Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something Arkansas will never do

Started by HogInMemphis, October 21, 2005, 12:50:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInMemphis

Auburn has won 13 consecutive SEC games, including last year's conference title tilt.  The bigger the game, the better Tommy Tuberville's team seems to play.  Last year, they were a perfect 4-0 versus teams ranked in the Top 10.

So glad the "committee" took Nutt instead of Tuberville.

ReturnToDynasty?

anyone can criticize when we're down.

JDHogg

Can we transfer Nutt to Ok State, again?
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

hoggystyle78

Hog Bounty Hunter

hoggystyle78

Man Bounty, how long is that almost 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good God, now I am sick to my stomach!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on October 21, 2005, 12:55:08 pm

Anyone can ass kiss/jump on the bandwagon when we're up.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on October 21, 2005, 12:55:08 pm

Going back thru the 2000 season (the last 5 1/2 years), Arkansas' record in SEC games is 19-24 (44.2%).  That winning percentage is only better than Mississippi State (20.5%), Kentucky (14.3%), and Vanderbilt (11.4%) and puts us in 9th place for this decade behind South Carolina, Ole Miss, Bama and the rest of the "real" football programs in the SEC.  In that same time period, only Kentucky, Vandy, and our Hogs have failed to finish in the Top 25 at least once, and we've now managed to lose to both of those teams in our HOME stadium.  I think it is now safe to say that "we're down".

JJHog

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 21, 2005, 12:50:55 pm
Auburn has won 13 consecutive SEC games, including last year's conference title tilt.  The bigger the game, the better Tommy Tuberville's team seems to play.  Last year, they were a perfect 4-0 versus teams ranked in the Top 10.

Not long ago, HDN owned Tubby
" Think Right, Do Right"

LSUFan

That Schit will come to an end Saturday Night in Death Valley. If Jamarsuck Russell can quit *** plays up.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: JJHog on October 21, 2005, 01:51:29 pm
Auburn has won 13 consecutive SEC games, including last year's conference title tilt. The bigger the game, the better Tommy Tuberville's team seems to play. Last year, they were a perfect 4-0 versus teams ranked in the Top 10.

It's amazing what losing 3 in a row will do to you.  HDN went from "owning" Tubby to being his "bitch". 

HogInMemphis

Quote from: JJHog on October 21, 2005, 01:51:29 pm

And look where it got both HDN and Tubby. Besides, not long ago, Bush's approval rating was over 70%...now it's below 40%.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: LSUFan on October 21, 2005, 01:55:53 pm

That Schit will come to an end Saturday Night in Death Valley. If Jamarsuck Russell can quit *** plays up.

I think Auburn will beat LSU.

LSUFan

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 21, 2005, 01:58:15 pm

yeah, I think so too. Not ;D

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: LSUFan on October 21, 2005, 02:00:42 pm

Sorry LSUFan, but I think we both know that LSU might have hired the next HDN in this league.  LSU will coast this year (and might even beat Auburn at home) on Saban's talent alone, but will slowly decline under Miles. 

LSUFan

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on October 21, 2005, 02:08:16 pm
Auburn has won 13 consecutive SEC games, including last year's conference title tilt. The bigger the game, the better Tommy Tuberville's team seems to play. Last year, they were a perfect 4-0 versus teams ranked in the Top 10.

Sorry LSUFan, but I think we both know that LSU might have hired the next HDN in this league. LSU will coast this year (and might even beat Auburn at home) on Saban's talent alone, but will slowly decline under Miles.

yep, I am just thankful I was alive to see them win a NC, hopefully my kids will be.

lumphog

Quote from: LSUFan on October 21, 2005, 02:10:32 pm

Sorry LSUFan, but I think we both know that LSU might have hired the next HDN in this league. LSU will coast this year (and might even beat Auburn at home) on Saban's talent alone, but will slowly decline under Miles.

yep, I am just thankful I was alive to see them win a NC, hopefully my kids will be.
Miles won`t be the ONE.

JDHogg

Quote from: LSUFan on October 21, 2005, 02:10:32 pm

I think LSU has a better D than Arkansas.  Big shock.  LSU destroys Auburn in Death Valley.  And even if Miles is the next HDN, LSU won't have him there 2 years, much less 8.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

LSUFan

Quote from: lumphog on October 21, 2005, 02:36:01 pm
Miles won`t be the ONE.

I suspect, in a few years, the LSU motto will be,

"No Team puts LESS Miles on a football, than a Les Miles' Team"

Oh well, it is still a few years off.

CorningHog

Good one LSUfan.  I think LSU will manhandle Auburn.  Yes, they may get a few plays but this will be at least a two touchdown win for LSU.  Don't fret about Les Miles, although the "Less Miles" bit was funny.

I think he did pretty good to fight thru in the Big 12 and win a few games against Oklahoma.

He is just not used to all the talent and big "nasties" on defense.  But you can bet your defense will be good again and if he did well with assistant coaches, you will still be very good on offense.

The Tennessee game was more about the players from LSU getting the "big head" and momentum changing with turnovers.  The coaches can't play the games too.  LSU will win and win big on Saturday.  Mark it down.  Les Miles can coach, plus he has a nasty little mean streak that the fans will like, he wants to win badly.  Fiery competitor just like Saban was.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

LSUFan

Quote from: JDHogg on October 21, 2005, 02:38:54 pm

I think LSU has a better D than Arkansas. Big shock. LSU destroys Auburn in Death Valley. And even if Miles is the next HDN, LSU won't have him there 2 years, much less 8.

The drunk coonasses would have already taken matters into their own hands if HDN was at LSU.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: LSUFan on October 22, 2005, 08:34:48 am
Quote from: JDHogg on October 21, 2005, 02:38:54 pm

I think LSU has a better D than Arkansas. Big shock. LSU destroys Auburn in Death Valley. And even if Miles is the next HDN, LSU won't have him there 2 years, much less 8.

The drunk coonasses would have already taken matters into their own hands if HDN was at LSU.

And one has to admire LSU fans for that. They recognize mediocrity when they see it and don't accept it. Not only do Hog fans accept it, they actually embrace it until it's painfully clear that it is in fact pure mediocrity. Danny Ford stayed here 5 seasons and Nutt is in his 8th. That's 13 years of mediocrity and as for Nutt, it was obvious in his 2nd season and for sure his 3rd - 2000 when we lost at Knoxville 63-20. Yet, the powers that be and the monied fans have kept Nutt for 8 years. Incredible.
ve