Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shorter

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 28, 2013, 10:46:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 30, 2013, 07:38:01 pm
I don't like this

I don't either. I think we were in good shape. I don't know now. Arkansas would fit him like a glove. Hopefully he sleeps on it again and goes ahead and commits this weekend.

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on July 30, 2013, 07:46:22 pm
I don't either. I think we were in good shape. I don't know now. Arkansas would fit him like a glove.

It does make you go, hmm. Lamin wasn't going to announce a top 5 one night and committed  to USCe the next day, you never know.

Steef

We've done everything we can. Either he loves us by now, or he doesn't. We got him on our fabulous campus, so he knows how great UA really is.

Hope he's a Hog. If not, Godspeed to him.

Pig in the Pokey

naw, man, it means his plan to announce for A&M is off and he will be a Hog in a couple days!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 30, 2013, 08:07:11 pm
naw, man, it means his plan to announce for A&M is off and he will be a Hog in a couple days!
Hope so, something tells me Texas is the reason he's postponing.

Are your predictions usually right Pig?

ricepig

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 30, 2013, 08:09:15 pm
Hope so, something tells me Texas is the reason he's postponing.

Are your predictions usually right Pig?

Well, I want them to be 100% sure when they commit.

Pig in the Pokey

as right as anyone's i guess. we shall see. i was right alot of times before but i liked gruden so even though nobody had it right, i'm certainly not perfect.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

zane

Look at this article coming out on ESPN about Manziel. His dad saying that Sumlin and the University are just using his son. I think this story should make a recruit think about what is going on in College Station.

Hope Shorter is a Hog!
RIP LSUfan

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 30, 2013, 08:36:04 pm
as right as anyone's i guess. we shall see. i was right alot of times before but i liked gruden so even though nobody had it right, i'm certainly not perfect.
I hear ya. Shorter hasn't let the cat out of the bag as much like JE did last week. As I said, I believe the postponement was due to Texas, but I guess that doesn't mean he'll pick them.

I'm assuming he'd play rb here?

twistitup

Nothing wrong with "time to think"... He just needs to step away, clear his head and make the best decision for his situation.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

JackJohnson

Cautiously optimistic

lumphog

I'm with PiP on this one......We got cuz, HS Buddy's walkin on, aTm is axed, Tuck Fexas.....He'll be a HOG!!

ArmyHog39

Sorry if I missed it, did he elminate TAMU?

I agree with the post about his HS buddy walking on here, sounds like a done deal, I don't think the buddy would walk on without him coming.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 30, 2013, 08:46:22 pm
I hear ya. Shorter hasn't let the cat out of the bag as much like JE did last week. As I said, I believe the postponement was due to Texas, but I guess that doesn't mean he'll pick them.

I'm assuming he'd play rb here?
RB/Slot/KR/PR.  they said they are gonna line him up everywhere and he's like Joe Adams.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ArmyHog39 on July 31, 2013, 10:44:20 am
Sorry if I missed it, did he elminate TAMU?

I agree with the post about his HS buddy walking on here, sounds like a done deal, I don't think the buddy would walk on without him coming.
sure, he could, but even if i hadn't heard what DJ has been saying... I'd think the walk-on FB who just made the trip with him is the real clue, the cat-out-of-the-bag. Also, the late add of UT is a slap at A&M.

DCimport

guess we shouldn't make to much of his twitter profile picture. It's either a hook em horns or he is just a big Dio fan.

MO.Hog

Quote from: DCimport on July 31, 2013, 11:08:46 am
guess we shouldn't make to much of his twitter profile picture. It's either a hook em horns or he is just a big Dio fan.

Remember Reuben Foster.  Got his arm tattooed with Auburn logo only to flip and commit to Alabama.

Break & Run

Quote from: MO.Hog on July 31, 2013, 03:35:20 pm
Remember Reuben Foster.  Got his arm tattooed with Auburn logo only to flip and commit to Alabama.

The same guy who is flashing a couple of Gs around Twitter here recently? LOL. I love seeing AU get beat at their own game.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Uncommon

Quote from: The Mafia on July 31, 2013, 05:02:15 pm
The same guy who is flashing a couple of Gs around Twitter here recently? LOL. I love seeing AU get beat at their own game.
That was Dee Liner not Reuben Foster.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: twistitup on July 30, 2013, 08:48:42 pm
Nothing wrong with "time to think"... He just needs to step away, clear his head and make the best decision for his situation.
+1

I'm a lot more confident when we get a commitment after the recruit has time to reflect.
See Duwop.

" GO HOGS "

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 31, 2013, 05:04:35 pm
That was Dee Liner not Reuben Foster.
Wasn't he also a Auburn commit who flipped to Bama though?

Uncommon

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on July 31, 2013, 05:50:53 pm
Wasn't he also a Auburn commit who flipped to Bama though?
Yes.

whosiskid

The only way we would have more advantages in the Shorter recruiting race would be if he lived in Rogers instead of down in Texas.

We already have a relative whom Shorter describes as being more like a brother than a cousin playing for us and now we have one of his best friends. And Shorter was allegedly a Hog fan before his cousin was; I haven't heard, but might not Shorter have been key in getting his cousin-brother interested in Arkansas? Or at least encouraged him?

I just can't see him going for Texas or A&M. Well, I could see someone going for Texas all things even (Austin is one of my favorite towns in America, while Texas is as good academically as Stanford or Cal and better than Vanderbilt and Duke - though I will confess that when I was deciding on where to go to grad school I turned down Texas mainly because I didn't think I could stand to see all those longhorn jerseys all the time). But things aren't even. The community is in Fayetteville, not elsewhere.

Shorter is going to be a Hog. There are people we are going after that I feel we merely have a shot at, like Solomon Thomas (though I do think we have a very real shot - it would really take a lot for anyone to pull him away from Texas, though) and Pack. But there are others we have huge advantages with. Evans is one of those. Despite the widespread scepticism here about our ability to land him, Josh Frazier is one of those (I swear, no place in America thinks Frazier likely to go elsewhere except for HV posters). Although he is being cool, it would take a lot more than is happening right now to lose him to another place. Meanwhile, every time recruits who know Frazier see him and visit with him on visits to Fayetteville, he isn't just spending time with them, they are helping to recruit him to Arkansas. Folks, Frazier is going to play at Arkansas, forming a DT tackle rotation with Jackson and Evans. And if we lose Shorter we will have botched the unbotchable.

Chalk it up: Shorter, Evans, and Frazier will all be Hogs.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Pig in the Pokey

"Chalk it up: Shorter, Evans, and Frazier will all be Hogs."

Yup! I TOTALLY agree, and I expect to land either Soloman Thomas or Malachi Dupree as well. MAYBE both.

Steef

That would be a great recruiting class. Along with all the fine new Hogs that are currently committed, it's the nucleus of a future super star team.

Now we need a truckload of linebackers.

Razorhawg09

I'll wager Malachi dupre never sets foot on campus. Evans is also a longshot.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: whosiskid on July 31, 2013, 08:54:14 pm
The only way we would have more advantages in the Shorter recruiting race would be if he lived in Rogers instead of down in Texas.

We already have a relative whom Shorter describes as being more like a brother than a cousin playing for us and now we have one of his best friends. And Shorter was allegedly a Hog fan before his cousin was; I haven't heard, but might not Shorter have been key in getting his cousin-brother interested in Arkansas? Or at least encouraged him?

I just can't see him going for Texas or A&M. Well, I could see someone going for Texas all things even (Austin is one of my favorite towns in America, while Texas is as good academically as Stanford or Cal and better than Vanderbilt and Duke - though I will confess that when I was deciding on where to go to grad school I turned down Texas mainly because I didn't think I could stand to see all those longhorn jerseys all the time). But things aren't even. The community is in Fayetteville, not elsewhere.

Shorter is going to be a Hog. There are people we are going after that I feel we merely have a shot at, like Solomon Thomas (though I do think we have a very real shot - it would really take a lot for anyone to pull him away from Texas, though) and Pack. But there are others we have huge advantages with. Evans is one of those. Despite the widespread scepticism here about our ability to land him, Josh Frazier is one of those (I swear, no place in America thinks Frazier likely to go elsewhere except for HV posters). Although he is being cool, it would take a lot more than is happening right now to lose him to another place. Meanwhile, every time recruits who know Frazier see him and visit with him on visits to Fayetteville, he isn't just spending time with them, they are helping to recruit him to Arkansas. Folks, Frazier is going to play at Arkansas, forming a DT tackle rotation with Jackson and Evans. And if we lose Shorter we will have botched the unbotchable.

Chalk it up: Shorter, Evans, and Frazier will all be Hogs.

Well I know you've been posting on here for a while with recruiting seeming to be a big interest so I took a look back at around this time last year at some of your posts in the hope that I would see you nailing some signing prognostications for the 2013 class seven or eight months out.  Wouldn't have taken the time to do that if I didn't have some respect for your posts.

Maybe last year was an off year for you.  At this time last year you weren't giving much hope of us getting Tenpenny, so good one there.

But outside of that:
Torii Hunter: "not a lock, but very optimistic"
Ryan Timmons and Torii Hunter: "I'm pretty sure both will commit after their visits"
Devon Allen:  "I think we are going to add more extremely talented wide receivers"
Zach Hannon: "Extremely likely that he will commit to Arkansas"

Those are the recruits you were talking about around this time last year.  I couldn't find a single one in that time frame that you said we would get that we actually did get.  These are the ones you were talking about and of course we didn't get any of them.

I'll point out that you weren't as sure about any of them as you are in your post above, so maybe that is the difference, but it looks like you're just guessing off what you read on twitter and other sources just like the rest of us.

Only you're not as good of a guesser as some of us.

Hope your luck improves this year.  CBB and staff will probably help in that area since you tend to be more optimistic.

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on July 31, 2013, 09:45:37 pm
I'll take that bet!!!

hogwild210

Word is that Thomas is favoring Stanford, not Texas. Or am I thinking of someone else?
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Music City Hog

Malachi will never step foot on campus as a recruit, but I think Evans will.

Trm123

Quote from: DCimport on July 31, 2013, 11:08:46 am

That picture is from this weekend outside of the Quads, so I wouldn't look into the hook em that much

tusksincolorado

Quote from: zane on July 30, 2013, 08:46:11 pm
Look at this article coming out on ESPN about Manziel. His dad saying that Sumlin and the University are just using his son. I think this story should make a recruit think about what is going on in College Station.

Hope Shorter is a Hog!

Gawd....I HATE Texas Redneck Rich!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

razorhog31

i find that when i am trying to pass the time in the off season i am much more optimistic than maybe i should be.  That being said i feel most comfortable about Shorter and Fraiser to become Hogs in the future.  All signs for Shorter point to us and i have not heard any news on Fraiser to point to any other leaders. 
All that being said it sure would be nice to get Thomas, Evan, Peyton, and Dupre.  There are a lot of family connections that could help us along with three of these players.  Once again just being an optimist, but man sure would make the future pretty bright

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razorhog31 on July 31, 2013, 11:20:25 pm
i find that when i am trying to pass the time in the off season i am much more optimistic than maybe i should be.  That being said i feel most comfortable about Shorter and Fraiser to become Hogs in the future.  All signs for Shorter point to us and i have not heard any news on Fraiser to point to any other leaders. 
All that being said it sure would be nice to get Thomas, Evan, Peyton, and Dupre.  There are a lot of family connections that could help us along with three of these players.  Once again just being an optimist, but man sure would make the future pretty bright
good post

razorhog31

Seebs

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 31, 2013, 09:53:28 pm

Well I know you've been posting on here for a while with recruiting seeming to be a big interest so I took a look back at around this time last year at some of your posts in the hope that I would see you nailing some signing prognostications for the 2013 class seven or eight months out.  Wouldn't have taken the time to do that if I didn't have some respect for your posts.

Maybe last year was an off year for you.  At this time last year you weren't giving much hope of us getting Tenpenny, so good one there.

But outside of that:
Ryan Timmons and Torii Hunter: "I'm pretty sure both will commit after their visits"
Devon Allen:  "I think we are going to add more extremely talented wide receivers"

Those are the recruits you were talking about around this time last year.  I couldn't find a single one in that time frame that you said we would get that we actually did get.  These are the ones you were talking about and of course we didn't get any of them.

I'll point out that you weren't as sure about any of them as you are in your post above, so maybe that is the difference, but it looks like you're just guessing off what you read on twitter and other sources just like the rest of us.

Hope your luck improves this year.  CBB and staff will probably help in that area since you tend to be more optimistic.

Get out of my thoughts. You are like a football Yoda.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Steef

But outside of that:

Something really creepy about digging through a year's worth of another person's posts, just so you can "prove them wrong".

Additionally, recruiting is a sport that revolves around guessing what a 17 year old boy will do with all the choices he has. Even Richard gets it wrong occasionally. And until signing day, all the threads in here are just fans passing time.

Right or wrong, "who" posts intelligently and civilly. You...OTOH...are routinely finding fault with others. Yuck.

MRPRFCT

But outside of that:

He does seem to try to come across as a scout and expert when it comes to recruiting when really he's just reading twitter and watching highlight videos and not going to any games.

ARtillahog

Quote from: MRPRFCT on August 01, 2013, 05:49:12 am
He does seem to try to come across as a scout and expert when it comes to recruiting when really he's just reading twitter and watching highlight videos and not going to any games.

Like all of the coaches and scouting agencies go to games of all the kids they rate.

Also, the Hogs have recently shown interest in Marrero (LA) John Ehret 4* RB Darrel Williams (6'1" 200).

MRPRFCT

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 01, 2013, 06:03:43 am
Like all of the coaches and scouting agencies go to games of all the kids they rate.

Also, the Hogs have recently shown interest in Marrero (LA) John Ehret 4* RB Darrel Williams (6'1" 200).

If the coaches don't then they need to. or at least get several game tapes and not just highlight tapes.

3BoarsDown

I hear Shorter's high school coach is really pushing Texass.

A&M is likely out.

CDBHawg

But outside of that:

I'm pretty sure last year was an "off" year for all of us. Had the debacle(s) not had happened, I think it'd be safe to say that Hannon, Hunter, and Timmons would all be hogs.

CDBHawg

Quote from: MRPRFCT on August 01, 2013, 05:49:12 am

Nothing wrong with Who's info. he brings to the board.

Redhogs

I think you are HDN's secret brother in the closet...all the optimism in ALL your posts and such.You can't possibly be a Hog fan...but, by all means, carry on. You serve as  a shining example of what most of us never want to see the program go back to.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Scott7703

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on August 01, 2013, 08:17:02 am
I hear Shorter's high school coach is really pushing Texass.

A&M is likely out.

He is probably looking for a job. Isnt that the way that usually works out?

MRPRFCT

Quote from: CDBHawg on August 01, 2013, 08:52:33 am
Nothing wrong with Who's info. he brings to the board.

Didn't say it was, just the presentation.

The real Hogules

It appears as if KS goes with his heart, he'll be a Hog and if he's one of those athletes that allows his HS coach to influence his ultimate decision, then he's Austin bound.
I have a feeling that KS's family, friends and his fondness for our coaching staff and our university will win out over a HS coach pimping UT.

He'll be a Razorback, IMHO.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

MissippHog

But outside of that:

In all fairness, several of those players were really high on us and had things not gone the way they did they would most likely be playing for us today.

Look, none of us really know what's going to happen.  We're all reading the same twitter / facebook messages as everyone else.  Like you said, some just guess better than others.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The real Hogules on August 01, 2013, 10:40:53 am
It appears as if KS goes with his heart, he'll be a Hog and if he's one of those athletes that allows his HS coach to influence his ultimate decision, then he's Austin bound.
I have a feeling that KS's family, friends and his fondness for our coaching staff and our university will win out over a HS coach pimping UT.

He'll be a Razorback, IMHO.

I don't know much about his family and friends.  So they're fans of UA over TX?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Nipsey Mussle

I'm glad Pygmalion looked it up. Stop making excuses for someone totally whiffing on last year's recruiting. I'm pretty sure he was aware Johnelle was our coach last year and still made those predictions for recruiting.

I'm not saying he's a bad poster at all. He's a gunslinger qb who has thrown about 5 times as many int's as td's. I'm with pyg and mrprfct, that's a good thing to know when it comes to credibility with posters.