Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shorter

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 28, 2013, 10:46:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TeedupHigh

Sorry we didn't get Shorter, I really wanted him BUT I think Day will be a star and don't forget about D. Evans.  He was a stud in a much bigger division in Texas.  Also this board of experts thinks Korlis will be the next Dmac. Staff will have another RB before signing day

FrostHog89

TeedupHigh

Quote from: FrostHog89 on August 17, 2013, 11:16:19 pm
:puke:

Tuck Fexas

HOGS need Texas, not a fan but they do play big time high school football deep in the heart of.....We  need these kids

HogInFlorida

Quote from: TeedupHigh on August 17, 2013, 11:25:07 pm
HOGS need Texas, not a fan but they do play big time high school football deep in the heart of.....We  need these kids

Tuck Fexas. Not the state. Just the college in Austin. And the one in College Station for good measure.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

SemperFi

Over the past 20 years Arkansas has generated several outstanding college Runningback's:

Charles "Spanky" Gilliam
Madre Hill
Cedric Cobbs
Deangelo Williams
Darren McFadden
Peyton Hillis
Michael Dyer
Dennis Johnson

I feel like I'm leaving off a couple more guys that could be added to this list, but these guys were as good as any Runningback texass has produced during that same period. All from little ol' Arkansas.

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 17, 2013, 06:16:55 pm
Like I said, Choctaw is easily the worst poster on the board. 

Like you said or like you posted?  LOL, as hard as you try you just can't keep from posting something ignorant. 

redeye

Quote from: FlyFisher on August 17, 2013, 11:30:50 pm
Over the past 20 years Arkansas has generated several outstanding college Runningback's:

Charles "Spanky" Gilliam
Madre Hill
Cedric Cobbs
Deangelo Williams
Darren McFadden
Peyton Hillis
Michael Dyer
Dennis Johnson

I feel like I'm leaving off a couple more guys that could be added to this list, but these guys were as good as any Runningback texass has produced during that same period. All from little ol' Arkansas.

Jerry Eckwood
James Rouse

I see that Gary Anderson was born in Columbia, MO, but anyone know where he went to high school?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: redeye on August 18, 2013, 12:23:02 am
Jerry Eckwood
James Rouse

I see that Gary Anderson was born in Columbia, MO, but anyone know where he went to high school?

Ike Forte
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Athog

Quote from: TeedupHigh on August 17, 2013, 11:25:07 pm
[/quote

Amen.

ZERO

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 17, 2013, 11:27:53 pm
Tuck Fexas. Not the state. Just the college in Austin. And the one in College Station for good measure.

For the next few years, screw the one in Lubbock, too.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Darren DeLoach

It speaks volumes that the Alex Collins picks Arkansas thread is half the size of this collection of muck. Being negative does not negate one's fandom, but it is clear several in here overloading valuable bandwith are not fans. Shorter picked the homestate school which happens to be easily one of the prime Universities in this nation. (as much as I hate to admit that). Get over it....geesh.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Oklahawg

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on August 18, 2013, 11:29:34 am
It speaks volumes that the Alex Collins picks Arkansas thread is half the size of this collection of muck. Being negative does not negate one's fandom, but it is clear several in here overloading valuable bandwith are not fans. Shorter picked the homestate school which happens to be easily one of the prime Universities in this nation. (as much as I hate to admit that). Get over it....geesh.

Good post. You don't win them all, and who knows what happens between now and signing day? A dumpster fire under Brown might open things back up.

Celebrate the talent that wants to play for you and let go of the others. There is no evidence of dirty pool or any reason to have hard feelings.

I love Austin (caveat - been a while since I've been there and I've been told its not as hip as it once was) and UT is a fine institution. Nothing wrong with that. Of course, Fayetteville and UA is pretty solid on both counts.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Steef

I'm old school Hog and hating UT is in my DNA.

But by any measure OTHER than they just aren't UA, they are a world class institution. And if they have a lick of sense, they will replace Mack after this season.

Good luck to Kevin, unless by some chance they are playing us.

HogFoo

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 17, 2013, 11:04:09 pm
Yep, we could also go to C. Houston and Cobbs
jonathan adams. Harold harris. Cory nichols.  Heck even that
Dixon kid last year like set a record for tds or something. I believehe would of been a stud
Here under coach B.  So yeah id say its more than 1 every 4 years. Its just like I said arkansas has traditionally always produced RBs, wr, OL, qbs in abundance.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Pork Twain

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on August 18, 2013, 11:29:34 am
Very well said.  Many on Hogville are like the news, they thrive on the negative and minimize the positive.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

JMartin_AF1

Barry Foster (I still remember that run against Miami).

Oklahawg

Quote from: AF1 on August 18, 2013, 02:26:01 pm
Barry Foster (I still remember that run against Miami).

From Texas.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SemperFi

Tenpenny might prove to be a pretty solid back as well, but I really do like what I've seen from Juan Day. This kid shoud be a 4 star right now, but because of AT and Alabama he was overshadowed.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

WorfHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 18, 2013, 11:55:48 am
Good post. You don't win them all, and who knows what happens between now and signing day? A dumpster fire under Brown might open things back up.

Celebrate the talent that wants to play for you and let go of the others. There is no evidence of dirty pool or any reason to have hard feelings.

I love Austin (caveat - been a while since I've been there and I've been told its not as hip as it once was) and UT is a fine institution. Nothing wrong with that. Of course, Fayetteville and UA is pretty solid on both counts.

Exactly, after Mack cashes another year of paychecks with mediocre results I wouldn't be surprised to see a kid flip.  Especially if Beilema can surprise people and finish above 6-6.

Hoggycronopolis

August 18, 2013, 08:43:51 pm #519 Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:25:07 pm by Hoggycronopolis
I swear, this place beats the proverbial dead horse more than anyone ever. Guys, there are actually good things to talk about.... I mean, how about the guys we are getting or the fact that our '15 class is looking really snazzy
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they SMITE you, and then you win"  
-Ghandi

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
-George Carlin

Tusks

if you recruit with the big boys....you're going to lose to the big boys every once in a while.

if you want to go undefeated in recruiting then recruit against the LAtech's and LAmonroe's.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Wildhog

Quote from: FlyFisher on August 18, 2013, 06:32:13 pm
Tenpenny might prove to be a pretty solid back as well, but I really do like what I've seen from Juan Day. This kid shoud be a 4 star right now, but because of AT and Alabama he was overshadowed.

Does he have any other offers?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: redeye on August 18, 2013, 12:23:02 am
Jerry Eckwood
James Rouse

in Missouri.