Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1190 The Fan

Started by GrantMerrill, April 19, 2008, 03:48:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D Ive Wright

Quote from: GrantMerrill on April 19, 2008, 03:48:51 pm
I've just taken over as sales manager (among some other things) for 1190 The Fan in NWA...  We are looking at rapidly expanding our programming to align more with the Razorback Nation, and to cover more high school sports.

I know the signal is an issue for many. We're making the best of what we have right now, but are working toward making some major improvements in the near future. With that said, what would you like to see out of your sports station in NWA?

Outside of our advertisers, Hogville is the first place I turn to get opinions... it is one of the most powerful sports outlets in Arkansas these days!

Also, feel free to call me at (479) 582-3776 during the week if you would like to visit by phone.

Thanks for your input...

Because of this thread, I listened to Press Row this morning. I would suggest that you listen to the tape of todays show. That says it all.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: hSv on April 23, 2008, 07:33:28 am
A little bird told me some interesting changes are coming......................

This isn't the one about Nolan doing radio is it?

GrantMerrill

My vote is to change the call letters to "KHSV" and make it "Lanny 1190, All Hogville, All the time!"

razorback4ever

As a business owner and former advertiser on all of the local radio sports shows, I would like to address the issues many of you have concerning those annoying commercials.

Many times, the advertiser is forced to produce and record his own commercial due to the lack of "creative genius" demonstrated by the employees of the local stations. I experienced this first hand at both stations. It seemed that if I wanted anything more than the plain vanilla ( name, location, product sold ) type commercial, the station employees were useless. While many of these business owners fail miserably in your opinion in producing a commercial you like, they are memorable none the less. That's the goal of any advertiser, to have his company name remembered.
I will admit that many of these local guys let their commercial run too long. Myself, I tried to have 3-5 commercials made up and rotated on a monthly or weekly basis. If I listened every day to the programs I advertised on, I would routinely catch the stations failing to rotate the commercials as I had requested.
Something else that affected my ability to produce a new commercial was my ability to take the time off from work to record a new spot. I had to show up at the Fayetteville studios during business hours to record a spot, and sometimes it was difficult to make that time.
As for a commercial running so much you just get sick of it, keep this in mind. Let's say I buy a package that gets me an ad run 3 times a day M-F on 1190. If the station hasn't sold every possible spot they have available, spots like mine get thrown into those empty spots. As an advertiser, I love it! I get extra spots for the same price. The downside is beating my spot into a premature death. As an advertiser, I may not be aware of my spot running 20 times a day, everyday. If I don't listen to the station all day, everyday, how will I know? The station is doing me a favor by giving me free spots, but as a listener, your getting sick of hearing my spot. A commercial that should have lasted me at a minimum a whole month has already worn out it's welcome be the end of the first week.
At any point, it is the advertisers responsibility to keep his advertisments fresh, but many times it's the stations fault as much as the advertiser.

As for the local shows.....I guess there's a reason I don't advertise on them anymore.  :P

woodhog14

Hopefully that birdie told you a better signal or an FM station.

Hogcalla

Did the little bird mention the possibility of an FM version of ESPN radio coming to NWA soon?  In my opinion, that has to be addressed first and foremost or all of this other stuff doesn't matter because the signal is weak.

bobbybouchet

Quote from: razorback4ever on April 23, 2008, 05:16:42 pm
As a business owner and former advertiser on all of the local radio sports shows, I would like to address the issues many of you have concerning those annoying commercials.

Many times, the advertiser is forced to produce and record his own commercial due to the lack of "creative genius" demonstrated by the employees of the local stations. I experienced this first hand at both stations. It seemed that if I wanted anything more than the plain vanilla ( name, location, product sold ) type commercial, the station employees were useless. While many of these business owners fail miserably in your opinion in producing a commercial you like, they are memorable none the less. That's the goal of any advertiser, to have his company name remembered.
I will admit that many of these local guys let their commercial run too long. Myself, I tried to have 3-5 commercials made up and rotated on a monthly or weekly basis. If I listened every day to the programs I advertised on, I would routinely catch the stations failing to rotate the commercials as I had requested.
Something else that affected my ability to produce a new commercial was my ability to take the time off from work to record a new spot. I had to show up at the Fayetteville studios during business hours to record a spot, and sometimes it was difficult to make that time.
As for a commercial running so much you just get sick of it, keep this in mind. Let's say I buy a package that gets me an ad run 3 times a day M-F on 1190. If the station hasn't sold every possible spot they have available, spots like mine get thrown into those empty spots. As an advertiser, I love it! I get extra spots for the same price. The downside is beating my spot into a premature death. As an advertiser, I may not be aware of my spot running 20 times a day, everyday. If I don't listen to the station all day, everyday, how will I know? The station is doing me a favor by giving me free spots, but as a listener, your getting sick of hearing my spot. A commercial that should have lasted me at a minimum a whole month has already worn out it's welcome be the end of the first week.
At any point, it is the advertisers responsibility to keep his advertisments fresh, but many times it's the stations fault as much as the advertiser.

As for the local shows.....I guess there's a reason I don't advertise on them anymore.  :P

Yea...but we heard Junior Clanton 3 years ago...  I guess there were so many requests for his return of tearing Norm the Tire Man up like an old man's stomach at a chili cookoff.  Also, I have been brainwashed into thinking I need to go to Dossler (sp?) National Monument and see the Stegosaurus and his golf ball sized brain.  My lucky day.

Baconator

Replace Grant Hall with Forrest City Joe.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Festus Haggen on April 24, 2008, 10:30:21 am
Replace Grant Hall with Forrest City Joe.

You would have a hell of a show then!  Great idea!
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

opineonswine

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 21, 2008, 02:51:16 pm
Why all the love for Mike "When I was playing football in Texas in 5th Grade" Irwin. The guy was a joke. Over and above that he is a Texan. No Texan has any authority about the Hogs unless they played for the Hogs.

He was born in Texas.  He's lived here longer than he ever lived in Texas.  He is NOT a Texan.

opineonswine

Quote from: HogRockCafe on April 22, 2008, 06:30:24 pm
Sports Rap is a far better option than DTS.  I say that only because I don't care about Harmony Grove High School football scores.

Amen....and no one cares about Harmony Grove scores or expectations except Harmony Grove fans.  On Fridays in the fall when the Razorbacks have important football game the next day we have to hear Barry Grooms drone on about the Curly Wolves?  Atrocious.

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: opineonswine on April 24, 2008, 10:35:15 am
Amen....and no one cares about Harmony Grove scores or expectations except Harmony Grove fans.  On Fridays in the fall when the Razorbacks have important football game the next day we have to hear Barry Grooms drone on about the Curly Wolves?  Atrocious.
What?

No Norphlet Leopards football talk?

Blaspheme!  ;D

BoogerHollerHog

A broadcaster friend of mine forwarded this article from a radio website "AllAccess.Com"

More Fox Sports In Baltimore, N.W. Arkansas

HEARST Talk WBAL-A/BALTIMORE has expanded its carriage of PREMIERE's FOX SPORTS RADIO, airing the network 9p-1a weeknights and at various weekend hours.

In addition, the flip of BUTLER BROADCASTING Spanish Sports KFFK-A (ESPN DEPORTES)/ROGERS, AR to English-language Sports will include clearance of FOX SPORTS RADIO weekdays 9-11a, 2-4p, and 8p-5a weekdays, and all day on weekends. The flip takes place MONDAY (4/28).

With those hours, it looks as if they might be making room for more local programming like Shawn and Wally or a local show in the afternoon? The unfortunate thing here is that the 1390 signal doesn't really get into Fayetteville any better than 1190...

Jim

So does this mean Butler will have ESPN on 1190 and FSN on KFFK?  If you're assessment of the "strength" of KFFK's signal is correct, I'm wondering if somehow both stations are going to simulcast the way that Hot Mix does on 101.9 and 102.3FM.

Theolesnort

April 24, 2008, 12:47:59 pm #114 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:10:51 pm by Theolesnort
Quote from: Jones4040 on April 21, 2008, 03:07:56 pm
Valuable insights into our program? The only insight he had was from his weekly phone calls with Beck.

Entertaining? Everyone has there own opinion. I remember ever thing being compared to his 5th grade football team in Texas.

Good Guests? What guests did he ever have?

He spoke for the average fan? I don't ever recall him saying what I thought.
He was basically the mouthpiece for Beck Campbell and was always one sided.

I was going to ask you about your comment about all the love for Mike and then ask you all your disdain for Mike then I saw this comment about Beck. It explained everything. You are one of the kool-aid drinkers that believed everything that was pumped out of the Ministry of Disinformation (BAC) while Nutt was here. Do you even know Mike or Beck? Have you ever sat down at a table with him and broke bread and conversed with him. You question his Ark ties and loyalty then you call him a joke. When someone said that Mike spoke for the common average fan you attacked that saying he never said anything for you or for what interested you. WELL? Figure it out. You are not the common or average Ark fan. In fact seems to me you would be far better served and happy to be in Mississippi with your coach. Before you ask, yes I know Beck and her two boys. She is a lovely lady and her two boys are outstanding young people. She is not even near the person you have been told about. You need to take certain things you are told with a grain of salt. Yes I have sat at a meal with Mike and listened to his love and knowledge of the Razorbacks which go far beyond the average fan. His love for the people of the State and of the geography of the area makes him a true Arkansas citizen.  Please believe me when I say he is where he truly wants to be. So my question to you is why do people judge so harshly people and things they have no knowledge of?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Pigmund Freud

Don't know want planet Jones4040 is from, but Mike Irwin had more interesting sports commentary in his little finger than any of the current talk show hosts. I hung aluminum foil all over the antenna to try to get that sorry 1190 signal just to hear him every day...and he went out on a limb to do what was right  for the Hogs when it was not safe to do so. He deserves a show if he would come back.

Hogville cafe would be the next choice. Bo is not credible anymore, and sunshine boy never was. Shawn at least made an effort to be fair in the past. If you want real  hog fans, I'd go with Irwin , hogville cafe and Shawn's show.

CallMeAl

Get rid of Norm the tire man commercials. They are extremely annoying to the point that I turn the station when they are on. I will not go to see Norm the tire man even if he offered me free tires. That is how annoying his commercials are.
Hog since birth.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: opineonswine on April 24, 2008, 02:17:05 pm
I have never been a fan of banning, but some people make you strongly want to reconsider, eh Palooza?  Mike Irwin was the only broadcast guy with a pair that stood up to the lies and propaganda and did the work to find out the truth.  It's too bad so many people didn't want to hear the truth.

I miss hearing Mike on Hogville MI was the voice of ONE Crying in the Wilderness.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

axharbor

MI is a true fan with the balls to speak up for the common fan.

Norm the Tire Man and Xerox commercials cause me to change the channel every morning, and not come back the rest of the day.  I will listen to the station until I hear one, then I switch to XM.  I'm about to the point that I will turn it when I hear Vernon talk too...  Sadly, might need to type it out as SADLY, I was actually happy to hear Rainbow Rick on there this morning talking to Grant.  I thought they had done away with Vernon, then I heard him, turned the channel.  I'm not a Rainbow Rick fan to say the least, that's just how bad it has gotten. 

With all that said, I am sure Norm, Tim Stanley, Rick, Grant, and Vernon are all great people.  I know for a fact that you would be hard pressed to find a better person than Rick.  I'm just tired of hearing them all!

eddyhog

April 24, 2008, 03:54:46 pm #119 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:00:17 pm by eddyhog
I know a lot of nice guys. Rick can be a nice guy and do something else. I don't want somebody blowing smoke up my butt when it comes to my Hogs. I'm a big boy. I can handle the truth. I've never tried it but listening to Rick must be what its like trying to consume a 5 lb bag of sugar. It would not be good for you and I'm pretty sure in short order you'd have an overwhelming urge to start puking.

Hornkiller

Quote from: SiriusHog™ on April 20, 2008, 08:58:23 pm
everyone just get Sirius and be done with old fashioned radio!  ;)

I'm on Sirius and it's going to take a lot to get me back to terrestrial radio. But if you're serious about it bring the Jungle back to NWA. For all the wanna be's there is only one Van Smack. After enduring Sunshine Shaffer and Chuckle's the Clown Barret, the terrorist...err sports fans of NWA deserve the best. And Jim Rome is the best.

Or let me break it down to you this way. I've worked in advertising and Rome is #1 sports talk show bar none. Not ESPN and not Dan Patrick and not some local hack taking his cues from the University.  Rome = ratings = advertisers = more cash. Flip the switch at 11 am and watch the numbers grow.

Or don't and watch the male audience continue to migrate to other radio options.

axharbor

Quote from: Hornkiller on April 24, 2008, 04:12:37 pm
I'm on Sirius and it's going to take a lot to get me back to terrestrial radio. But if you're serious about it bring the Jungle back to NWA. For all the wanna be's there is only one Van Smack. After enduring Sunshine Shaffer and Chuckle's the Clown Barret, the terrorist…err sports fans of NWA deserve the best. And Jim Rome is the best.

Or let me break it down to you this way. I've worked in advertising and Rome is #1 sports talk show bar none. Not ESPN and not Dan Patrick and not some local hack taking his cues from the University.  Rome = ratings = advertisers = more cash. Flip the switch at 11 am and watch the numbers grow.

Or don't and watch the male audience continue to migrate to other radio options.

Man, I forgot about Rome.  That was a great program!

I might be in the minority right now, but in the AM, I go XM 144 for TK, then I get Dan Patrick.  In the afternoon I switch over to baseball games.  If 1190 were any good, I would give it a go.  I'm going to see if I can get Rome on XM.  Think he is only on Sirius?

Noslop

Press Row has really gone downhill since Tarver joined the program. It's not just the constant interuptions and repetitions, it's how negative he is all the time. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like anytime he has an opinion on anything, he expresses it in the most negative way possible. I listen to Press Row on a daily basis on my drive in to work, but lately I find myself changing the station more often than not. It's the excessive golf coverage/ladies sports etc. (which is fine on a limited basis) as much as anything, but Tarver is so grating on my nerves it pushes me over the edge.

Jim

The only ratings I can find are on arbitron.com for persons 12+.  Those are usually pretty broad numbers, not to mention the most general.  I think if you're a subscribing station, you get a more detailed breakdown of how your station did in all demos.  For 1190 in the Fall of '07, they earned a score of 2.9, barely beating out Y94.9 (an FM station).  They earned a 1.9 (and that's an FM signal).  I haven't really digested and dissected an Arbitron report in quite a while but I'd love to see where the "numbers" went from Spring '07 to Fall '07. 

As far as those two stations go, they look like they almost flip-flopped numbers.

Consequently, by way of comparison, KIX scored a 12.9 followed by the Eagle with an 8.0.

I just wonder how much longer Cumulus is going to put money into Sam 98 and/or Y94.9.  If we're looking for an FM signal, I'd consider flipping one of those stations to sports talk.  You can't do much worse.

SLC

April 24, 2008, 07:58:40 pm #124 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:02:55 pm by SLC
Great Thread.

Press Row.  Vernon keeps talking over Grant, callers, etc...  This needs to stop.  Stop with the Golf, women's sports (a little is ok, just not my whole 20 minute drive in to work), and St. Louis Cardinals all the time.  This is not an all St. Louis Cardinal area anymore.  Get some decent guests on the show, do some interviews..  Jenie Lamp is ok, I don't agree with him on a lot but he surely livens the show up. 

AGAIN, I TURN THE STATION WHEN I HEAR ABOUT GOLF, WOMEN'S SPORTS AND THE CARDINALS AND I AM GONE THE REST OF THE MORNING!!!

Cowherd.  He is easily the most entertaining show on.

Tirico.  I cannot take Tirico, Michelle Tafoya or anyone else on this show.  BORING. 

Stephen What's His Face.  I would choose dial-a-trade over this joker. 

DTS.  I hate this show.  The hosts are terrible.  I hate The Rib Crib, will not eat there.  I hate First Security Bank, will never bank there even if I had a personal invite from Searcy.  The hosts are terrible.  I hate everything about this show.  The hosts are terrible.  The High School coverage is abysmal, as if anyone cared.  Finally, the hosts are terrible. 

Give me Shawn and Wally each and every day of the week, and twice on Sunday over DTS. 

Good luck man.  Good luck. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Hornkiller

April 24, 2008, 08:16:17 pm #125 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:18:23 pm by Hornkiller
Quote from: axharbor on April 24, 2008, 04:54:01 pm
Man, I forgot about Rome.  That was a great program!

I might be in the minority right now, but in the AM, I go XM 144 for TK, then I get Dan Patrick.  In the afternoon I switch over to baseball games.  If 1190 were any good, I would give it a go.  I'm going to see if I can get Rome on XM.  Think he is only on Sirius?

Rome isn't on XM or Sirius, only in syndication. That's why Steve Butler needs to step up and give the fans the best. We've suffered long enough with this subpar local sports radio in this market.  If they're not careful, someone else is going to get it, come into the market, launch a new station and take over. Or people are going to start packing their lunches, saving their cash and when XM and Sirius merge we get our choice of what 7 - 10 sports channels, plus 100's of other music stations.

Local radio is going to have to learn what local TV did. Give your audience what it wants or they're gone flipping up the remote to channel 500 and it won't take too long. Too many choices out there anymore to think giving us the same old "sports crap" or playing the same Eagle's, Boston, and Who songs over and over is going to keep us around. Tell Mr. Butler it's time to step up or get out of the game.

Quite Frankly

eddyhog

Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 24, 2008, 08:55:23 pm
I hate Rome.
Rome seems to be permanently pissed off. Kind of like the anti-Schaeffer. Can you imagine those two on a show together ?

Hornkiller

Quote from: eddyhog on April 24, 2008, 09:19:19 pm
Rome seems to be permanently pissed off. Kind of like the anti-Schaeffer. Can you imagine those two on a show together ?

Actually that is what this market needs besides Rome. I've seen it work in other markets where you have two different personalities, two different takes and two different sides of the coin. One guy is the passion of the fan, the other the intellect. All sides of the issues are covered and you know that one person isn't pushing their agenda down your throat.

Now will that happen here? I don't know. It seems like unlike other markets NWA sports talk shows seem to want to have the blessing of the University and danged be he who is critical of the golden Hog. It seems that every sports talk guy is interchangeable around here. Hogs Rule, SEC is the best, Big XII sucks and everyone is out to get poor ole lowly Arkansas.

clone in arkansas

Listening to Rome today for the first time in 3 years for the annual smackoff, and it's really quite entertaining.  Would be great to have a local affiliate for him.  Also listened to Dan Patrick this AM, and he does a pretty good show as well, but him and Cowherd are interchangable I think in terms of quality.  I haven't listened to any of the sports shows in a few weeks as the ESPN programs are getting pretty boring now that Patrick is gone, and the local shows are lame as well right now.

Hornkiller

Today is the smack off? Dang....

Jim

I don't know if there's just such a lag in real, quality sports talk programming/hosts, but even the nat'l guys are getting lazy.

On XM Sports, they've got Tony K on 'til 9am, Dan Patrick on for a whopping 2 hours then rebroadcast TK's show.  Then around 1pm or so, they've been putting on either the Ripken brothers report (zzzzz) or some rehashed, retread college sports report.

Where's Tony Bruno when you need him?

On ESPN, they've got some real gems from 6a 'til noon with Mike & Mike and then Colin.  I wasn't as big of a fan of Cowherd for a while but when you're exposed to some real shoddy programming, you begin to really appreciate how good someone who's PREPARED sounds on the air.

However, once noon hits, ESPN goes into their snooze cycle and it all falls away.  Tirico is boring as all get out and they've not been able to really solidify an afternoon host for whatever show they're trying to do from 2pm on.  I've read on here and agree that Eric Kasilleas was pretty good (he's a diamond in the rough, IMO) but they (ESPN) need to get a real "personality" in there to anchor afternoons.

ESPN Xtra has the Max Kellerman/Brian Kenney show being simulcasted from the ESPN affiliate in NYC and they really sound good.

I'm hoping that whatever "changes" are headed our way here in NWA, they're going to be exciting enough to make me come back to terrestrial radio.

Hornkiller

Sirius has a slight lag in the afternoon. But in the fall they have the Southern College Football show with Terry Bowden. 3 straight hours everyday of college football, most of it about the SEC. But also a national perspective without the ESPN bias of USC is king or why is Notre Dame bad. Good stuff....

axharbor

So when are these changes going to happen?

vonPete

What happened to Bo's show?

juke

Quote from: GrantMerrill on April 19, 2008, 03:48:51 pm
With that said, what would you like to see out of your sports station in NWA?

Get rid of Rick and Randy and replace them with objectivity.

SLC

What did happen to Bo's show? 

BTW, I listened to Press Row this morning, much better.  Vernon let Grant talk and vica versa.  Not too much about golf or women's sports.  Good discussion on the show this morning about Costas's show on HBO and race relations in sports. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

SLC

Quote from: juke on April 30, 2008, 09:11:14 pm
Get rid of Rick and Randy and replace them with objectivity.

But in any case, get rid of them.

IronMountainHog

Please quit running the same stupid clips from Press Row i.e.
Genie Lamp arguing with Grant and Vernon about Texas or Oklahoma against Arkansas. If I have to hear Vernon say "where you going to play Tulsa?" and then 3 seconds later Grant say "yeah where you going to play Tulsa?". Stupid is is stupid does. Do us all a favor and pull this segment. Genie Lamp is the biggest idiot of all time on radio.

Ex-Trumpet

Drop drive-by in the afternoons and pick up "The Hard Line" out of Dallas!!  Not sure if they would syndicate or not, but they are hilarious!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

capnamerica

Quote from: IronMountainHog on April 30, 2008, 09:30:46 pm
Please quit running the same stupid clips from Press Row i.e.
Genie Lamp arguing with Grant and Vernon about Texas or Oklahoma against Arkansas. If I have to hear Vernon say "where you going to play Tulsa?" and then 3 seconds later Grant say "yeah where you going to play Tulsa?". Stupid is is stupid does. Do us all a favor and pull this segment. Genie Lamp is the biggest idiot of all time on radio.

hahahaha....i completely agree.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 30, 2008, 09:55:57 pm
Drop drive-by in the afternoons and pick up "The Hard Line" out of Dallas!!  Not sure if they would syndicate or not, but they are hilarious!!!

I am amazed at how many people like the hard line.  I mean I know I am in the minority, but I really prefer Galloway.
Let's make some waves.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hogfanintx on May 02, 2008, 07:47:50 am

I am amazed at how many people like the hard line.  I mean I know I am in the minority, but I really prefer Galloway.

Galloway sucks!  Stay hard!   ;)
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

George S. Pigton

VonPete, the changes take place on Monday.

1-4 on a.m. 1190, 103.7 the buzz and 96.3 ESPN you will have Bo's Show
4-7 on those same shows will give you DTS

On 1030 a.m. now from 4-7 u have the sports animals out of LRK with Wally, Shawn and Jim Harris
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: wayne1958 on May 02, 2008, 08:05:19 am
Galloway sucks!  Stay hard!   ;)

Need to start a new thread..."What's on Wayne's Mind?"  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Quote from: wayne1958 on May 02, 2008, 08:05:19 am
Galloway sucks!  Stay hard!   ;)

Hey Wayne.  that's what you think........lol  or I know you are but what am I.  Or I'm rubber you are glue....hee heeeeeeeeeeeee                I am really suprised you hate Galloway.... ;D
Let's make some waves.

Calvin N Hawgs

I know I'm late to the party here, but until the signal problem is rectified, it really doesn't matter what's on 1190.  I refuse to listen to 60/40 static to talking.  I drive 30 miles to work and 30 more back and I've just started listening to books on CD. 

WxHog

May 02, 2008, 10:48:37 am #147 Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:59:57 am by WxHog
Quote from: BoogerHollerHog on April 24, 2008, 11:57:22 am
A broadcaster friend of mine forwarded this article from a radio website "AllAccess.Com"

In addition, the flip of BUTLER BROADCASTING Spanish Sports KFFK-A (ESPN DEPORTES)/ROGERS, AR to English-language Sports will include clearance of FOX SPORTS RADIO weekdays 9-11a, 2-4p, and 8p-5a weekdays, and all day on weekends. The flip takes place MONDAY (4/28).

With those hours, it looks as if they might be making room for more local programming like Shawn and Wally or a local show in the afternoon? The unfortunate thing here is that the 1390 signal doesn't really get into Fayetteville any better than 1190...

Can someone tell me if 1390 made the flip from Spanish Sports to Fox Sports?   

I would love to see Jim Rome as an option between 11am-2pm in NWA, so I don't have to listen to it on a distant signal from Springfield, Tulsa, or Fort Smith.   

If AM 1390 can simulcast the local programming with AM 1190, can 1390 moves its transmitter from Bentonville to Springdale or Fayetteville to improve upon the 1190 signal in Washington County?  I know you have to jump through a lot of red tape from the FCC to move a transmitter, but that could really help improve the signal in Fayetteville.   

Quote from: WxHog on May 02, 2008, 10:48:37 am
Can someone tell me if 1390 made the flip from Spanish Sports to Fox Sports?   

I would love to see Jim Rome as an option between 11am-2pm in NWA, so I don't have to listen to it on a distant signal from Springfield, Tulsa, or Fort Smith.  

If AM 1390 can simulcast the local programming with AM 1190, can 1390 moves its transmitter from Bentonville to Springdale or Fayetteville to improve upon the 1190 signal in Washington County?  I know you have to jump through a lot of red tape from the FCC to move a transmitter, but that could really help improve the signal in Fayetteville.  

blah blah blah blah blah.   There you go.  There is a Jim Rome show for you.  Now you won't have to listen today. 
Let's make some waves.

SLC

Quote from: SLC on April 30, 2008, 09:18:30 pm
What did happen to Bo's show? 

Hmmmm.  Anyone know this?  Please feel free to PM if you are concerned about posting anything public.