Previous topic - Next topic

Does Nutt get fired

yes
64 (57.1%)
no
48 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

razorsharp94

I saw that Mike said yesterday that Nutt needed to win two games.  I was just curious what you think.  Since Nutt got his salary doubled we are 7-15, 3-13.  He's made over $200,000 per win.  To me this is money not well spent.  What do you think?

idochog

Quote from: razorsharp94 on October 20, 2005, 10:36:26 am
I saw that Mike said yesterday that Nutt needed to win two games. I was just curious what you think. Since Nutt got his salary doubled we are 7-15, 3-13. He's made over $200,000 per win. To me this is money not well spent. What do you think?

Im utterly disgusted w/ JFB and freaking JIM LINDSEY if HDN gets to keep his job w/ 2 more wins.  HDN is the problem.
I love Jesus!

WILL CLINTON

He should already be fired.  I was behind him blindly for the past 7 years.  After the Vandy game, He does not deserve to be here any longer.   
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

razorsharp94

I am right there with ya.  Rebuilding or not we should NEVER lose to Vandy.  I was off the wagon and will remain off the wagon for good.  Matt Jones is the reason that Nutt has a job right now.  I pray we have a new coach next year.  This isn't acceptable.

idochog

HDN has had 3 fall and 2 spring practices plus 8 weeks this year to develop RoJo and HDN:

1. Cant do it
2. Cant recognize Rojo didnt have it.

Again HDN has NOT developed a QB since Joe Ferguson has left.
I love Jesus!

SultanofSwine

Will Hog fans tear down the goal post if HDN gets canned?

3kgthog

Why are we even asking this question?  We could go winless the rest of the year and HDN wouldn't be any closer to being fired.  Nutt knows the ass he needs to be kissing and that would be Lindsey.  I know I'm the most retarded person on this board, but I get the feeling that since Nutt got Mustain, HDN will have four years to pull us from this black hole that he created. 

Kevin n Hog Heaven

This is exactly what i pointed out in an earlier post. Matt saved his ass for four years. Next year it will be Gus and Mustain. HDN will come out of all of this like a gold covered turd.

junkyardhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 20, 2005, 10:51:56 am
Why are we even asking this question? We could go winless the rest of the year and HDN wouldn't be any closer to being fired. Nutt knows the ass he needs to be kissing and that would be Lindsey. I know I'm the most retarded person on this board, but I get the feeling that since Nutt got Mustain, HDN will have four years to pull us from this black hole that he created.

I haven't really commented on the situation lately, so I'll tell you I agree completely with what you said. I don't think they would fire HDN even WITH a Rodney King tape. :(

Hog Bounty Hunter

He won't win two more, he will get stomped this weekend and then his guys will completely quit. I sense decention in the ranks.  Nutt sack moved the practice indoors yesterday so we could not see his "secret".  I called in on Press Row this AM and suggested if the doesn't have a QB that can do the job then someone needs to go look at the intramural teams, Ferguson did that in 2000 and got a guy better than the ones Nutt had recruited.

toshortrock

i;ve done said we will win only 3,so brace yourselves for it
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Adam Stokes

We should win two more, if he doesn't, I think his free pass will expire.  We should be able to win at least two more, if not three.

jkstock04

Well all I can say is we remember what happened the last time a coach had back to back losing seasons here...anyways I think he'll end up leaving at the end of the season on his own accord....
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

kuhog

If we go 2-9 or 3-8?

Do you mean - When we go 2-9 or 3-8?

Flatline

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 20, 2005, 10:51:56 am
Why are we even asking this question? We could go winless the rest of the year and HDN wouldn't be any closer to being fired. Nutt knows the ass he needs to be kissing and that would be Lindsey. I know I'm the most retarded person on this board, but I get the feeling that since Nutt got Mustain, HDN will have four years to pull us from this black hole that he created.

Don't be so sure that Nutty Buddy is safe.  There be a things a stirring on the hill.  It be getting hot in the kitchen.  Yes, I am aware of my speech prior to this sentence.

Since 1894

1.  We will win at least 2 more games this year. 
2.  Nutt will remain HC but he will make some staff changes.
3.  We will end up with a recruiting class ranked (by rivals and scout) between 15 to 25 in the country.
4.  HDN's pass will end sometime in the fall of 2006.  If he wins, he stays.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 20, 2005, 04:36:09 pm
1. We will win at least 2 more games this year.
2. Nutt will remain HC but he will make some staff changes.
3. We will end up with a recruiting class ranked (by rivals and scout) between 15 to 25 in the country.
4. HDN's pass will end sometime in the fall of 2006. If he wins, he stays.

I think you are pretty much on target 1894.

Funny how all these folks want to get into coaching change speculation in the middle of the season. Let's see how the season plays out.

"There'll be time enough for countin', when the dealin's done."  The Gambler

jkstock04

October 20, 2005, 04:43:18 pm #18 Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 05:01:15 pm by jkstock04

What evidence so far this year leads you to believe that we will without a doubt we win 2 more games?????  Our outstanding defensive performances??...Or mabye Nutts masterminded playcalling??
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Or are you basing this off our wins over ULM and SMS?  Just curious...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hockeycop

Arrogance and Self-Serving Pride are the reasons that the program is where it is! "Usama Bin" Broyles has terrorized this state for years with his running of the Ar. football program. He keeps a fraud like HDN, but fires coaches like Daddy Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield, both proved winners, something HDN has not proved.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hockeycop on October 20, 2005, 04:51:18 pm
Arrogance and Self-Serving Pride are the reasons that the program is where it is! "Usama Bin" Broyles has terrorized this state for years with his running of the Ar. football program. He keeps a fraud like HDN, but fires coaches like Daddy Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield, both proved winners, something HDN has not proved.

Ken was "fired"?  I thought the story was he flew the coop.

hockeycop

He was about to be fired. He was a victim of terrorism by UBB.

Since 1894

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 20, 2005, 04:43:18 pm

What evidence so far this year leads you to believe that we will without a doubt we win 2 more games?????  Our outstanding defensive performances??...Or mabye Nutts masterminded playcalling??

ONLY that I STILL BELIEVE!!!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

jkstock04

Well, you are indeed an optimist, much more so than me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Since 1894

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 20, 2005, 05:20:46 pm
Well, you are indeed an optimist, much more so than me.

That is the way to look forward to the Homecoming and we are already planning our Tail Gate Party.  If I didn't believe, then I would be tempted to stay away and get some work done that day.

PintailKiller

Quote from: SultanofSwine on October 20, 2005, 10:48:43 am
Will Hog fans tear down the goal post if HDN gets canned?

YES!!!!!  I'll lead the charge.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

artyhog

Quote from: Tomcat on October 20, 2005, 12:20:00 pm
hmmmm. haven't heard much from the sunshine pumpers lately. It seems the 95/5 has flip-flopped...

I voted NO.  I will never flip flop.  I don't care if I am one of the 1% that pull for the Hogs.

PintailKiller

I will always be a fan of the Hogs, but I will not support this staff.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

HogFansReunited

Quote from: artyhog on October 20, 2005, 06:21:11 pm
hmmmm. haven't heard much from the sunshine pumpers lately. It seems the 95/5 has flip-flopped...

I voted NO. I will never flip flop. I don't care if I am one of the 1% that pull for the Hogs.

Most of us here are hog fans and most of us want Nutt fired.  Wanting Nutt fired does not make you any less of a hog fan either and if you say it does you are vary wrong.  I just want what is best for the program, something a true fan would want.  I am not going to bash your opinion of Nutt or the program, but we are all hog fans.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

artyhog

Quote from: FireNutt on October 20, 2005, 06:37:00 pm

I voted NO. I will never flip flop. I don't care if I am one of the 1% that pull for the Hogs.

Most of us here are hog fans and most of us want Nutt fired. Wanting Nutt fired does not make you any less of a hog fan either and if you say it does you are vary wrong. I just want what is best for the program, something a true fan would want. I am not going to bash your opinion of Nutt or the program, but we are all hog fans.

I too want the Hogs to succeed.  I do not feel that it is correct thing to do as boo during the game, wearing FIRE NUTT t-shirts, etc.

corndo

Unfortunately, I think he will still be here no matter what.

GrizzledHogFan

I fear that Nutt will be here no matter what the outcome of the season is.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

junkyardhog

October 20, 2005, 06:56:16 pm #33 Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 06:58:44 pm by junkyardhog
Quote from: artyhog on October 20, 2005, 06:42:19 pm
Quote from: FireNutt on October 20, 2005, 06:37:00 pm

Most of us here are hog fans and most of us want Nutt fired. Wanting Nutt fired does not make you any less of a hog fan either and if you say it does you are vary wrong. I just want what is best for the program, something a true fan would want. I am not going to bash your opinion of Nutt or the program, but we are all hog fans.

I too want the Hogs to succeed. I do not feel that it is correct thing to do as boo during the game, wearing FIRE NUTT t-shirts, etc.

ArtyHog, what is your suggestion if we feel that the coaching staff will NEVER get us where we need to be? Are you saying the fans should always be there to cheer, but not to criticize? FYI- Public discontent is the ONLY way to get our point across. If the staff does not know we do not agree with them, we not only have the right, we have the responsibility to let them know.

We are the 12th man, good or bad. If you want us there when the going is good, expect us to be there when you aren't doing your job!

BTW- Yes Men are not respected in any way ;)

artyhog

Frank has already said that Nutt had this year.  That is why all the griping is going against deaf ears.  That is all I am saying.  I go to teh games to enjoy the game for the players..

junkyardhog

I asked you an honest question. Will you answer it? Not "Because Frank said so."

"ArtyHog, what is your suggestion if we feel that the coaching staff will NEVER get us where we need to be?"

artyhog

Quote from: junkyardhog on October 20, 2005, 07:00:45 pm
I asked you an honest question. Will you answer it? Not "Because Frank said so."

"ArtyHog, what is your suggestion if we feel that the coaching staff will NEVER get us where we need to be?"

At the end of the year, if there is not a bowl game, then a change is in the offing.  You have seen, 98 and 99, that Nutt can produce if there are the players there.  With the Fresh, Soph, and potential recruits, next year should be a very good year.  The staf have done a very good job in recruiting the past two years.  I can see a good future for the Hogs.