Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am thoroughly convinced that we will beat Georgia

Started by corndo, October 20, 2005, 08:42:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

corndo

idochog

I love Jesus!

Biggus Piggus

Can you recall a game when the pregame mood was as morgue-like as it is this week?

All I can recall is the week before Tennessee in 2000.
[CENSORED]!

corndo

Buck Ocean

QuoteFor me I would have to go back to the Ford era.

I'll take Florida 95...campus took the approach that the game wasnt even happening...my girlfriend from Florida, at the time, really rubbed it in me. and for what? I just played stupid, like we were Rockdale high and they were Springdale '05...
I told her she was wasting breath mints and she looked like a garbage pail kid.....havent seen her in 10 years.
Think like a Jedi

Biggus Piggus

October 20, 2005, 09:18:02 pm #5 Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 09:22:28 pm by Biggus Piggus
Which was worse, the SECCG in '95, or the Fayetteville game in '96?  In '96, we had already lost to SMU at home then blew a chance to beat Bama when Chukwuma fumbled near the goal line on what should have been a TD run.

That reminds me...losing to SMU two years in a row the way we did, running off all the QBs and having nothing but Lajun Burks and Clint Stoerner, I wonder why Broyles didn't fire Ford after the 1996 season especially when he pushed back on Chow.  Somebody must have stopped him.  What kind of coach loses two years in a row to a team as sorry as SMU?  We had every reason in the world to pay them back in 1996, just couldn't muster a good shot.  Then we did it AGAIN in 1997.
[CENSORED]!

WILL CLINTON

I hate it when someone reminds me we could have had Chow.  Just to think what our team would be like now.  he would probably be head coach now, and Mustain would have commited before his jr. year. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

corndo

Quote from: PulledPork on October 20, 2005, 08:43:32 pm
Quote from: corndo on October 20, 2005, 08:42:21 pm
... in track this year! :D
Damn it man! You luv to play with my emotions. I was getting so ready to rip you a new one for switching sides....lol.

Not a chance!

Reaganite

Quote from: corndo on October 20, 2005, 08:42:21 pm
... in track this year! :D

I thought I'd click on this link and see that you wrote, "to the locker room".   HAHA

hogken

there is a chance but, not with Robert Johnson, maybe Cole or Alex
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

Boarcephus

Wally hit it right on the head in todays article when he writes,  "When fans lose trust, they become angry and eventually apathetic".    The fans have lost faith that Nutt can fix the problems and many consider him the main problem.   Broyles and Lindsey both can see this trainload of apathy headed towards their beloved Razorback Nation at a high rate of speed. 

I was talking to Lindsey one day a couple years ago and he told me then that Broyles true love is the Razorback program and as good a friends as he and JFB are, if Jim were to harm it, he'd be out the door in a heartbeat.  It will be interesting to see what they do.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

NEAHAWG

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 21, 2005, 06:19:19 am
I was talking to Lindsey one day a couple years ago and he told me then that Broyles true love is the Razorback program and as good a friends as he and JFB are, if Jim were to harm it, he'd be out the door in a heartbeat.  It will be interesting to see what they do.
Thank you Boarcephus that makes my day.  I have always felt that JFB was one the average fans could count on to protect our program.

I will never forget just after he had let Danny Ford go, he was taking questions from the media and one was questioning our ability to compete no matter who the coach would be. 

Frank said, "Look there are people in this state who do without to contribute to the Razorback Foundation so we can have the best.  We have competed before and (pounding the podium with each word now) we will be competive again.  I loved it.  Frank is the man.  Just hope he continues to think that way.  I think he does.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 20, 2005, 09:00:59 pm
Can you recall a game when the pregame mood was as morgue-like as it is this week?

All I can recall is the week before Tennessee in 2000.

well, for what it's worth I go into every game thinking that we have a chance to win.  we have good talent..  the way it looks and sounds (when I can't watch the games) is that we get bent over and butt raped during our halftime "adustments."
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE