Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Gus announces he is going to be at Arkansas

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, October 21, 2005, 11:34:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

Will Williams and Cleveland come with him?  Williams could have as large of an impact as Mustain.   With Monk, Williams, Jones, McFadden and Hillis and a couple of more top notch recivers we could be dangerous.  We are going to need more than two recievers in the pattern. 

corndo

I think there is a real possibility that Williams could be a Hog, not sure about Cleveland on the other hand.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

lumphog

I hear he`s had a meeting with a Wal-Mart exec. ;D

DOGALUM

Williams got sick tonight.........was in street clothes in the second half. 

Came close to blowing chunks after his 2nd td catch.

***sidenote***  After the Springdale game, Mitch was doing some interviews on the field, and a little girl got him to sign a football.  The little girls younger sister then approched Mitch for the same thing.  A reporter, don't know  who it was, stepped in front of the 2nd girl and said something like "that's enough".
Mitch said "Just a second while I sign that little girl's ball."  But the reporter didn't even hesitate and started shooting questions.  The older sister then went with the younger sister, and interupted the reporter saying something like.."can you sign my sister's ball too?"  The reporter tried to ignore the girl, but Mitch told the guy to be quiet for a second, then said to the reporter "let me see your pen".  He signed the girl's ball, handed the pen back to the reporter, and said..."OK....that wasn't so bad ...was it!?"   

Not ground breaking news.....but I thought I'd bring a side of MM to everyone's attention that most people don't get to see.  Very classy.  Well done young man!!!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

razorback4life

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 22, 2005, 12:13:45 am

***sidenote*** After the Springdale game, Mitch was doing some interviews on the field, and a little girl got him to sign a football. The little girls younger sister then approched Mitch for the same thing. A reporter, don't know who it was, stepped in front of the 2nd girl and said something like "that's enough".
Mitch said "Just a second while I sign that little girl's ball." But the reporter didn't even hesitate and started shooting questions. The older sister then went with the younger sister, and interupted the reporter saying something like.."can you sign my sister's ball too?" The reporter tried to ignore the girl, but Mitch told the guy to be quiet for a second, then said to the reporter "let me see your pen". He signed the girl's ball, handed the pen back to the reporter, and said..."OK....that wasn't so bad ...was it!?"

Not ground breaking news.....but I thought I'd bring a side of MM to everyone's attention that most people don't get to see. Very classy. Well done young man!!!

Well done Mitch, well done!

mikeirwin

The reporter was probably on a deadline but it sounds like he got a little too uptight.

razorback4life

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 22, 2005, 12:20:31 am
The reporter was probably on a deadline but it sounds like he got a little too uptight.

Mike, you weren't at the game were you?  ;D

DOGALUM

You're probably right......about the deadline and being too uptight. 
Mike....do you get to talk much with the Springdale players at the games?  It's a pleasure talking with them.  They are the most humble, respectful, and well manner'd bunch of kids I've ever seen.  Yes sir...No sir...Thank you sir.  That's got alot to do with these kids, but just as much to do with their families and the coaching staff.

GrizzledHogFan

IF Gus comes to Arkansas, the only way I can see Williams changing his mind about coming would be for him to be assured that Gus will be installing his offense and calling the plays, and not Nutt.  I don't see Cleveland changing his mind at all.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

DOGALUM

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 22, 2005, 12:37:03 am
IF Gus comes to Arkansas, the only way I can see Williams changing his mind about coming would be for him to be assured that Gus will be installing his offense and calling the plays, and not Nutt. I don't see Cleveland changing his mind at all.
Agreed

Reaganite

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 22, 2005, 12:13:45 am

***sidenote*** After the Springdale game, Mitch was doing some interviews on the field, and a little girl got him to sign a football. The little girls younger sister then approched Mitch for the same thing. A reporter, don't know who it was, stepped in front of the 2nd girl and said something like "that's enough".
Mitch said "Just a second while I sign that little girl's ball." But the reporter didn't even hesitate and started shooting questions. The older sister then went with the younger sister, and interupted the reporter saying something like.."can you sign my sister's ball too?" The reporter tried to ignore the girl, but Mitch told the guy to be quiet for a second, then said to the reporter "let me see your pen". He signed the girl's ball, handed the pen back to the reporter, and said..."OK....that wasn't so bad ...was it!?"

Not ground breaking news.....but I thought I'd bring a side of MM to everyone's attention that most people don't get to see. Very classy. Well done young man!!!

I like him already... when he's done at Arkansas and the NFL... he can come back and fill dual roles as QB coach and SID!

mikeirwin

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 22, 2005, 12:25:33 am
You're probably right......about the deadline and being too uptight.
Mike....do you get to talk much with the Springdale players at the games? It's a pleasure talking with them. They are the most humble, respectful, and well manner'd bunch of kids I've ever seen. Yes sir...No sir...Thank you sir. That's got alot to do with these kids, but just as much to do with their families and the coaching staff.
Nope. I'm gone by halftime. Too much to do back at the TV station to get all the highlights on the air.

hamsam

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 21, 2005, 11:34:14 pm
Will Williams and Cleveland come with him? Williams could have as large of an impact as Mustain. With Monk, Williams, Jones, McFadden and Hillis and a couple of more top notch recivers we could be dangerous. We are going to need more than two recievers in the pattern.
Let's all hope so!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008