Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU Basketball

Started by razorbackchamps94, January 20, 2015, 07:39:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackchamps94

They are by far the 2nd best in the SEC

Kevin

Look good, gators look bad
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Danny J

I think 2-12 right now is a crap-shoot....they have lost at home to aTm and on the road at Mizzou. Also have some good wins too. Right now beating the Gators pretty handily.

Breems

They lost to Missouri (2nd worst team in the SEC?) and lost to A&M at home, who is right at Ole Miss level.

Looks like we may get to play the Gators in the 1st round of the CBI. Losing by 18 at home... shame.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

latrops

Quote from: Breems on January 20, 2015, 08:12:27 pm
They lost to Missouri (2nd worst team in the SEC?) and lost to A&M at home, who is right at Ole Miss level.

Looks like we may get to play the Gators in the 1st round of the CBI. Losing by 18 at home... shame.

We would refuse the CBI.  It is NIT or bust for us.  This year I think we can be an NIT Final Four team.

Depends on the draw, of course.  We need to not draw a team with decent guards.

Like it is

LSU is only going to get better! Look at their recruiting class, along with transfers! They are set! Don't have a clue what our direction is !! I'm VERY concerned !

jry04

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on January 20, 2015, 07:39:00 pm
We will see. They have 2 bad losses. To say they are by far the 2nd best team ahead of UGA and Arkansas is either trolling, or premature. It took 2 OT to beat UGA at home, and UGA beat UF, too. I personally think UGA ends up better than LSU in the end.

jry04

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 20, 2015, 08:24:21 pm
NIT for the Hogs would be a huge disappointment this season.
We aren't going to the NIT. We will make the NCAAT comfortably.

bigred223

We will make the ncaa. There's a lot of room between being a final four team and an ncaa qualifier. We are in that gap.

hogfan10

If at home (I think it is) I think we beat them handily. I've only watched them a couple of times, and not for a whole game, but they look like a turnover waiting to happen.

Letsroll1200

I still believe that Arkansas will finish second followed by Georgia and Texas A&M. LSU have been up and down all season. This league really should get four or five teams in the NCAA but they won't because or reputation.

Danny J

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 20, 2015, 08:36:29 pm
If at home (I think it is) I think we beat them handily. I've only watched them a couple of times, and not for a whole game, but they look like a turnover waiting to happen.
Yes....we get them at home. The teams that seem to cause us the most problems are experienced and good handling PG/SG's which is not the strength of LSU. I think that is why we beat them, Bama Thursday and Mizzou on Saturday.

Nipsey Mussle

If we had their exact same results, everyone on Jump Ball would say we were the worst team in the SEC.
They lost against a horrible Mizzou team and lost to a bad aTm team at home.

Your post is way off the mark.

popcornhog

They have that potential. But as of today that's still us. LSU has losses WAY worse than ours.
WPS

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 20, 2015, 09:17:49 pm
If we had their exact same results, everyone on Jump Ball would say we were the worst team in the SEC.
They lost against a horrible Mizzou team and lost to a bad aTm team at home.

Your post is way off the mark.
How is it way off the mark??? U could say Tenn was 2nd best right now.. But as far as the hogs being 2nd ? Get real ... We're bout 6th as of today

Danny J

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on January 20, 2015, 09:40:25 pm
How is it way off the mark??? U could say Tenn was 2nd best right now.. But as far as the hogs being 2nd ? Get real ... We're bout 6th as of today
You are right....LSU could very well finish 2nd so I don't think you are off the mark in that regard. I do think saying that are the second best team and it isn't even close is off the mark.

Nipsey Mussle

You said LSU is 2nd and it's not even close. With the losses they have and an RPI below ours, I just don't see how you make that statement.

I see you are backing off of it now..in the very same post where you were incredulous about it being off the mark.

rzrbkf4n

Nah they ain't anything. Just hot right now. We will beat them.

hoglady

They look like the 2nd best team tonight.
They DID NOT look like the 2nd best team on Saturday afternoon while blowing a large lead AT HOME allowing A&M to come back and win.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jry04

Meanwhile, every credible publication has us seeded 2nd highest of any SEC team.

Hawg Red

Way too much parity in the SEC right now between Kentucky and Mississippi State. League is a lot better than last season but there isn't much separation right now. Arkansas, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, and A&M look fairly similar right now.

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 20, 2015, 10:27:25 pm
Way too much parity in the SEC right now between Kentucky and Mississippi State. League is a lot better than last season but there isn't much separation right now. Arkansas, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, and A&M look fairly similar right now.
I would agree with all of those teams except South Carolina. They are now 1-4, with Kentucky coming in Saturday. USC is going to be lucky to finish .500 in conference, and will probably only finish around 2 or 3 games above .500 overall. Their win over ISU is appearing to be just a good night, and not indicative of how their season would go.

lefty08

Quote from: jry04 on January 20, 2015, 10:36:09 pm
I would agree with all of those teams except South Carolina. They are now 1-4, with Kentucky coming in Saturday. USC is going to be lucky to finish .500 in conference, and will probably only finish around 2 or 3 games above .500 overall. Their win over ISU is appearing to be just a good night, and not indicative of how their season would go.

It wasnt a good night for them, rather a terrible night for isu
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

jry04

Quote from: lefty08 on January 20, 2015, 10:50:47 pm
It wasnt a good night for them, rather a terrible night for isu
Fair enough, but they still knocked off a top 12 team, so they did enough right. Regardless, outside of that game they have yet to look like even a top 8 SEC team. They are sitting at 10-7, and will probably end up about 7-11 in the SEC

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jry04 on January 20, 2015, 10:36:09 pm
In a thread yesterday, Guv was telling me how USC is better this year than we were last year and then another genius decided to chime in and say USC is proving to be better than us this year as well.
I can't make this stuff up. This thread just proves how much harder our fans are on our own team compared to others.

Kevin

The league is a jumbled mess. outside of uk at the top and miss state & maybe Missouri at the bottom, anyone can beat anyone.

Who can get hot, and go streaking, is the question
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

jry04

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 20, 2015, 11:11:24 pm
In a thread yesterday, Guv was telling me how USC is better this year than we were last year and then another genius decided to chime in and say USC is proving to be better than us this year as well.
I can't make this stuff up. This thread just proves how much harder our fans are on our own team compared to others.
They may be better than last year, but they are not better than us. They will be lucky to make the NIT.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2015, 11:12:10 pm
The league is a jumbled mess. outside of uk at the top and miss state & maybe Missouri at the bottom, anyone can beat anyone.

Who can get hot, and go streaking, is the question
Sounds like a fun game for the next Hogville meet and greet! Who's with me?

Kevin

Hawg Red

Okay, South Carolina is 1-4. Point is still the same, though. Ton of parity in the middle.

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 21, 2015, 06:53:55 am
Okay, South Carolina is 1-4. Point is still the same, though. Ton of parity in the middle.
I agree. I was more of making a point to bring that up because of a few posters on here who love to pump up SC, and think Martin is the greatest coach on the planet.

bigdaddyhawg

LSU has got a little something going.  They are getting better.

And folks, you had better start looking out for Quarterman.  He is playing really dynamic ball right now.

He's the exact kind of guy who will kill us.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GuvHog

Quote from: jry04 on January 21, 2015, 07:04:23 am
I agree. I was more of making a point to bring that up because of a few posters on here who love to pump up SC, and think Martin is the greatest coach on the planet.

I'll address this after the Hogs play SC in Columbia.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jry04 on January 21, 2015, 07:04:23 am

Bear in mind he's only in his second year there, I believe.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jry04

Quote from: GuvHog on January 21, 2015, 12:22:46 pm
I'll address this after the Hogs play SC in Columbia.
They will probably beat us there, but we will beat them here. It does not mean much since we typically suck on the road. It still will not change the fact that they will finish the season around 16-13, and 4 or 5 games under .500 in the SEC. He is a solid coach, but seems to spend more time degrading players rather than helping them learn from mistakes. Last night he spent the entire timeout screaming at his team with under a minute left, so he did not have time to draw up a play.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jry04 on January 21, 2015, 12:51:31 pm
They will probably beat us there, but we will beat them here. It does not mean much since we typically suck on the road. It still will not change the fact that they will finish the season around 16-13, and 4 or 5 games under .500 in the SEC. He is a solid coach, but seems to spend more time degrading players rather than helping them learn from mistakes. Last night he spent the entire timeout screaming at his team with under a minute left, so he did not have time to draw up a play.

Such behavior!  I'm sure USC had no idea he would do that during a basketball game!

jared72404

LOL. This guy is a pretty decent troll at least

Hawg Red

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 21, 2015, 12:47:47 pm
Bear in mind he's only in his second year there, I believe.

This is his 3rd year. They'll finish much better this year than his previous two (9 combined SEC wins).

EastexHawg

Quote from: Breems on January 20, 2015, 08:12:27 pm
They lost to Missouri (2nd worst team in the SEC?)

Look at Missouri's non-conference schedule.  They may or may not be any good, but they played some quality opponents.

MikePiazza

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 21, 2015, 01:54:50 pm
Look at Missouri's non-conference schedule.  They may or may not be any good, but they played some quality opponents.

Arizona, OU, Oklahoma State and Illinois.

versus

Iowa State, SMU, Dayton and Clemson.

Mizzou gets the slight edge, just because Clemson isn't very good.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 21, 2015, 01:52:31 pm
This is his 3rd year. They'll finish much better this year than his previous two (9 combined SEC wins).

OK, thanks for the correction.

EastexHawg

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 21, 2015, 01:58:06 pm
Arizona, OU, Oklahoma State and Illinois.

versus

Iowa State, SMU, Dayton and Clemson.

Mizzou gets the slight edge, just because Clemson isn't very good.

It's not just highly ranked or regarded teams this year as far as I'm concerned.  They've also played plenty of solid...or at least major...programs as well.  Valpo...Purdue...Xavier.  Those programs are more dangerous than Alcorn State, Delaware State, Milwaukee, Northwestern State, and Utah Valley.  They have also already played Kentucky, LSU, and Tennessee (I know we have, too) who a lot of people believe to be three of the best teams in the conference.

Like I said, they may stink throughout the conference season.  I just think playing tougher competition in OOC better prepares you for conference season.  It might also hurt your W/L record, of course.

rude1

There is no No. 2 team in the SEC by far or otherwise. What we have seen so far is that everyone after KY except maybe MsState, have the ability to beat the other. It's a crap shoot at this point after KY, and anyone taking a game or two to think a team is separating themselves is making a mistake.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 21, 2015, 11:34:29 am
LSU has got a little something going.  They are getting better.

And folks, you had better start looking out for Quarterman.  He is playing really dynamic ball right now.

He's the exact kind of guy who will kill us.

He scored 15 against Florida but had 8 points and 4 points in their previous two games. I like him and all, but let Qualls go for 8 and then 4 points and I'm guessing you won't say, "Better start looking out for him."  Again, just showing how much harder you guys are on our coach/team/players than you are our conference foes. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 22, 2015, 04:27:31 am
He scored 15 against Florida but had 8 points and 4 points in their previous two games. I like him and all, but let Qualls go for 8 and then 4 points and I'm guessing you won't say, "Better start looking out for him."  Again, just showing how much harder you guys are on our coach/team/players than you are our conference foes. 

You guys and your obsession with stats.  The box score usually doesn't come close to telling what really happened in a game.  You have to actually watch the games to get that information.

I said that because he's the kind of guy who usually kills us -- a guy who knows how to find open holes in the defense and can consistently knock down those shots when open.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 22, 2015, 09:04:21 am
You guys and your obsession with stats.  The box score usually doesn't come close to telling what really happened in a game.  You have to actually watch the games to get that information.

I said that because he's the kind of guy who usually kills us -- a guy who knows how to find open holes in the defense and can consistently knock down those shots when open.
He's anything but consistent.

bigdaddyhawg

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 22, 2015, 02:33:27 pm
OK, we'll see.
He may score 50 on us, hell, I don't know. That doesn't make him consistent (in fact, quite the contrary).

jbcarol

7-footer Darcy Malone is coming up big for the LSU men's basketball team

QuoteIn his seemingly endless quest to find a fifth starter in his team's first 15 games, LSU basketball coach Johnny Jones went through three big men: freshmen Elbert Robinson III and Aaron Epps and senior John Odo.

In his seemingly endless quest to find a fifth starter in his team's first 15 games, LSU basketball coach Johnny Jones went through three big men: freshmen Elbert Robinson III and Aaron Epps and senior John Odo.

Darcy
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net