Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 08:53:11 am

CBP

Started by welchog, October 29, 2017, 06:30:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

welchog

If he winds up at UF or Tenn, the east just took a huge step forward if not passing the west.  With what UGa is doing, and supposing the loser of the CBP lottery gets a good coach, the see-saw my swing Eastward.

IronHog

Nice Bobby =\= BP edited
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

onebadrubi

Bobby won't be able to beat Kirby smart.   Petrino always loses to elite defense with top DL and LB play. 

MultipleScoreGasms

The East is making a comeback regardless of CBP.  He still has his baggage, and he isn't tearing it up at Louisville right now.  CBP could come to either one of those schools, but I think they are more likely to go in another direction.  Time will tell though.  Someone with his abilities could be a good fit at UF or TENN.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: welchog on October 29, 2017, 06:30:34 pm
If he winds up at UF or Tenn, the east just took a huge step forward if not passing the west.  With what UGa is doing, and supposing the loser of the CBP lottery gets a good coach, the see-saw my swing Eastward.

It seems to me that neither UT or UF has a QB on their roster right now that can manage Bobby's offense. His first two years on the hill were mediocre and as we've seen, Florida ain't overly patient.

welchog

All he needs is a quality product, maybe a Freshman.  Look what he did with Casey Dick.  It is the system.

Living near L'ville for three years, I can't see why anyone would want to go there.  Tenn and UF have a distinct recruiting advantage.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 29, 2017, 06:41:08 pm
It seems to me that neither UT or UF has a QB on their roster right now that can manage Bobby's offense. His first two years on the hill were mediocre and as we've seen, Florida ain't overly patient.

His second year was an 8 win season. Followed that up with back to back double digit wins.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 29, 2017, 07:09:22 pm
His second year was an 8 win season. Followed that up with back to back double digit wins.

You think Florida would be happy with 8 wins?  They got that from McElwain.  And yes, things got better with Mallett and Wilson but that's the point, FL ain't got anyone of that caliber.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 29, 2017, 09:29:23 pm
You think Florida would be happy with 8 wins?  They got that from McElwain.  And yes, things got better with Mallett and Wilson but that's the point, FL ain't got anyone of that caliber.

You mean you're not a fan of Felipe "Ballpark" Franks? 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dropkick

CBP is 5-4 after just losing to Wake Forest by 10.

rzrbkman

Quote from: Dropkick on October 30, 2017, 11:50:40 am
CBP is 5-4 after just losing to Wake Forest by 10.

Yep. 5-7 in his last 12 ballgames.

factchecker

Quote from: welchog on October 29, 2017, 06:50:13 pm
All he needs is a quality product, maybe a Freshman.  Look what he did with Casey Dick.  It is the system.

What did Petrino do with Casey Dick?

Casey Dick Stats

Pre-Petrino:

2007   Arkansas     150/262  57.3 completion %    1695 yards       18 TDs  10 INTs    126.6 passer rating

With Petrino:

2008   Arkansas     205/357   57.4 completion %    2586 yards    13 TDs  14 INTs    122.4 passer rating

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/casey-dick-1.html

He improved his completion % by 1% and increased his total yardage but he made Casey a worse quarterback overall.

Dick threw more interceptions under Petrino than he did touchdowns and his QBR dropped as well.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawg414

Quote from: factchecker on October 30, 2017, 01:00:43 pm
What did Petrino do with Casey Dick?

Casey Dick Stats

Pre-Petrino:

2007   Arkansas     150/262  57.3 completion %    1695 yards       18 TDs  10 INTs    126.6 passer rating

With Petrino:

2008   Arkansas     205/357   57.4 completion %    2586 yards    13 TDs  14 INTs    122.4 passer rating

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/casey-dick-1.html

He improved his completion % by 1% and increased his total yardage but he made Casey a worse quarterback overall.

Dick threw more interceptions under Petrino than he did touchdowns and his QBR dropped as well.

in fairness, under petrino, dick was charged with handling more than 4 yard out routes.  on 3rd and 6.  not a whole lot of risk in dick's passing game prior to petrino's arrival.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 29, 2017, 09:29:23 pm

Nope but they would have been happy with his 10 win season and then his 11 win season that followed those 2 years. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawg414 on October 30, 2017, 04:48:52 pm
in fairness, under petrino, dick was charged with handling more than 4 yard out routes.  on 3rd and 6.  not a whole lot of risk in dick's passing game prior to petrino's arrival.

Except he averaged more yards per completion in 2007. Y'alls Booby naratives keep falling apart.

In summary, way more TDs per completion, more yards per completion, less interceptions per completion, but yea booby made Dick a better QB and walked on water.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Razorbackers

It's time to accept that Petrino caught lightning in a bottle at Arkansas, and it wouldn't have lasted here, and anyone that hires him away from Louisville will almost assuredly regret it. He can't win with the best QB in the country against WF.

He did great things here and I'll never forget the feeling of an 11 win season, but his time has come and gone. He needs to stay put.

Dropkick

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 30, 2017, 12:13:08 pm
Yep. 5-7 in his last 12 ballgames.
...with a Heisman QB, wow!