Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU Basketball

Started by razorbackchamps94, January 20, 2015, 07:39:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles ‏@MicklesAdvocate 18h18 hours ago

#LSU freshmen Simmons, Blakeney on 'Top 50 Best Players' list for 2015-16 http://blogs.theadvocate.com/fullcourtpress/2015/07/30/lsu-freshmen-simmons-blakeney-on-top-50-best-players-list-for-2015-16/ ... @Sportsmanias

QuoteLSU freshman Ben Simmons tops the list of the "The 50 Best Players in College Basketball for 2015-16″ published by USA Today's Jason McIntyre.

Simmons' teammate at LSU, incoming freshman Antonio Blakeney, also made the fifth annual preseason list put together by McIntyre, who ranks the players on four criteria: how they've played in college or in their last year in high school, how he projects them as a player next season, individual skill and value to the team, and how he projects them as a pro.

Simmons, a 6-foot-10 forward, was the nation's top-ranked player for most of his senior season, but now gets top billing with a No. 1 ranking against all incoming freshmen and players returning to college next season.

Blakeney, a 6-4 shooting guard who was a summer ball teammate of Simmons the last couple of years in Florida, was 18th on McIntyre's list.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta 14h14 hours ago

For a basketball junkie like me, it was fun to talk to people for the profile on new #LSU coach @brendansuhr: http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/08/new_lsucoach_brendan_suhr_lsus.html ...

Quote"For an old coach like me, I've been there and done that for 35 years, so there's not a lot of things that are going to give me goose bumps, but this job did," Suhr said. "When I told my wife about the goose bumps, she asked me 'Are you feeling OK? Do you need to go to a doctor?' I said 'No, I mean these are the good kind."

Good as in Suhr, a coaching veteran who spent 26 years in the NBA as an executive or right-hand man to a Who's Who of coaching legends, was pumped up about what he heard from Jones.

When the job offer came the next day, Suhr was quick to accept -- with Brenda's vote in tow after the pesky goose bumps issue was resolved.

Suhr was introduced as LSU's new associate coach last week, rounding out the staff as the Tigers head into Jones' fourth season. He replaces Eric Musselman, also a former NBA coach and ironically a close friend of Suhr's...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles ‏@MicklesAdvocate 1h1 hour ago

#LSU basketball team will leave for Australia on Aug. 11 and will play five exhibition games there. #LSU

Jones on Ben Simmons asking a lot of questions: "He has more answers than most freshmen, not a lot of questions." ...more #LSU

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles ‏@MicklesAdvocate Aug 4

Jones: Junbior F Brian Bridgewater has a leg injury and may or may not be able to play on Australia trip. #LSU

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles ‏@MicklesAdvocate Aug 5

#LSU listed as No. 5 seed on Joe Lunardi's debut bracket http://blogs.theadvocate.com/fullcourtpress/2015/08/05/lsu-listed-as-no-5-seed-on-joe-lunardis-debut-bracket/ ... @Sportsmanias

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 7h7 hours ago

Cheick Diallo, Tim Quarterman, and why Murphy's Law continues to bite Illinois. Observations @CBSSports: http://cbsprt.co/1DAgFkI

Quote6-6 Quarterman doesn't get the same ink as the Tigers' two incoming freshmen -- Ben Simmons and Antonio Blakeney -- at least not yet. But don't be surprised if that changes very shortly. Armed with the ability to affect a game in many ways, Quarterman has a "Michael Carter-Williams" type feel to his game and should gain more attention after finishing last season as LSU's starting point guard. The Georgia native had 30 assists and just 11 turnovers in the Tigers' last five games a year ago and was one of the better players this past week amongst the college players at Adidas Nations last week according to people who were at the event.

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles ‏@MicklesAdvocate 4h4 hours ago

#LSU coaches say Australian trip will be educational experience on and offcourt http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13128658-123/more-than-an-exhibition-tour ... via @theadvocatebr @Sportsmanias

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1h1 hour ago

LSU's Josh Gray will not go on team's foreign tour to Australia due to a compliance issue, per Johnny Jones.

jbcarol

Ben Love ‏@BenLoveTSD 16h16 hours ago

Rumbling (from multiple people) is #LSU PG Josh Gray competed in a pro-am tournament in his hometown of Lake Charles this weekend.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles ‏@MicklesAdvocate Sep 5

#LSU football-basketball combined programs ranked No. 1 by ESPN writer http://blogs.theadvocate.com/fullcourtpress/2015/09/05/lsu-football-basketball-combined-programs-ranked-no-1-by-espn-writer/ ... @Sportsmanias

QuoteIn ranking LSU first, Young said, "There arguably won't be an individual combination on any campus better than sophomore running back Leonard Fournette and freshman forward Ben Simmons.

"Fournette lived up to the impossible hype that preceded him to campus by setting a school freshman rushing record with 1,034 yards. Simmons also faces elevated expectations — he's being pegged as the possible No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft — and if he comes close to that, LSU could return to its first Final Four since 2006.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 16m16 minutes ago

LSU has a home visit scheduled with elite PG De'Aaron Fox today. Fox will also have other coaches come in and watch him today.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 1h1 hour ago

All 30 NBA teams are expected to be represented at LSU's NBA combine today, a source told Scout.