Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hat Hair

Started by NuttsSacked, October 20, 2005, 07:58:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttsSacked

We had a maintenance shutdown in the paper mill yesterday.  With all the moving of rolls and activity overhead, hard hats are required for even us salaried folks.

If you've ever worn a hard hat for approximately 16 hours, you know upon taking it off your "doo" is anything but fashionable.  As a result, ball caps are required when restarting a paper machine.

I just happened to have an old Razorback cap in my truck that I quickly retrieved.  Understand, under normal circumstances wearing a Hog cap in Alabama is equivalent to blasphemy.  Not on this day. 

Most everyone in the mill knows I'm a Razorback follower.  What they didn't realize, until last night, is that I am a true fan.  Five, maybe six guys told me as much while shaking my hand and congratulating me for having the guts to wear it.

Not a bad feeling when my intentions were to simply cover up some bad hair.

razorback44

Quote from: NuttsSacked on October 20, 2005, 07:58:03 pm
We had a maintenance shutdown in the paper mill yesterday. With all the moving of rolls and activity overhead, hard hats are required for even us salaried folks.

If you've ever worn a hard hat for approximately 16 hours, you know upon taking it off your "doo" is anything but fashionable. As a result, ball caps are required when restarting a paper machine.

I just happened to have an old Razorback cap in my truck that I quickly retrieved. Understand, under normal circumstances wearing a Hog cap in Alabama is equivalent to blasphemy. Not on this day.

Most everyone in the mill knows I'm a Razorback follower. What they didn't realize, until last night, is that I am a true fan. Five, maybe six guys told me as much while shaking my hand and congratulating me for having the guts to wear it.

Not a bad feeling when my intentions were to simply cover up some bad hair.

good story...
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR