Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It has been a LONG day for our AD

Started by Porkatarian, November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 10, 2017, 12:53:15 pm
Long got hazed. haha.

At least Steinmetz didn't put him in the bed of a pickup truck, pull him through the automatic car wash, and drive all over Fayetteville with him back there.

cjack

Quote from: woodhog14 on November 10, 2017, 10:01:46 am
For the 1,638,872th time...Jeff Long had nothing to do with the Pepsi contract. ZERO. That was done at the University level. Coke offered a 2 year deal worth $2 million dollars. Pepsi offered 10 years for $20 Million. Which one would you take if you were the university trying to raise money?

I'm not defending Long and I want him gone, just get tired of the falsehoods of the Pepsi deal. Also, I hate Pepsi.

It was Jeff Long and Bielema. They love Pepsi.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Kevin

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 10, 2017, 11:42:58 am
you believe his, but not mine, when mine came first, and they say the same thing, and you do it simultaneously. IMPRESSIVE.

keep bringing it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jgphillips3

Quote from: coolhog on November 10, 2017, 12:43:09 pm
Chancellor and trustees needs to treat Long with
Respect. Fly him down to little rock, leave him out of
Meeting, fly back with him in the same plane and not communicate
With him is terrible.

Flying him down, making him sit there like the employee he is and not bringing him in IS communicating with him.

prattville pig

Quote from: coolhog on November 10, 2017, 12:43:09 pm
Chancellor and trustees needs to treat Long with
Respect. Fly him down to little rock, leave him out of
Meeting, fly back with him in the same plane and not communicate
With him is terrible.

Mrcoolhog55?
Life's too short to last long.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 10, 2017, 11:42:58 am
you believe his, but not mine, when mine came first, and they say the same thing, and you do it simultaneously. IMPRESSIVE.
I just said his wasn't cryptic, I didn't say it was right.

You have a track record of frequently speaking with 100% certainty when you don't actually know what's going to happen, and being wrong. It makes you untrustworthy. With that said, if Leach is hired I'll formally apologize to you.

twistitup

November 10, 2017, 02:12:22 pm #207 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:40:27 pm by twistitup
Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 10, 2017, 01:39:52 pm
Flying him down, making him sit there like the employee he is and not bringing him in IS communicating with him.

Like an old wise gunsmith once told me:
Actions speak louder than words

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on November 10, 2017, 02:12:22 pm
Lijke an old wise gunsmith once told me:
Actions speak louder than words

I was told he spent the time catching up on his "Words with friends" app......

grayhawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 02:23:17 pm
I think I seen a pic of him reading the newspaper, couldn't tell if it was the help wanted section or not.

The Hawg Marshal

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 02:23:17 pm

Jeff Long has friends? 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Mike_e on November 10, 2017, 05:37:48 am
Contrariwise whomever replaces him will know not to sit on their laurels.

How many ADs are out there?  How many assistant ADs?

We only need one.

We only needed one coach when we hire JLS.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HardCore on November 10, 2017, 05:40:44 am
If he is so respected, he should zero issues finding a position elsewhere.

What makes him so "Respected"?

The financial situation of the school, handling of CBP, and Chairing the Playoff Committee are three.

I am not saying keep him or fire him. I am only saying he is respected outside of Hogville.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 10, 2017, 06:05:04 am
No problem. They will know enough as to why that it shouldn't bother them. Besides maybe some of them actually don't like Long anyway. Highly respected AD's are no different than the jobs. They are replaceable.

Well someone thought that when Nolan was tired and the string of bad football coaches we have had. I'm pretty sure Hogville thought Fayetteville was the destination that any great coach would want.

It isn't as guaranteed as some would like to think.

Dark Helmet Hog

Airplane rides, screwed up insurance papers, bad hires (attempted hires) and just being an arrogant a-hole. Times up.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 10, 2017, 04:48:32 pm
Airplane rides, screwed up insurance papers, bad hires (attempted hires) and just being an arrogant a-hole. Times up.

Don't be a rumor monger.....

It isn't becoming of you....

PRJ

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 11:19:56 pm
If you took personal trips on the company plane, would you keep your job?

Porkatarian out...

It stuck me wrong that Long and DVH tweeted a pic of them in front of the jet on their way to the World Series.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 04:50:19 pm
Don't be a rumor monger.....

It isn't becoming of you....

PRJ

Oops. Thought I was using my inside voice...

;D

The Kig

Quote from: prattville pig on November 10, 2017, 01:46:56 pm
Mrcoolhog55?

No way... grammar is WAY too well structured.  There might have even been a sentence in that jumble of words. Maybe....
Poker Porker

porkrindjimmy

ricepig

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 10, 2017, 04:54:07 pm
It stuck me wrong that Long and DVH tweeted a pic of them in front of the jet on their way to the World Series.

RF plane wasn't it? They both have personal service contracts with the RF, who knows what it entails.

Sivad

Waste of money on both counts.

hog of steele

Beautiful publicity. If you want to play in the World Series, AR can get you there. Helps recruiting.

ricepig

Quote from: hog of steele on November 10, 2017, 05:28:52 pm
Beautiful publicity. If you want to play in the World Series, AR can get you there. Helps recruiting.

And those two former Razorbacks make real good money, they might be interested in making a donation to help payoff the indoor facility.

Tusks

Quote from: ChitownHawg on November 10, 2017, 04:47:25 pm
Well someone thought that when Nolan was tired and the string of bad football coaches we have had. I'm pretty sure Hogville thought Fayetteville was the destination that any great coach would want.

It isn't as guaranteed as some would like to think.

Well when Nolan was retired JFB had Bill Self in his hip pocket until White told him no.  He had Tubbs in his pocket until White told him no.  BP called and called until someone finally answered the phone. 

Hell BB wrote a love letter to get the job.

I don't think the option for good coaches will be limited.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 05:41:44 pm
Well when Nolan was retired JFB had Bill Self in his hip pocket until White told him no.  He had Tubbs in his pocket until White told him no.  BP called and called until someone finally answered the phone. 

John White burnt the BB program to ground by not allowing the hire of Self. Jeff long has been the slow burner left behind by White. We can get good coaches, good players and succeed. Arkansas is a sleeping giant (per Stoops). Long has helped keep us in an induced coma.

hog of steele

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 05:39:43 pm
And those two former Razorbacks make real good money, they might be interested in making a donation to help payoff the indoor facility.

I imagine putting a bunch of guys in the pros and keeping good relations with them will pay off for Baum stadium at some point. It amazes me that any would grumble about this. Baseball is a winning program for us.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 04:59:44 pm
RF plane wasn't it? They both have personal service contracts with the RF, who knows what it entails.
Okay. Thanks

Mike_e

Quote from: ChitownHawg on November 10, 2017, 04:41:39 pm
We only needed one coach when we hire JLS.  ;)

Yep, but he was a temp.

To be honest I don't have a problem with his hiring CBB.  At the time it seemed a good hire.

The problem I have with him now is his history of bad to mediocre hires.  That is not acceptable in your chief head hunter.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Lady Razorback

Quote from: ChitownHawg on November 10, 2017, 05:29:58 am
Which you can play the other side of that coin. ADs across the US will see we removed a highly respected AD.

Not a good rep to have when looking for an AD.

I don't think you would even need to look across the US.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 05:41:44 pm

If the Self rumor is accurate then he would have been coming to a program that recently won an NC.

I don't think that describes our football program.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 10, 2017, 05:51:56 pm
John White burnt the BB program to ground by not allowing the hire of Self. Jeff long has been the slow burner left behind by White. We can get good coaches, good players and succeed. Arkansas is a sleeping giant (per Stoops). Long has helped keep us in an induced coma.

Sleeping giant? I'm an alum and I'm not going to be that big of a homer. We ain't no sleeping giant.  ;D

Pork Twain

Pork is one of more accurate guys on here but if you were around in the Heath, Pel, HDN days you would be well aware that even one of the best was batting about .333 back then and that was before the rumor mill got locked down.  Some of you new folks are far too quick to buy into anything posted.  Just be cautious getting your hopes up too much based on anything you see on Hogville.  That reduces board meltdown when someone's prediction does not pan out.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

alohawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 11, 2017, 01:57:24 am
Pork is one of more accurate guys on here but if you were around in the Heath, Pel, HDN days you would be well aware that even one of the best was batting about .333 back then and that was before the rumor mill got locked down.  Some of you new folks are far too quick to buy into anything posted.  Just be cautious getting your hopes up too much based on anything you see on Hogville.  That reduces board meltdown when someone's prediction does not pan out.

Good advice
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

moses_007

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 10, 2017, 01:39:52 pm
Hummmm, had that been done to me, I would think I wasn't welcome here anymore.  Good observation.

PonderinHog

ricepig

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 08:49:41 am
Ponderin out......
We.. need... more.. delph... at... the... skill... positions...

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 11, 2017, 09:00:09 am
We.. need... more.. delph... at... the... skill... positions...

You never can have enough delph.....

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 09:02:21 am
You never can have enough delph.....

Agree...its all about a good Relphshirt program

parallaxpig

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm
Bert will be gone at the end of the year.

Jeff isn't out of the woods yet...millions of reasons why

Porkatarian out...

If Jeff survives, will he be sole decision maker on new coach.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

HeyHogs

grayhawg

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 11, 2017, 07:34:52 pm
If Jeff survives, will he be sole decision maker on new coach.
I've heard he will have little or no input, I sure hope that's true.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: grayhawg on November 11, 2017, 07:49:50 pm
I've heard he will have little or no input, I sure hope that's true.
Yeah I don't think you let a guy on his way out make the hire. As ricepig said he might be the face of the hire though.

Pigstie

Quote from: duckman on November 09, 2017, 07:05:25 pm
Been here long?
Out of BP, Smiley, and CBB, which one did you predict correctly? Go ahead I'll wait....
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

DeltaBoy

Just Go away Jeffery Long.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogFoo

Well, looks like the text i got from my friend a few days back was right after all.     he text me again earlier this morning to tell me today.  but, i didnt quite feel like sharing since some of you like to haze anyone with any information. big bunch of jackholes some of you guys are...  but, there it is.  i am sure a lot of you are happy with what has transpired.  These other schools were trying to get the jumpstart on coaching search.  florida sure did, and UT.  but, hopefully, we'll be able to pick up some steam and find a good guy.   anyways.. onwards and upwards.. oh and I Told you so!  =-P
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............