Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keith Easterwood accuess Hogs of cheating over the airwaves???

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, October 21, 2005, 01:08:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

October 21, 2005, 01:08:44 pm Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 01:40:07 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Kieth Easterwood has made some serious accusations over the radio airwaves about Arkansas cheating to get Thaddues Young and he may be still on their posting on their board -  http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision/index.php?s=8275996785432598d8e0e5a2ba556bb8&act=ST&f=45&t=36390&st=0   

ITS ONE HELLUVA READ!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hoggystyle78

That guys sounds like a dumb ahole to me,I don't believe that the U of A would pay for any players and if they will pay for Thad do you think maybe we could buy us a winning football team?, of course Nutt would still f it up even with bought players. FIRE HDN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirty stanchez

Funny that Memphis fans are talking about cheating...

Mon Calamari runs a real clean program.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Theolesnort

Ask some Ark insiders about Keith Lee, Paris London, Penny Hardaway etc etc------ the nerve of them
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hognelson

The tiggers are really fired up over there right now.  I really want Thad to be a Hog.  Why would that AAU coach say those things publicly unless HE believes there is some kind of wrongdoing.  Is he just an idiot?  I am so fed up with this whole thing and we still got till Monday to find out where he's going.   Let's just get it over with.  Oh, and Memphis fans, you can  :-* our Hog arses.

mikeirwin

I am attempting to contact our sister TV station in Memphis to see if there is more to this than just some kook on the radio.

The_Bionic_Pig

The Athletic Director for Mitchell High School.  So I would be more inclined to believe him than a biased Memphis AAU coach who claims to have insider news.  :puke:
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hognelson

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 21, 2005, 02:28:04 pm
I am attempting to contact our sister TV station in Memphis to see if there is more to this than just some kook on the radio.

Thanks Mike for checking into that.  The Memphis fans are a little one sided right now, as expected I guess.

WILL CLINTON

So, the tiggers get pushed to the back of the line for his services and they start crying "they're cheating"?
That should hold as much water as Calipari saying that the rest of the schools in this area are "jealous of our success".  What a freakin joke.  Tell them to quit their whining.  By the way, has Arkansas ever lost to Memphis in Basketball or Football?  No, really, I am asking a serious question?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Since 1894

I was speaking with a business client this week and he mentioned this rumor.  Apparently, it is getting a lot of air time in Memphis.  I think they are just trying to scare him away from the Hill.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Lanny

Arkansas has lost to Memphis in football and basketball.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

The_Bionic_Pig

I am sure everyone remembers the famous incident of JJ Sullinger:

Memphis assistant reprimanded

The University of Memphis will give assistant basketball coach Tony Barbee a letter of reprimand for an incident during a game with Arkansas, officials said.

Barbee also will be required to write apologies to Arkansas Coach Nolan Richardson and to player J.J. Sullinger, Athletic Director R.C. Johnson said.

"After reviewing the tape, I feel that this disciplinary action is warranted, and I now consider this matter closed," Johnson said.

Sullinger fell into the Tigers' bench and into Barbee during the second half Wednesday night in a game at The Pyramid. Barbee apparently pushed Sullinger away. It was replayed several times during the telecast of the game, which Arkansas won 90-73.

A release from the University of Memphis said that Barbee talked with Sullinger, Arkansas assistant coach Mike Anderson and Richardson after the game to offer an explanation. Barbee met yesterday morning with Johnson and Memphis Coach John Calipari.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogmary

Someone ought to forward the link to the Tyson and Wal-Mart corporate offices.  I think Mr. Easterwood will be getting an attorney when they find out about it.

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogmary on October 21, 2005, 03:02:49 pm
Someone ought to forward the link to the Tyson and Wal-Mart corporate offices. I think Mr. Easterwood will be getting an attorney when they find out about it.

I wouldn't go that far. Those folks are stuck with the terrible fate of being Memphis fans. That's enough punishment for anyone.

junkyardhog

Would someone please explain this situation? Yesterday is the first time I've ever heard of Thad.  Can someone summarize for an idiot like me?

The_Bionic_Pig

October 21, 2005, 03:20:33 pm #18 Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 03:24:42 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: junkyardhog on October 21, 2005, 03:12:20 pm
Would someone please explain this situation? Yesterday is the first time I've ever heard of Thad. Can someone summarize for an idiot like me?

Thaddeus Young is considered the #3 High School Player in the Nation at the current moment and if not for David Stern's age limit rule, a certain to jump straight from H.S. to the NBA in this yrs draft.  He is currently considering 3 programs Georgia Tech, Arkansas & Kentucky w/ Arkansas being thought to be the leader. Mr. Young is set to announce his decision this Monday Morning 10:00 @ Mitchell High School in Memphis, TN. 

What has sparked this into something more is Keith Easterwood a prominent figure in Memphis AAU basketball has ac-cussed Tyson/Walmart boosters of actively paying Thad's Dad to secure his son's services. 

This comes not more than a week after this very same accuser assures the Memphis media/fans that Thaddeus Young is a Memphis Tiger lock!!!  To the Memphis fans these accusation carry some valid weight but to most others it is looked upon as sour grapes. 

Hopes this helps JYD.  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

junkyardhog

Thank you.

If this is true, sounds like Thad needs to go to the NBA immediately.

If not, sounds like another freaking investigation thus steering him towards UK. Am I right?

hognelson

I am sure this is probably on here somewhere, but is Easterwood the coach of the Memphis Pump N Run? or whatever they are called? ???

The_Bionic_Pig

October 21, 2005, 03:30:37 pm #21 Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 03:32:59 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: hognelson on October 21, 2005, 03:23:16 pm
I am sure this is probably on here somewhere, but is Easterwood the coach of the Memphis Pump N Run? or whatever they are called? ???

Nope..... Thad's AAU coach is Felton Young aka DADDY!!!  ;D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hognelson

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on October 21, 2005, 03:30:37 pm
Quote from: hognelson on October 21, 2005, 03:23:16 pm

That's right, my bad.
Nope Thad's AAU coach is Felton Young aka DADDY!!!

dotnet

So with all of this being made public and put out in the open it raises a few questions. 

1) Will this bring an NCAA investigation to see what really, if anything, went on?

2) How does this affect Thad's decision?  Is he less likely to come here knowing that there is all this talk around his decision?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote1) Will this bring an NCAA investigation to see what really, if anything, went on?

I doubt seriously that Mr. Easterwood wants the attention of the coorperate offices of $$$ Walmart & Tyson Foods Lawyers but he may have already gotten it.

Quote2) How does this affect Thad's decision?  Is he less likely to come here knowing that there is all this talk around his decision?

Naah dotnet,  I think that Arkansas still leads Kentucky with Georgia Tech on the outside looking in.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hoggystyle78

I know for sure it better not be true!, The NCAA will really rape us but good, I'm not sure how long we have to keep our noses clean from the last investigation but I'm sure it hasn't been long enough. Hopefully there's nothing to the story. And one other thing Calipari is a big ole puss who is afraid to play the Hogs in basketball, i mean what kinda darn was that he came out with a few years back "we want to nationally recognized programs", I say bull!, how much more recognized can you get, the #8 all-time bb program! Calipari is a whiny ass baby and Mr. Easterwood better watch his ass because Wal_mart's lawyers will tear his up. Frick the Memphis Tiggers! They just pissed because we're gonna take Thad right from under their noses!

cityhog

Quote from: dubyacee on October 21, 2005, 02:36:58 pm
So, the tiggers get pushed to the back of the line for his services and they start crying "they're cheating"?
That should hold as much water as Calipari saying that the rest of the schools in this area are "jealous of our success". What a freakin joke. Tell them to quit their whining. By the way, has Arkansas ever lost to Memphis in Basketball or Football? No, really, I am asking a serious question?

Please tell me you are joking.  Memphis crushed our hopes in basketball a few times.  Stopped a run to the Final Four w/ Day/Miller/Mayberry in the early 90's.

The_Bionic_Pig

Please tell me you are joking. Memphis crushed our hopes in basketball a few times. Stopped a run to the Final Four w/ Day/Miller/Mayberry in the early 90's.

Umm they only defeated us once in tourney play -

1990 - Arkansas lost to Duke in the National Semifinals
1991 - Arkansas lost to Kansas in the East Regional finals
1992 - Arkansas lost to Memphis in the second round 82-80
1993 - Arkansas lost to eventual National Champion North Caroline in Regional Semi
1994 - National Champions
1995 - Runner Up
1996 - Loss to UMASS in semi's
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

cityhog

my bad.... just remember them being a real thorn in the side for us during those years.  Did we lose to them during th regular season?  Is that what I'm thinking of?

HOGCATCH

Those crack head's in Memphis actually believe Wal Mart and Tyson supply $ to buy players for the U of A! If that were so, why do we suck so badly in football?
Winning is a way of life!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: cityhog on October 21, 2005, 04:30:21 pm
my bad.... just remember them being a real thorn in the side for us during those years. Did we lose to them during th regular season? Is that what I'm thinking of?

I do recall it being about a even-contest .500 during regular season games, especially with half of our starting lineup from the Bluff City.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HOGCATCH on October 21, 2005, 04:31:00 pm
Those crack head's in Memphis actually believe Wal Mart and Tyson supply $ to buy players for the U of A! If that were so, why do we suck so badly in football?

University of Federal Express anyone ??? (Memphis)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

It embarrasses him that a hometown kid who played for him might go out of state, just as Ron Huery, Todd Day, Corey Beck and Dwight Stewart left to help turn around the Arkansas program.  They almost lost Penny Hardaway too, and that is where the worm turned on Arkansas' Memphis connection.  That and some staff turnover.

Easterwood has been a coach of a Memphis AAU team while at the same time acting as a radio journalist and recruiting reporter for his now-defunct MidSouth-Hoops.com.  Kind of a conflict of interest.

Easterwood fancies himself the high school hoop gooroo in Tennessee, and he has wormed his way high enough to being on the McDonald's All-America selection committee.  Easterwood is a tremendous blowhard who can be a raging hypemeister or a character assassin, with equally vacant knowledge of the target subject matter.

He has been on Memphis talk radio on and off for many years.  Whenever I have been in Memphis, I've heard this joke on the radio taking cheap shots at Arkansas.  Easterwood has gone too far this time, though, making up a cockamamie "Waltons bought Thaddeus Young" story.  He is obviously acting as a pro-Memphis U agent, and he is making deliberately false statements in an attempt to harm the U of Arkansas in its attempt to recruit a local player.  This stuff ought to be legally actionable, if Easterwood mattered more than half a turd.  Which he doesn't.

What a self-aggrandising, 90 IQ blowhard.  I wish our Memphis mafia would kneecap him, but then again, that would elevate Easterwood to a level of significance he does not deserve.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

junkyardhog

You know what's bad? Fed EX wanted to come to Little Rock. :(

Hog1751

Torqued pork

Considering how big pro wrestling is in Memphis and how the National Enquirer is considered a legit news source there, I'm not surprised Mr. Easterwood is being glorified for being an total idiot on the UM message board.

jblack19

Sounds like they are just whining because they might have lost him to Ark. Hopefully he will sign with us. :razorback:

chiefsfan

are we talking about the same Memphis that got Deangelo Williams by offering his G/F a full scholly????

and they are acusing us of bending the rules...   (Remember its not cheating unless you get caught)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Rudy on October 21, 2005, 05:20:00 pm
Quote from: junkyardhog on October 21, 2005, 05:07:28 pm

WRONG...FedEx STARTED in Little Rock and wanted to stay...but the city of Little Rock would not give them over 1000 yards of runway for their jets - which we now have. Fred Smith pleaded to the city board and they laughed at him. People like current mayor, Jim Dailey!!! While I was a freshman in college in Memphis, TN, some of my frat brothers were making as much as $17.00 an hour working the graveyarfd shift...in 1982/1983. Economy boost???

You are ...............

Hog Bounty Hunter

If the Hogs have been cheating they've been doing a piss poor job.

chiefsfan

Dang I would register on that board and refute some of this.  But I Imagine calling the Savior of Memphis Recruiting an idiot would prolly get me banned...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

corndo

Memphis fans calling someone else dirty??? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. The posts are hilarious on their site. They make it sound as if Memphis is

some basketball power or something. I guess someone forgot to tell them that they are an average team in a crappy conference that no one cares about. It's

good to go over there if you are in need of a good laugh though.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: corndo on October 21, 2005, 11:21:45 pm
Memphis fans calling someone else dirty??? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. The posts are hilarious on their site. They make it sound as if Memphis is

some basketball power or something. I guess someone forgot to tell them that they are an average team in a crappy conference that no one cares about. It's

good to go over there if you are in need of a good laugh though.

That would be like Logan Young saying someone was trying to buy a player.

razorprep

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on October 21, 2005, 11:03:33 pm

WRONG...FedEx STARTED in Little Rock and wanted to stay...but the city of Little Rock would not give them over 1000 yards of runway for their jets - which we now have. Fred Smith pleaded to the city board and they laughed at him. People like current mayor, Jim Dailey!!! While I was a freshman in college in Memphis, TN, some of my frat brothers were making as much as $17.00 an hour working the graveyarfd shift...in 1982/1983. Economy boost???

You are ...............
yeah, but LR got LOWE'S, I mean BASS PRO, or the ARENA, keeping the TRAVS....  wait... did we even get an outdated submarine?

sage_dragoon

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on October 21, 2005, 11:03:33 pm

You are ...............

Thats HoopHog...changed his name.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

silvertip

One thing for sure---Memphis is such a cesspool of corruption when it comes to recruiting that several big-time football powers decided not to recruit there anymore. Memphis is notorious for high school coaches & AAU creeps like Easterwood trying to "sell" their big recruits to someone like Logan Young.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Easterwood hasn't already taken money to deliver Thad & now he's panicked because his merchandise is skipping town.