Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas Keuchel developing into an ace...

Started by Ben Steiger, April 30, 2015, 02:13:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Steiger

Great little piece by ESPN, discussing an in-depth breakdown of how Dallas Keuchel has tightened up his pitch locations, and subsequently, developed into the Astros' top pitcher this year. He's still making it happen just like he did when he was a Hog; crafty and away.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/57537/the-astros-have-an-ace-in-dallas-keuchel

It is always a joy to see Razorbacks making it big in the professional leagues and representing our school and state. WPS!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Ben Steiger on April 30, 2015, 02:13:12 am
Great little piece by ESPN, discussing an in-depth breakdown of how Dallas Keuchel has tightened up his pitch locations, and subsequently, developed into the Astros' top pitcher this year. He's still making it happen just like he did when he was a Hog; crafty and away.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/57537/the-astros-have-an-ace-in-dallas-keuchel

It is always a joy to see Razorbacks making it big in the professional leagues and representing our school and state. WPS!

3 big games from these 3 ProHogs!

bulldog04

Arkansas is getting to be known as the college that will get you to the big leagues.  I believe we lead the SEC with former players that are currently on a major league roster.

Cresthog

Dude we have a TON of guys in the bigs right now.

It's ridiculous. And many doing very very well.

JHicks3636

Keuchel goes 8 innings tonight and gives up one earned run, walks 2, strikes out 8, and gets a no-decision. Houston lost 2-1 to Texas as its 10 game winning streak was snapped. Keuchel's era is now .80.

bulldog04

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JackJohnson

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 04, 2015, 09:56:14 pm
Keuchel goes 8 innings tonight and gives up one earned run, walks 2, strikes out 8, and gets a no-decision. Houston lost 2-1 to Texas as its 10 game winning streak was snapped. Keuchel's era is now .80.

he should be 6-0 this year and would be the way to early front runner for Cy Young

2015 League Ranks:
• 5th in AL in W (3)
• 1st in AL in IP (45.0)
• 7th in AL in BB (13)
• 1st in AL in ERA (0.80)
• 1st in AL in WHIP (0.76)
• 1st in AL in W% (1.000)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/31815/dallas-keuchel

Wisco Pig

Keuchel is now 6-0 on the season as the Astros beat the Athletics this afternoon.  He allowed six hits and no earned runs in seven innings to lower his AL-leading ERA to 1.67.   Keuchel's six wins ties him for the league lead with Felix Hernandez.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=350520118

WPS.

pigture perfect

It was another great performance tonight. Proud he's one of ours.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

AirForceHog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on May 20, 2015, 05:03:32 pm
Keuchel is now 6-0 on the season as the Astros beat the Athletics this afternoon.  He allowed six hits and no earned runs in seven innings to lower his AL-leading ERA to 1.67.   Keuchel's six wins ties him for the league lead with Felix Hernandez.

WPS.

That's awesome! I hope he continues to be dominant.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: Wisco Pig on May 20, 2015, 05:03:32 pm

WPS.

His ERA was down around .82 before his previous 2 starts which were a little off for him considering all of his other starts this season. His pitch location and control has been so good this season. The ground ball and DP have been his friend this season! He has been a pleasure to watch.

razobak

I will always remember the gigantic stones he had in that CWS game against UVA back in 09. A true Hog and I'm proud of him and everything he's accomplishing.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Wisco Pig

A bit of bad news today:  Keuchel took his first loss of the season.

"BALTIMORE -- With the exception of two mighty swings, the Baltimore Orioles did very little offensively against Dallas Keuchel.
Baltimore didn't strand a runner and never got one in scoring position. In six of eight innings, the Orioles sent only three batters to the plate.
Yet, thanks to two-run homers by Caleb Joseph and Steve Pearce, the Orioles dealt Keuchel his first loss in a 4-3 victory over the Houston Astros on Monday."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=350525101

NEA_HogFan

Dallas Keuchel threw another gem today. Probably his best game of the year. Complete game 4 hit shutout 11k's and no walks. Cy young anyone?

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on May 30, 2015, 08:29:34 pm
Dallas Keuchel threw another gem today. Probably his best game of the year. Complete game 4 hit shutout 11k's and no walks. Cy young anyone?

3-0 over the White Sox; he went the distance. His pitch location has been magical this season. A ground ball Wizard.

Dr. Starcs

Could he make it to Stillwater for a 6:00 start tomorrow?

Iwastherein1969

and all you heard was Aaron Nola this, Aaron Nola that...Aaron Nola is right now in double A at Reading, PA....LSU gets the benefit everytime because the squeaky wheel gets the grease...its time for UA fans to start getting the grease

ad: Keuchel deserves everything and more of what he's getting...I will be glad when this season is over and Dallas can RE-NEGOTIATE his contract....he's currently making 550k and deserves 20 times that per year compared to other pitchers in the league who are making much more while producing much less
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

yraciv

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 03, 2015, 06:50:05 pm
and all you heard was Aaron Nola this, Aaron Nola that...Aaron Nola is right now in double A at Reading, PA....LSU gets the benefit everytime because the squeaky wheel gets the grease...its time for UA fans to start getting the grease

ad: Keuchel deserves everything and more of what he's getting...I will be glad when this season is over and Dallas can RE-NEGOTIATE his contract....he's currently making 550k and deserves 20 times that per year compared to other pitchers in the league who are making much more while producing much less

Why did you bring up Aaron Nola? He is 4.5 years younger than DK and played 3 years after him. Nola was a better player in college and still is kicking ass with a sub 2 era. He is just 21 so he is still in AA ball.  I'm stunned DK is having this success and couldn't be happier for him, but might want to rethink you comparisons. DK's best season and stuff in college couldn't hold a candle to Louis Coleman and Anthony Ranaudo in college. Obviously that has changed.

TikiHog

Quote from: yraciv on June 03, 2015, 07:46:49 pm
Why did you bring up Aaron Nola? He is 4.5 years younger than DK and played 3 years after him. Nola was a better player in college and still is kicking ass with a sub 2 era. He is just 21 so he is still in AA ball.  I'm stunned DK is having this success and couldn't be happier for him, but might want to rethink you comparisons. DK's best season and stuff in college couldn't hold a candle to Louis Coleman and Anthony Ranaudo in college. Obviously that has changed.

+1

dotnet

What about donut hole licking Kevin Gausman?

Iwastherein1969

because I had earlier mentioned Bregman being ahead of Benintendi in the voting for the Golden Spikes award and I failed to pull that post down to put the Nola post into context....My point was that I'm tired of LSU getting all the head lines while players from Arkansas toiling in the dark without the big contracts yet producing as they deserved one. I apologize for the mistake.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

yraciv

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 04, 2015, 03:34:35 am
because I had earlier mentioned Bregman being ahead of Benintendi in the voting for the Golden Spikes award and I failed to pull that post down to put the Nola post into context....My point was that I'm tired of LSU getting all the head lines while players from Arkansas toiling in the dark without the big contracts yet producing as they deserved one. I apologize for the mistake.

I just don't see the everyone sleeps on Arkansas part of this philosophy.  DK didn't deserve a big contract or pub coming out of college because he didn't have plus stuff and couldn't locate like he can now.  Beni certainly deserves pub and he has got some with SEC player of the year and national player of the years elsewhere.  He'll also turn it into a high draft pick and big signing bonus.  You get credit with the numbers you put up on the field  and stuff you have, wherever you are from.  In relation to the Golden Spikes, that is usually given to players on better teams.  LSU has a better program than us there is no denying that, and their high draft picks have earned that with dominating college stats with great stuff.  You never know how one will progress in baseball, so that is always a question mark.  DK will get paid the next time he negotiates his contract.  The first time he has actually earned a bigger payday.