Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"We need every advantage we can get against these guys"

Started by WILL CLINTON, October 18, 2005, 10:20:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

Does anyone really think that not letting Georgia know who the QB is gonna be before Saturday is gonna change the outcome of this game?  We could have Joe Montanna in his prime coming in for this game and it wouldn't matter one bit.  I love the way our coach (sarcasm) actually thinks keeping things like this secret actually have any effect on the game or the way the other team prepares for us.  They could take the week off and come in and whip our a$$. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Razorback Jedi

Maybe we haven't shown our entire offense leading up to this game, so we can catch Georgia off guard.

e_dub

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on October 18, 2005, 10:31:58 am
Maybe we haven't shown our entire offense leading up to this game, so we can catch Georgia off guard.

hehe, yeah and maybe I'm the freakin pope.  Who wants to go to heaven??

HawgWyld

Quote from: dubyacee on October 18, 2005, 10:20:56 am
Does anyone really think that not letting Georgia know who the QB is gonna be before Saturday is gonna change the outcome of this game?  We could have Joe Montanna in his prime coming in for this game and it wouldn't matter one bit.  I love the way our coach (sarcasm) actually thinks keeping things like this secret actually have any effect on the game or the way the other team prepares for us.  They could take the week off and come in and whip our a$$. 

Nutt's never beaten Georgia. Why the heck should that change now? Georgia could Fed Ex the team's entire game plan to Nutt and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

JDHogg

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 18, 2005, 11:46:31 am
Does anyone really think that not letting Georgia know who the QB is gonna be before Saturday is gonna change the outcome of this game? We could have Joe Montanna in his prime coming in for this game and it wouldn't matter one bit. I love the way our coach (sarcasm) actually thinks keeping things like this secret actually have any effect on the game or the way the other team prepares for us. They could take the week off and come in and whip our a$$.

Nutt's never beaten Georgia. Why the heck should that change now? Georgia could Fed Ex the team's entire game plan to Nutt and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Jefferson pilot loves to showcase SEC East powers in easy games.
    The old Florida/Vandy rivalry and the new Georgia/Arkansas rivalry.

It's usually our worst game on TV.  Georgia. In Athens.  Against Georgia.  This whole weekend is gonna suck.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

rathog1

This is the game we've been waiting for! Nutt will finally reveal the super secret offense that he's been hiding. All the losses were a ploy to trick Georgia into a false sense of security.
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

corndo

Quote from: rathog1 on October 18, 2005, 11:52:07 am
This is the game we've been waiting for! Nutt will finally reveal the super secret offense that he's been hiding. All the losses were a ploy to trick Georgia into a false sense of security.

We're going to the wishbone!!!

Hog Bounty Hunter

This team could run Peyton Manning out there and they still get beat by 5 td's. Nutt sack would have him pass about ever 10th play or so and then it would be an out pattern.

HawgWyld

Quote from: rathog1 on October 18, 2005, 11:52:07 am

I do believe Nutt's secret offense has gone the way of "the plan" John Kerry was always rattling on about.

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 18, 2005, 11:57:29 am

This team could run Peyton Manning out there and they still get beat by 5 td's. Nutt sack would have him pass about ever 10th play or so and then it would be an out pattern.

Why doesn't RJ, or whoever is at QB for us, just trot out there and start chucking the ball downfield? That's what Jones/Storner did. They got one call from Nutt, and would change the play because the call jsut plain sucked.

Obviously RJ isn't the guy to do this.....but if I were Hillis or Monk, I'd get in the huddle and telll RJ to throw me the damn ball downfield.

What is Nutt going to do? Pull RJ? yeah, right.

HawgWyld

hoggystyle78

we could get last year's NewEngland Patriot team to play for us and nutty wouldn't let Brady throw and he would make Corey Dillon share time Ced! what a dumbass!!!!!!!!!1

jkstock04

Thats hilarious, I didn't hear it but it sounds just like something he'd say.  Mortenson deserves a chance after the clown show we've witnessed the past few weeks...whats weird is I've heard that in practice RJ looks like a superstar, but come game time...well we all know the story to that.  Course, if he had some decent coaches I think he could be a better quarterback if not a good one.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on October 18, 2005, 12:22:50 pm

Why doesn't RJ, or whoever is at QB for us, just trot out there and start chucking the ball downfield? That's what Jones/Storner did. They got one call from Nutt, and would change the play because the call jsut plain sucked.

Obviously RJ isn't the guy to do this.....but if I were Hillis or Monk, I'd get in the huddle and telll RJ to throw me the damn ball downfield.

There is a story going around a little here, that on one play, RJ tried an audible, and before he could get set, HDN had rushed halfway onto the field to call a time out.  I am not sure the validity to this, but it would not surprise me.  HDN is so worried right now of any mistakes that he will not allow checking off or anything.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 18, 2005, 03:50:59 pm
Quote from: Razorback Jedi on October 18, 2005, 12:22:50 pm

There is a story going around a little here, that on one play, RJ tried an audible, and before he could get set, HDN had rushed halfway onto the field to call a time out. I am not sure the validity to this, but it would not surprise me. HDN is so worried right now of any mistakes that he will not allow checking off or anything.

He tried to check out of the run huh?  I guess RJ just didn't hand it off like he was suppose to. ;D

WILL CLINTON

Was this the play that Nutt did his usual waste-a-timeout-in-the-first-quarter call?  It doesn't surprise me..

PAHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 18, 2005, 03:42:12 pm
...whats weird is I've heard that in practice RJ looks like a superstar, but come game time...well we all know the story to that.

Look at the defense he goes up against in practice.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 18, 2005, 03:50:59 pm
There is a story going around a little here, that on one play, RJ tried an audible, and before he could get set, HDN had rushed halfway onto the field to call a time out. I am not sure the validity to this, but it would not surprise me. HDN is so worried right now of any mistakes that he will not allow checking off or anything.

Nutt can't control what RJ does on the field. Plus, Nutt is too scared to put anyone else in the game. Play to Nutts weakness -- his "close to the vest" game management. If I'm RJ, I step onto the field with the sweep to DMac as the called play, tell DMac and Hillis to line up in the flat, and just run around until they get open.

Play some flag football style offense.....can't get any worse than it is right now.

Of course, it's not Nutts fault.....it's the investigation.....er....the lack of seniors.....er....the lack of a true QB for Nutts offensive system.....er....the lack of "everyone making their block perfect every time".....er....it's Herrings fault for not stopping the other team......er....< insert lame excuse here >...

Ark Blitz

Quote from: PAHog on October 18, 2005, 04:43:13 pm
Quote from: jkstock04 on October 18, 2005, 03:42:12 pm
...whats weird is I've heard that in practice RJ looks like a superstar, but come game time...well we all know the story to that.

Look at the defense he goes up against in practice.

That for all the QB's not just RoJo. 

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on October 18, 2005, 05:01:08 pm
Nutt can't control what RJ does on the field.

I am saying he is TRYING to control RJ with timeouts.

hoggystyle78

"we need every advantage we can get"   TRANSLATION; Guys we're gonna get raped on TV again in front of millions of people!

WILL CLINTON

Again in today's paper, "They (Georgia) dont need any more help."  Yesterday I could have believed it was just coaches talk, but he REALLY thinks he is going to make a difference by not making an announcement. 

e_dub

Quote from: PulledPork on October 19, 2005, 02:20:37 pm
Main Entry: 3rival
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): ri·valed or ri·valled; ri·val·ing or ri·val·ling /'rIv-(&-)li[ng]/
intransitive senses : to act as a rival : COMPETE
transitive senses
1 : to be in competition with
2 : to strive to equal or excel : EMULATE
3 : to possess qualities or aptitudes that approach or equal (those of another)

I don't know if our game with Jawga would qualify as one might say, "Rivalry"

No, more like complete domination with a little bit of ass-rapage mixed in.

HogsRule

man again with you guys blaming Nutt for everything. If he announced Casey Dick as the starter you'd be calling him an idiot for tipping his hand. What did you already run out of stuff he really screwed up?
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

preunions

All I know is that this is just some more offensive genius. Amazing.

WILL CLINTON

Today, in a story on the sloap, ''I don't know what's going to happen with Arkansas's QB situation," said Richt. "That gives us grief not knowing who to prepare for.'' someone please tell richt not to encourage Nutt.  I am wondering, however, how he said this without at least cracking a smile.  They must have edited out all the laughter. 
"I...hahaha...dont know what's...hahahaha....going to happen with Arkan....hahahaha...arkansas' QB....bwaaahahahahahaha....situation.  Wait, can we start this interview over, I know I can do it better this time."