Rice
    Arkansas
    Columbia

Hope we do not get a 3 seed, but at this point, I think that is what we are. Win 2 of 3 or sweep this weekend and I think we jump into the 2 line barring a first game loss in the SECT. I know people say there isn't a huge difference, but this is a good example. I would much rather play someone like Memphis or ECU rather than Rice or North Carolina.

Kevin

Dallas, Texa

Dallas Baptist
    Rice
    Arkansas
    Columbia

They have okie state going to Springfield.  Okie state will host

TNhawgfan

Dallas, Texas
    Dallas Baptist
    Rice
    Arkansas
    Columbia

If we win this weekend's series, then I don't see how we could be a 3 seed considering it's been forever since we lost a series in the toughest conference in baseball
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Wisco Pig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 12, 2015, 12:34:58 am
Which SEC team has had the highest RPI and not make the NCAA tournament? Auburn could break that record this year.

I e-mailed this question to Warren Nolan a couple of days ago, figuring he would know as well as anyone, and he replied late last night.  He said the answer must be LSU, which had an RPI of 22 in 2011 at the time the tournament field was announced.  "I know that is not definitive, but after seeing it was 22, I did not look any further. (With the archive being offline, it is kind of difficult to search. Hopefully in the offseason I will have the time to get it back online.)"

Nolan added: "It would be hard to miss with a higher RPI unless a team was ineligible, such as the 2012 Arizona State team (RPI = 20)."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

May 17, 2015, 11:59:06 am #62 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:20:17 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Kyle Peterson ‏@KP_Omaha  · 56m56 minutes ago 
I see five lock National Seeds right now, regardless of what happens over the next week. UCLA, LSU, TCU, Lousiville and Illinois are safe

Kyle Peterson ‏@KP_Omaha  · 55m55 minutes ago 
The last 3 national seeds are up for grabs in the next week.  I see one from the Missouri Valley, one from the SEC and one from the ACC

Our RPI is sitting at #38 right now.

Here is a link to D1 Baseball's version of the RPI, it's the same information as Nolan's, just a different look.  http://www.d1baseball.com/daily/rpi.htm

Kevin

We are in  that is all I care about

jbell96

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/field-of-64-projections-tuesday-may-19/

Still a 2 in Springfield, with Michigan State & St. Louis, paired with Baton Rouge regional.

Kevin

jbell96

I like who is in our regional, but not the Super regional pairing.

onebadrubi

I'd like to one way or another play our way out of the LSU super bracket. 

dotnet

dotnet

Kevin

Springfield regional vs Illinois regional

jry04

Quote from: Kevin on May 19, 2015, 04:01:21 pm
Springfield regional vs Illinois regional
I would much rather face Missouri State over Illinois.

Razrpig256

Looks like Mizzou may get in, especially if they get one more win. What are the chances they get in and we get sent to Springfield over them?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

You have to be a member to read some of this, but some is free.
http://www.d1baseball.com/the-buzz/ncaa-tournament-stock-report-week-15/

D1 Baseball, NCAA Tournament Stock Report: Week 15

NATIONAL SEEDS:

SECURE TEAMS: LSU, UCLA, Louisville, Illinois

ON THE BUBBLE (IN): Florida, Miami, TCU, Dallas Baptist

ON THE BUBBLE (OUT): Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Missouri State, Florida State

Changes from last week: Miami replaces Florida State as a national seed.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

May 19, 2015, 05:04:38 pm #74 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:08:24 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: jbell96 on May 19, 2015, 11:14:14 am
http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/field-of-64-projections-tuesday-may-19/

Still a 2 in Springfield, with Michigan State & St. Louis, paired with Baton Rouge regional.
They are predicting only 8 SEC teams getting in.

ricepig

Kevin

jry04

Quote from: Razrpig256 on May 19, 2015, 04:38:42 pm
Looks like Mizzou may get in, especially if they get one more win. What are the chances they get in and we get sent to Springfield over them?
Mizzou will likely be a 3 seed. I do not see them sending Mizzou, as a 3 seed, to Missouri State. It would be a tough break for Missouri State to get the larger school in their own state in their regional as a 3 seed, plus having another quality team as the 2. I personally think if Missouri gets in they go to Louisville or Illinois.

jry04

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on May 20, 2015, 07:53:11 am
Monday
Pretty sure host sites have typically been released on Sunday night.  The field is released around noon on Monday.

PorkRyan

How much of an RPI jump would we get by beating Florida and LSU?  Would that move us into the low 20's?  We are 36 as of today.

onebadrubi

I believe there is a website to tell you that kind of stuff, but I don't know it.  I have to believe that gets us in the twenties.  Another hypothetical is lose today and win the next two hopefully playing all three different teams (Florida, Auburn (would have to be a win) and then LSU).  This gets us three games against top 30 RPI teams on a neutral field.  This might be the recipe for the highest RPI jump, next to winning the SECT. 

jry04

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2015, 08:29:11 am
Pretty sure host sites have typically been released on Sunday night.  The field is released around noon on Monday.
They weren't talking about host sites. I am assuming the guy he was responding to was the post before him that jokingly asked if they have already given the bids to the 8 SEC teams.

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 19, 2015, 05:04:38 pm
They are predicting only 8 SEC teams getting in.
Quote from: ricepig on May 19, 2015, 05:09:40 pm
Have they already given out bids??    ;D
Quote from: Kevin on May 20, 2015, 07:15:01 am
Sunday

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on May 20, 2015, 10:51:22 am
They weren't talking about host sites. I am assuming the guy he was responding to was the post before him that jokingly asked if they have already given the bids to the 8 SEC teams.
Well dang, my bad.  They will release the hosting sites Sunday night or at least they have in the past.

Kevin

jry04

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2015, 10:53:26 am
Well dang, my bad.  They will release the hosting sites Sunday night or at least they have in the past.
No problem. Do they announce all host sites, or just the national seeds on Sunday?

Kevin

I think it is all 16, but not sure

dotnet

Quote from: Kevin on May 20, 2015, 01:39:19 pm
I think it is all 16, but not sure

In the past it was.. Or so my memory says

Suidae Suis Scrofa

It looks like ESPN will be broadcasting the Super Regional games.  What about Regionals?  If the Hogs don't host, what are the odds that the SEC Network will broadcast their Regional even from a non-SEC school?

-phil

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on May 20, 2015, 04:45:37 pm
It looks like ESPN will be broadcasting the Super Regional games.  What about Regionals?  If the Hogs don't host, what are the odds that the SEC Network will broadcast their Regional even from a non-SEC school?

-phil

It really depends on where their sent...if it's to a Regional that has national interest or implications, then there is a possibility that it could be aired on an ESPN flagship channel...but more than likely not.

BUT....if you have the WatchEspn app, or access to it through your cable or satellite system, you can watch all the games from all the Regionals in ESPN's bases loaded programming....I'm sure that SEC Network+ will also provide some of that programming, since it is owned by ESPN.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 20, 2015, 08:47:59 pm
BUT....if you have the WatchEspn app, or access to it through your cable or satellite system, you can watch all the games from all the Regionals in ESPN's bases loaded programming....I'm sure that SEC Network+ will also provide some of that programming, since it is owned by ESPN.

Thanks.  WatchESPN it is then.

-phil

twk

Quote from: jry04 on May 20, 2015, 07:52:51 am
Mizzou will likely be a 3 seed. I do not see them sending Mizzou, as a 3 seed, to Missouri State. It would be a tough break for Missouri State to get the larger school in their own state in their regional as a 3 seed, plus having another quality team as the 2. I personally think if Missouri gets in they go to Louisville or Illinois.
That happens all the time. Having Arkansas as the 2 seed would probably be even less desirable from a Missouri State standpoint.  They could easily send Arkansas to Stillwater in order to send Missouri to Springfield (or they could send Missouri to Illinois). Last year, Rice got both A&M and Texas at their regional. With the emphasis on keeping travel costs down, you're going to see matchups like that. If Texas somehow wins the Big XII tournament, I'm fully expecting to see them in College Station.

jry04

Quote from: twk on May 21, 2015, 08:36:04 am
  That happens all the time. Having Arkansas as the 2 seed would probably be even less desirable from a Missouri State standpoint.  They could easily send Arkansas to Stillwater in order to send Missouri to Springfield (or they could send Missouri to Illinois). Last year, Rice got both A&M and Texas at their regional. With the emphasis on keeping travel costs down, you're going to see matchups like that. If Texas somehow wins the Big XII tournament, I'm fully expecting to see them in College Station.
Arkansas as the 2 seed would definitely be less desirable, but we would at least be a 2 and not a 3. The committee typically doesn't reward major conference teams who are the last few teams in by keeping them closer to home, but it does happen. You have a good point with Rice, though. I think putting Arkansas in Springfield makes more sense. I personally think if Missouri loses today they do not make the NCAAT.

code red

When we win the SEC tourny...is there a chance we host....(fingers and toes crossed)
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Chuck Porker

Kevin

Quote from: code red on May 21, 2015, 11:52:46 am
When we win the SEC tourny...is there a chance we host....(fingers and toes crossed)

i am going to be different, and say yes.

there will just be enough teams lose around the country to put us in there.

CJ HOG

Not really sure this effects Arkansas'  hosting prospects but I think TCU & Dallas Baptist early exits may have cost them a National Seed.

I think they both still host regionals. However, it may allow for another SEC team to get a National Seed such as Florida or Vandy(possibly both). Anyway just food for thought

Tigaman

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 21, 2015, 05:57:48 pm
Not really sure this effects Arkansas'  hosting prospects but I think TCU & Dallas Baptist early exits may have cost them a National Seed.

I think they both still host regionals. However, it may allow for another SEC team to get a National Seed such as A&M or Vandy(possibly both). Anyway just food for thought

Dallas Baptist is still in their tournment. TCU is probably still going to be a national seed but their early exit is not good for bubble teams.

CJ HOG

Quote from: Tigaman on May 21, 2015, 06:03:04 pm
Dallas Baptist is still in their tournment. TCU is probably still going to be a national seed but their early exit is not good for bubble teams.
My bad in regards to Dallas Baptist, thought they had lost twice for some reason. I don't think they should get a National Seed regardless of what transpires with them. I think they're a prime example of what's wrong with the RPI formula being used these days. They are a good ball club, just not top10 good imo.