Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the line in the sand

Started by Seminole Indian, September 06, 2017, 07:01:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

for being a "cupcake".

A-State was a 14.5 point  dog to # 16 Miami, and the Razorbacks are a 3 point dog to # 23 TCU, both home games.

I have always thought  a "cupcake" would be a 30+ point dog.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Are you trying to imply that either home team was a "cupcake"?

Lanny

Astate was going to be demolished. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

NuttinItUp

We will never play an in-state rival.

(if that was what you were implying..)

Seminole Indian

So is a 14 1/2 point dog a good line in the sand for being a cupcake.

Simple question.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 06, 2017, 07:06:01 pm
So is a 14 1/2 point dog a good line in the sand for a cupcake.

I like Bliss Cupcakes, but other prefer GiGi's.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 06, 2017, 07:06:01 pm
So is a 14 1/2 point dog a good line in the sand for a cupcake.

Sure, that is a fine line, as long as it is not in-state.

hth..

RME

Seminole Indian

What are you guys talking about in-state, or  I'm implying either The Razorbacks or Red Wolves were cupcakes.

A poster here called A-State a cupcake, and I really got to thinking when is a team a "Cupcake"

I said I would think a 30+ point dog is a "cupcake".

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 06, 2017, 07:13:02 pm
What are you guys talking about in-state, or  I'm implying either The Razorbacks or Red Wolves were cupcakes.

A poster here called A-State a cupcake, and I really got to thinking when is a team a "Cupcake"

I said I would think a 30+ point dog is a "cupcake".

Cupcakes are fine, as long as they are not in-state...

Does that help?

HTH...

jgphillips3

No team from a P5 conference should be viewed as a cupcake.  Cupcakes should be teams from non-P5 conferences or FCS.

Seminole Indian

Also was reading this  article about  Cupcake Week for Florida's college football teams fattens betting lines. So I'm still thinking a 30+ point dog.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/football/article171184532.html

PossumFan

Seminole, A-State will always be a "cupcake" in the eyes of most of the folks on here, no matter what.

longpig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 06, 2017, 07:05:30 pm
We will never play an in-state rival.

(if that was what you were implying..)

We will never have an in-state rival.

fify
Don't be scared, be smart.

NuttinItUp

Seminole Indian

Quote from: PossumFan on September 06, 2017, 07:21:02 pm
Seminole, A-State will always be a "cupcake" in the eyes of most of the folks on here, no matter what.

But I was really just wanting to know when a team is a cupcake.

I would offer that a Cupcake would start around about being a 25 point underdog.  Anytime you are a dog at home, that ain't good.  Many years ago, when gambling on football, the NFL Vegas boys figured the home team had an average of a 3 point advantage.  I think its more than that in college football today what with the spread offenses and the ability to light it up.  In todays game, you can lose a 12 to 15 point lead in a quarter.  I believe the home field advantage might be 6 to 7 points on average. 

longpig

Ask Nebraska if A State is a cupcake.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: longpig on September 06, 2017, 07:24:41 pm
Ask Nebraska if A State is a cupcake.

A-State was a 14 1/2point dog to Nebraska, and a 14 1/2 point dog to Miami, so I would not considered them a cupcake in either, but as I said I have always associated "cupcake" with a 30+ point dog, and really don't know where I came up with that.

I really though "cupcake" meant something specific in betting terminology  but can't find anything.

ricepig

I'm just flabbergasted that someone thought what was said on here had any value beyond the bandwidth used......

Seminole Indian

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Lanny on September 06, 2017, 07:03:22 pm
Astate was going to be demolished.
I though Miami would cover the line before Irma sets her sights on them, and probably not after.