Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if we lose to South Carolina and Spurrier in Fayetteville?

Started by CorningHog, October 21, 2005, 12:05:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

We lose at home to South Carolina and Miss St.  Or just one of them, say SC in Fayetteville?

This could happen and if or when it does, do the people who keep defending Nutt and his abilities finally see the need to change head coaches.

Has it gotten to the point that we "believe" that Frank has gone out and talked to any of the top coaches around that may have an interest in coaching the Razorbacks?  It is so easy to believe that Butch Davis has privately said "no thanks" to the Arkansas job.  I think it is more a case of him not wishing to say "hire me" while Nutt is coaching during this season.  I would bet that right now the real issue is trying to at least had "hope" for the rest of this season.  A good coach or AD does not ever throw in the towel.  I don't think Nutt is either.  The main thing is that for the image and building of the program next year with recruits and committments is how the Razorbacks are perceived after this season.  Right now, I think our offense shows little hope in the passing game and the routes being run are partly to blame.  Coaching and the coaches can't catch the ball, they can't make the passes, but they can sure put the guys out there that can.

It will be very interesting to watch this play out after the South Carolina game.  At 2-6 it may become the "circus" that we all have expected.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

dirty stanchez

Let's see, that will be three homecoming losses in a row.

Anymore, I think that the desire for Nutt to be fired isn't predicated on Davis being hired.  For some of us, that's what it used to be.

Fact is, this coaching staff and this team are rotten.  The coaches have to go.

HogInMemphis

What if the Hogs win the rest of their games but during half time of the LSU game, Nutt runs out on to the field completely nude? This could happen and if or when it does, do the people who keep defending Nutt and his abilities finally see the need to change head coaches? Thanks. I'll hang up and ignore your answer.

MajorHog

at some point you have to start asking if the team has quit on the coach or lost faith in him ...

if GA puts a whoopin' on us tomorrow night then does HDN lose the team, they start phoning it in and everyone crushes us?

Spurrier on the rise, we're on the downward spiral - Steve comes to Fayetteville with something to prove and we get blown away again.  grand.  it could happen.
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

dirty stanchez

Quote from: MajorHog on October 21, 2005, 12:12:59 pm
at some point you have to start asking if the team has quit on the coach or lost faith in him ...

if GA puts a whoopin' on us tomorrow night then does HDN lose the team, they start phoning it in and everyone crushes us?

Spurrier on the rise, we're on the downward spiral - Steve comes to Fayetteville with something to prove and we get blown away again. grand. it could happen.

Are you crazy?

The game isn't tomorrow night!!!!!

Sheesh!

HogInMemphis

Spurrier on the rise, we're on the downward spiral - Steve comes to Fayetteville with something to prove and we get blown away again.  grand.  it could happen.

What if Nutt is fired and then immediately hired by Fla to replace Meyer? And then he wins a national championship next year at Fla. it could happen.

dirty stanchez

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 21, 2005, 12:14:37 pm

What if Nutt is fired and then immediately hired by Fla to replace Meyer? And then he wins a national championship next year at Fla. it could happen.

I might also darn marbles for half an hour.

Possible, but not bloody likely!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: dirty stanchez on October 21, 2005, 12:17:02 pm
Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 21, 2005, 12:14:37 pm

I might also Shiite marbles for half an hour.

Possible, but not bloody likely!

IF you tend to do that, I'd say you need more fiber in your diet. Try All Bran cereal and take some metamucil caplets.

Feralhog

Quote from: CorningHog on October 21, 2005, 12:05:03 pm
We lose at home to South Carolina and Miss St. Or just one of them, say SC in Fayetteville?

This could happen and if or when it does, do the people who keep defending Nutt and his abilities finally see the need to change head coaches.

Has it gotten to the point that we "believe" that Frank has gone out and talked to any of the top coaches around that may have an interest in coaching the Razorbacks? It is so easy to believe that Butch Davis has privately said "no thanks" to the Arkansas job. I think it is more a case of him not wishing to say "hire me" while Nutt is coaching during this season. I would bet that right now the real issue is trying to at least had "hope" for the rest of this season. A good coach or AD does not ever throw in the towel. I don't think Nutt is either. The main thing is that for the image and building of the program next year with recruits and committments is how the Razorbacks are perceived after this season. Right now, I think our offense shows little hope in the passing game and the routes being run are partly to blame. Coaching and the coaches can't catch the ball, they can't make the passes, but they can sure put the guys out there that can.

It will be very interesting to watch this play out after the South Carolina game. At 2-6 it may become the "circus" that we all have expected.

I think the people left that are still defending Nutt will never change.  Their support is based in pure emotion, and while they will never admit it, Nutt being an Arkansas boy is probably the reason for their undying devotion. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

MajorHog

Are you crazy?

The game isn't tomorrow night!!!!!

Sheesh!

my bad - thought we played tomorrow night.  okay, what if GA whoops us tomorrow....
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

dirty stanchez

HogInMemphis

Quote from: dirty stanchez on October 21, 2005, 12:20:49 pm
I think that HDN might have already lost the team.

I think he has the players' phone numbers and email addresses though so he can locate them before they need to leave today.

hoggystyle78

Huggers excuse; "well you know guys the reason nutt ran out onto the field naked was because it was really really hot out there! Yall leave ole nutty alone if he decides to show us both of his Dicks!
Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 21, 2005, 12:12:34 pm
What if the Hogs win the rest of their games but during half time of the LSU game, Nutt runs out on to the field completely nude? This could happen and if or when it does, do the people who keep defending Nutt and his abilities finally see the need to change head coaches? Thanks. I'll hang up and ignore your answer.

dirty stanchez

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 21, 2005, 12:21:41 pm
Quote from: dirty stanchez on October 21, 2005, 12:20:49 pm
I think that HDN might have already lost the team.

I think he has the players' phone numbers and email addresses though so he can locate them before they need to leave today.

They already left.

hogbalz

I read the Post and Courier { out of Charleston } every day and I can assure you that SC is counting this game as a win. Do I think they will ? We have always been able or for the most part counted this as a win. No more. I think the Nutthugers are not gonna change their mind regardless. At this point it is just a matter of how bad we get beat week in and week out. FSN said lastnight that Georgia will shut down the run and score whatever they want, hard to argue at this point.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

Biggus Piggus

Georgia hasn't scored whatever they want against anybody but Boise State this season.
[CENSORED]!

HogDodging

Quote from: Feralhog on October 21, 2005, 12:18:03 pm
I think the people left that are still defending Nutt will never change.  Their support is based in pure emotion, and while they will never admit it, Nutt being an Arkansas boy is probably the reason for their undying devotion. 

That's the rub.  Nutt snuck away from Arkansas and went to OSU.  He had no devotion to the UA in 1977.  Why should people today be so committed to him?

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 21, 2005, 01:12:42 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on October 21, 2005, 12:18:03 pm

That's the rub.  Nutt snuck away from Arkansas and went to OSU.  He had no devotion to the UA in 1977.  Why should people today be so committed to him?

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;

HawgWyld

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 21, 2005, 01:09:45 pm
Georgia hasn't scored whatever they want against anybody but Boise State this season.

True. But, they haven't played Arkansas yet...

CorningHog

I expect that this will be such an energized night in Fayetteville.  The "Ole" ball coach in Fayetteville, the former assistants and player, Madre Hill. 

Isn't it strange to think 10 years ago, when we were new to the SEC and ole Madre ran for 6 TD's against South Carolina, and as the other new member we felt like at least we could beat SC and Ole Miss, probably Miss St and hopefully get some games against Vanderbilt and Kentucky>?

Now looking back, we have been lucky to win 2 out of 3 against Kentucky and it could easily be 1 out of 3.  We are now 0-1 against Vanderbilt in Nutt's time and although we have won our fair share against South Carolina and the Mississippi schools, the time is a changing and these lower tier schools are now not afraid of Arkansas and actually they lick their chops when we come on their schedule!

Funny days aren't they.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

HogInMemphis

Quote from: CorningHog on October 21, 2005, 03:44:21 pm
I expect that this will be such an energized night in Fayetteville.  The "Ole" ball coach in Fayetteville, the former assistants and player, Madre Hill. 

Isn't it strange to think 10 years ago, when we were new to the SEC and ole Madre ran for 6 TD's against South Carolina, and as the other new member we felt like at least we could beat SC and Ole Miss, probably Miss St and hopefully get some games against Vanderbilt and Kentucky>?

Now looking back, we have been lucky to win 2 out of 3 against Kentucky and it could easily be 1 out of 3.  We are now 0-1 against Vanderbilt in Nutt's time and although we have won our fair share against South Carolina and the Mississippi schools, the time is a changing and these lower tier schools are now not afraid of Arkansas and actually they lick their chops when we come on their schedule!

Funny days aren't they.

Uh, scuse me but er uh the Hogs and Nutt are not 2-1 vs. KY. They are 2-2 vs. KY jelly since Nutt has been head coach. Hogs lost in Lexington to them in '99, in RRS to them in '02 and beat them in LR in '98 and in 7 OT's in Lexington in '01 or '03, I furget.

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 21, 2005, 12:12:34 pm

That is the funniest thing I have read all day. thanks.