Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5NEWS NFL FOOTBALL CHANGE FOR SUNDAY

Started by Eric Sullivan, October 20, 2005, 04:01:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Sullivan

Ok Hogville... here's the deal.

Kansas City will play at Miami on Friday night. CBS did not offer us ( 5news) the game to carry in our Market ( sorry about that).
then on Sunday Pittsburgh at Cincinatti will now be on at Noon..

Thanks,,
ESULLY

MBAHog

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 20, 2005, 04:49:29 pm
Sully, where will we be able to watch the KC game on Friday night if y'all don't have it?

Why bother.. The Cowboys play Seattle on Sunday at noon!!!!!!! No for real, CBS did not offer the game for us to carry on Friday,  if you got DIRECT TV or hit a Sports Bar that does you can watch KC then..
ESULLY

Eric Sullivan

October 20, 2005, 05:23:34 pm #3 Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 05:52:19 pm by Eric Sullivan
Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 20, 2005, 05:13:18 pm
Considering how close we are to KC, that's disappointing. I was expecting KC/Miami to be a pretty good game.

I guess I'll set the TiVo to record the KC game tomorrow night on Sunday Ticket.
It was CBS's call and with their PRIMETIME Ratings going so well so far this fall, I understand why they would show the game only in the Miami Market.. But with KC being so close, it does suck for us.. Go Cowboys !!

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: PulledPork on October 20, 2005, 05:39:05 pm
Quote from: Eric Sullivan on October 20, 2005, 05:23:34 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 20, 2005, 05:13:18 pm
Considering how close we are to KC, that's disappointing. I was expecting KC/Miami to be a pretty good game.

I guess I'll set the TiVo to record the KC game tomorrow night on Sunday Ticket.
It was CBS's call and with their PRIMETIME Ratings going so well so far this fall, I understand why the would show the game only in the Miami Market.. But with KC being so close, it does suck for us.. Go Cowboys !!
I bet you are a Cardinals fan too, huh?? :)
I like the Cards.. But grew up watching the ATL Braves.. I still have a wall size poster of Dale Murphy back at the parents house. I'm just ready for basketball to get here. This World Series match up isn't that exciting.

John Futrall

October 21, 2005, 08:09:47 am #5 Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 08:12:18 am by mikeyg31
For those that live in Northwest Arkansas and have Fayetteville Cox Comm, I THINK that the KC/Miami game is going to be shown on the CBS affiliate out of Springfield (Channel 10).

Can you confirm this, sully?

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: mikeyg31 on October 21, 2005, 08:09:47 am
For those that live in Northwest Arkansas and have Fayetteville Cox Comm, I THINK that the KC/Miami game is going to be shown on the CBS affiliate out of Springfield (Channel 10).

Can you confirm this, sully?

Mikey.. sorry man.. The NFL is being HARDCORE about this. KOLR 10 in Springdfield will NOT carry the KC - Miami game. Sorry dude..

link:
http://www.kolr10.com/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=4050

Hot Springs Hogs

At least the Jaguars are off Sunday.  It would be nice if the TV stations in Little Rock and Fayetteville pulled the plug on Jaguar games.  Until the most overrated, overhyped Arkansas Razorback to play in the NFL does something (Please don't bring up the fact he scored a touchdown last week. One touchdown doesn't make a season.), the football fans in this state should not be held hostage by the Matt Jones Fan Club.  If those fans want to see a player, who at Arkansas, was inconsistent, did not win a conference championship, did not earn all-American or all-conference honors, let them buy a satelite dish and purchase the NFL's Sunday Ticket Package.

artyhog

Quote from: Hot Springs Hogs on October 21, 2005, 04:48:48 pm
At least the Jaguars are off Sunday. It would be nice if the TV stations in Little Rock and Fayetteville pulled the plug on Jaguar games. Until the most overrated, overhyped Arkansas Razorback to play in the NFL does something (Please don't bring up the fact he scored a touchdown last week. One touchdown doesn't make a season.), the football fans in this state should not be held hostage by the Matt Jones Fan Club. If those fans want to see a player, who at Arkansas, was inconsistent, did not win a conference championship, did not earn all-American or all-conference honors, let them buy a satelite dish and purchase the NFL's Sunday Ticket Package.

Why not Matt?  This board is is held hostage by the FIRE NUTT Fan Club.

Hot Springs Hogs

The Fire Nutt Fan Club is better than the Matt Jones Fan Club.  At least the people wanting Nutt's head on the chopping block want the Razorback program to get better.  The people who want to watch a first-round draft pick, who was overrated and overhyped in his career at Arkansas need to get a life.  They're preventing the rest of the state from watching good NFL games each Sunday.

razorbackSAX

Hey, I know it sucks, but if you're pretty hardcore about those cheifs, you can listen online:

http://www.101thefox.net/listen_signin.asp