Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

unfair

Started by Kevin, October 20, 2005, 05:25:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

i just wanted to say that i think it is terribly unfair for us to think two guys are going to turn our program around.

i am saying nothing of the talent of mitch and coach gus, but to think they can turn this mess around by themselves is just unfair.

i think we need to curb our expectations of them.  glad to have them when they come aboard but lets not get carried away.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

silvertip

I think it's unrealistic to expect MM to turn it around as a freshman. What gives me hope is that surely MM & Gus have enough sense not to commit to Nutt without BIG promises for a different OC.

razorback4life

Quote from: silvertip on October 20, 2005, 07:33:48 pm
I think it's unrealistic to expect MM to turn it around as a freshman. What gives me hope is that surely MM & Gus have enough sense not to commit to Nutt without BIG promises for a different OC.

I dont think Malzahn will come on board unless Markuson is gone and he has the playcalling responsibilities.

Biggus Piggus

But if you want to believe Nutt should have ONE MORE SEASON, you have to believe Mustain and Malzahn are going to turn it around in one year.

We get into next year with Nutt still in the job, by the end the story will be about 2007 not 2006.  Drip.  Drip.  Drip.  Meanwhile, Nutt will have piled up five so-so to bad recruiting classes in a row.
[CENSORED]!

corndo

Quote from: PulledPork on October 20, 2005, 05:27:21 pm
Quote from: Kevin on October 20, 2005, 05:25:01 pm
i just wanted to say that i think it is terribly unfair for us to think two guys are going to turn our program around.

i am saying nothing of the talent of mitch and coach gus, but to think they can turn this mess around by themselves is just unfair.

i think we need to curb our expectations of them. glad to have them when they come aboard but lets not get carried away.
Why is that so hard to believe? One person destroyed it!!

Nice one!

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 20, 2005, 07:37:36 pm
But if you want to believe Nutt should have ONE MORE SEASON, you have to believe Mustain and Malzahn are going to turn it around in one year.

We get into next year with Nutt still in the job, by the end the story will be about 2007 not 2006. Drip. Drip. Drip. Meanwhile, Nutt will have piled up five so-so to bad recruiting classes in a row.

That's right.  Anyone hanging their hat on Gus and Mitch turning this situation around is delusional.  Matt Jones made some untimely mistakes, but for the most part saved Nutt's ass for over two years. 

Does Nutt and his loving audience honestly believe that stunt can be replicated?  I happen to think they do.  Which makes me ask...  Is Mustains commitment worth keeping Nutt around for the next couple of years?

lumphog

Nutt has blown his chance. MM & GUS will be on Butch`s staff next year. There is no way Nutt keeps his job with 3 wins, no matter what promises were made. He`s gone....I WANT BUTCH

Buff

dreaming....................but i wish you were right

V B Porkers

How many high school coaches have gone to D I and made an impact?

V B Porkers