Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DTS

Started by pioneerbasketball, October 20, 2005, 04:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerbasketball

Anybody calling in?

HaWg 10

nope.. i don't listen to DTS i can't stand Rick, Randy, or Ray.. i only listen to Chuck but i don't lcall in..
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Tomhog™

I heard Rick Shaeffer say that it's out of our emotions and not rational thinking that we want to fire Nutt.  He used the analogy of Walmart and the fact that they have confidence in their leadership.  Even when times are bad, you stay with the leadership until they can right the ship.  Does anyone actually have confidence in Nutt?  It's hard to have confidence in someone who doesn't accept responsibility, makes poor play calling, doesn't utilize the best players, does not 'coach up' a player to become a better player than most thought possible.  That really irked me...

corndo

Quote from: Tomcat on October 20, 2005, 06:31:45 pm
I heard Rick Shaeffer say that it's out of our emotions and not rational thinking that we want to fire Nutt. He used the analogy of Walmart and the fact that they have confidence in their leadership. Even when times are bad, you stay with the leadership until they can right the ship. Does anyone actually have confidence in Nutt? It's hard to have confidence in someone who doesn't accept responsibility, makes poor play calling, doesn't utilize the best players, does not 'coach up' a player to become a better player than most thought possible. That really irked me...

Wal-Mart and Arkansas football is a very poor analogy.

abraHAM_lincoln

Well...when Arkansas under Nutt has the track record of Wal-mart in success and stomping the competition...then I will trust the leadership through a down year or two.

PintailKiller

If the Wal Mart CEO had 2 years as poor as hdn, then the stockholders would have him removed.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Patch

Quote from: junkyardhog on October 20, 2005, 07:11:59 pm
Quote from: HaWg 10 WiLd on October 20, 2005, 05:55:19 pm
nope.. i don't listen to DTS i can't stand Rick, Randy, or Ray.. i only listen to Chuck but i don't lcall in..

If you don't listen, how do you know no one is calling in? Why would you comment on something you know nothing about?

Speaking about commenting on something you know nothing about. Re-read his post. Where does he say that no one is calling in to DTS?

Patch

Quote from: junkyardhog on October 20, 2005, 07:52:49 pm
The subject was: Is anyone calling in?

If you are not listening then you cannot comment. Unless I am misreading the question.

What is the price of beans in China?

Maybe we're talking about 2 different things. I thought the question was asking if anyone from Hogville was going to call in.

If Houston gets fired and there aren't any fans around, does it make a difference?

pioneerbasketball

My fault you guys. I meant is anybody from hogville calling in.

Jim Harris

I heard Rick Shaeffer say that it's out of our emotions and not rational thinking that we want to fire Nutt. He used the analogy of Walmart and the fact that they have confidence in their leadership. Even when times are bad, you stay with the leadership until they can right the ship. Does anyone actually have confidence in Nutt? It's hard to have confidence in someone who doesn't accept responsibility, makes poor play calling, doesn't utilize the best players, does not 'coach up' a player to become a better player than most thought possible. That really irked me...

This is like if Wal-Mart stock bottomed to $2 a share, that's what this is. Rick is beholden to Frank. Somebody gave him the tip, for a reason, that after the game Saturday if they lost several assistants would lose their jobs. They have to get that word out, calm the masses, change will be made, etc., etc. They want change made and still keep Houston the bonehead in power, for who knows why.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Turnberry

October 21, 2005, 04:18:00 pm #10 Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 04:25:25 pm by Turnberry

Rick compared Wal Mart to the Razorback football program?

Wal Mart = USC.  We are freaking K-Mart. The mere mention of the name "K-Mart" reeks of shoddiness.  The same thing is being said about our fotoball program. Do you think the K-Mart stockholders had confidence in their leadership after their company starting going down the toilet? 

aka PlanoHog

Jim Harris

Quote from: Turnberry on October 21, 2005, 04:18:00 pm

Wal Mart = USC. We are freaking K-Mart. Do you think the K-Mart stockholders had confidence in their leadership after there company starting going down the toilet? Rick is unbelievable.....

Why would you insult K-mart like that. We're more like Alco.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Doyle Hograves

I'm tired of the high school stuff... Half an hour on high school football... Let's move on and have Sonic sponsor something else.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

HogBall94

Wal-Mart??? Rick has lost it - I've NEVER booed WAl-MArt ;D

Jim Harris

Quote from: ArkieRebel on October 21, 2005, 04:27:12 pm
I'm tired of the high school stuff... Half an hour on high school football... Let's move on and have Sonic sponsor something else.

I can't decide who I hate worse on the radio, Otis babbling on about a recruit or Barry Grooms doing his Truman Capote imitation while predicting the big games in Class AA tonight.

hoggystyle78

Im thinking more along the lines of The Salvation Army, maybe if we can collect enough money this xmas we can buy ole nutty out?
Quote from: drakehog on October 21, 2005, 04:23:32 pm
Quote from: Turnberry on October 21, 2005, 04:18:00 pm

Wal Mart = USC. We are freaking K-Mart. Do you think the K-Mart stockholders had confidence in their leadership after there company starting going down the toilet? Rick is unbelievable.....

Why would you insult K-mart like that. We're more like Alco.

GorillaJMonsoon

We didn't keep Ford after 2 losing seasons, why would we keep Nutt?  Oh, because he told us in advance that we would suck for two years, I guess that makes it different.  Why didn't someone ask Rick why the analogy didn't fit Ford?  He should not be allowed to get away with lapses in logic like that.