Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Broyles Complex is Not My Vatican

Started by WilsonHog, October 21, 2005, 07:57:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

I'm not sitting around waiting for white smoke to signal for me when it's time for a new football coach (or a new AD, for that matter).  I'm not waiting on Chuck Barrett or Randy Rainwater or Rick Schaeffer to tell me when I can have or voice an opinion (In fact, if Nutt is terminated it'll take about 10 minutes for his staunchest defenders to attack him like a pack of wolves). 

The mentality of waiting for word from on high is weak-minded.  "Someone tell me what to think. Someone tell me what to say. Someone make this decision for me."  Command-and-control at its finest.

I certainly can't make the final decision, but I can look at the data, form some opinions, and draw some conclusions as if I was going to make the final decision, and then voice that opinion without fear of regulation or control.

That's the reason Barrett, Schaeffer, Rainwater, Trainor, et al., hate the internet.  They can't muffle it, they can't control it.  While Barrett, Rainwater, and Schaeffer are limited to 30 minutes or an hour a day, this is 24/7 with no delay to screen opinions. 

Lanny

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 21, 2005, 07:57:47 am
I'm not sitting around waiting for white smoke to signal for me when it's time for a new football coach (or a new AD, for that matter). I'm not waiting on Chuck Barrett or Randy Rainwater or Rick Schaeffer to tell me when I can have or voice an opinion (In fact, if Nutt is terminated it'll take about 10 minutes for his staunchest defenders to attack him like a pack of wolves).

The mentality of waiting for word from on high is weak-minded. "Someone tell me what to think. Someone tell me what to say. Someone make this decision for me." Command-and-control at its finest.

I certainly can't make the final decision, but I can look at the data, form some opinions, and draw some conclusions as if I was going to make the final decision, and then voice that opinion without fear of regulation or control.

That's the reason Barrett, Schaeffer, Rainwater, Trainor, et al., hate the internet. They can't muffle it, they can't control it. While Barrett, Rainwater, and Schaeffer are limited to 30 minutes or an hour a day, this is 24/7 with no delay to screen opinions.

You're certainly correct, they can't control Hogville.net
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

razorback4life

Quote from: hSv on October 21, 2005, 08:06:28 am
I'm not sitting around waiting for white smoke to signal for me when it's time for a new football coach (or a new AD, for that matter). I'm not waiting on Chuck Barrett or Randy Rainwater or Rick Schaeffer to tell me when I can have or voice an opinion (In fact, if Nutt is terminated it'll take about 10 minutes for his staunchest defenders to attack him like a pack of wolves).

The mentality of waiting for word from on high is weak-minded. "Someone tell me what to think. Someone tell me what to say. Someone make this decision for me." Command-and-control at its finest.

That's the reason Barrett, Schaeffer, Rainwater, Trainor, et al., hate the internet. They can't muffle it, they can't control it. While Barrett, Rainwater, and Schaeffer are limited to 30 minutes or an hour a day, this is 24/7 with no delay to screen opinions.

You're certainly correct, they can't control Hogville.net

Control it!!!!!  They can't even dream of containing it!  ;)

Why should fans be spoon fed information from the feeders that the program hand selects?  As long as they continue to despise the internet, it will continue to grow and become more and more reliable for information for the uninformed.

junkyardhog

That is a good post. It should probably be on the home page.

I've got another idea. Actually put an image of black smoke on the home page and when he is finally fired, put the white smoke there. We'll know before anyone.