Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If the Hogs make the post season next year

Started by TomBigBeeHog, April 17, 2015, 10:28:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomBigBeeHog

will that rank as one of MA's best coaching achievements in his career, considering all that we have lost? Talking NCAA, not NIT.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

lefty08

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on April 17, 2015, 10:28:12 pm
will that rank as one of MA's best coaching achievements in his career, considering all that we have lost? Talking NCAA, not NIT.

Let's wait and see who else he brings in before declaring this team hopeless
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

gmarv

wheelspigharvey

I feel as though next year our bigs simply need to be solid and play within themselves.   We will certainly need Moses, Trey and Jacorey to play the best ball they have ever played, but at the same time they will not be expected to put their team on their back like Bobby did. 

I think our current guards and Whitt are capable of stepping up, we will see if they do it.

pigture perfect

If we make it next year, I'd be tickled pink. It would also convince me we are on the right track.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TrueBlue

What does it mean if we finish .500?

How about with 17 wins and NIT?

Definitely will be interesting to say the least, especially if we finish just above .500. Will the faithful turn?

razorbackchamps94

The_Bionic_Pig

April 18, 2015, 11:09:35 am #7 Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:37:58 am by The_Bionic_Pig
Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on January 20, 2015, 09:40:25 pm
How is it way off the mark??? U could say Tenn was 2nd best right now.. But as far as the hogs being 2nd ? Get real ... We're bout 6th as of today

Your awesome on your predictions
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jry04

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on April 18, 2015, 10:00:10 am
15 wins ... No postseason
Not a chance. We won't be very good, but we will win more than 15 games without a doubt.

It would rank up there, but the year that Mike went to the Elite 8, they were picked 7th in the Big 12, and nobody expected them to make the NCAAT. They ended up winning the Big 12 tournament, and winning 30+ games.

TheRazorbackGuy

TomBee, what if CMA leads them to the CBI next year?

nwahogfan1

We will only win no more than 15-17 games next year unless we can recruit a high scoring athletic 3.  I think Whitt will average maybe 10 ppg, if Kapita is completely healthy maybe 6-8 ppg and Hannahs if given enough open looks maybe the same.  But our returning players really were not scorers last year.  I don't see but maybe 30-15 ppg out of them and that maybe be a stretch.  So where will our points come from?  We need some long athletic aggressive kid who  can create his own shot and win some tight games late. 

I just don't see enough scorers left returning or being added yet.

Lets hope I am wrong.

870hogfan

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 18, 2015, 12:11:04 pm
TomBee, what if CMA leads them to the CBI next year?

You really hope that don't you?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

I'm saying:

9-4 non con...... 9-9 conf..... 18-13 looking for a big run in the sec tourney.... wins at least 20 for the year....

signs a BIIIIGGG class in 2016... all is well.. WPS :razorback:

Swinesong1

Quote from: Kevin on April 18, 2015, 03:10:13 pm
Year 5 and hoping for NIT.
I'm still wondering why a great coach such as yourself isn't on some NBÀ team's staff.  Oh...and I'm still waiting for you to post your great coaching record.

TheRazorbackGuy

April 18, 2015, 04:27:14 pm #15 Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:57:52 pm by TheRazorbackGuy
Quote from: 870hogfan on April 18, 2015, 01:50:29 pm

You really hope that don't you?

Nope but this team could be a CBI level team

rhog1

Maybe we should actually play a few games next season before everyone jumps on the doom and gloom bandwagon. Truth is no one has a clue how this team is going to perform next season. Maybe Portis playing so much was hurting Kingsley and he has a breakout season next year. Maybe Whitt is the freshman of the year and is a superstar for us. No one knows which is why I am surprised to see so much negativity.

HF#1

Most of you are overreacting.  It's not as bad as it seems.  You act like we have to get 15 new players. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dugann

They will make the post season next year.   They sky is not falling, and rat spit pissing tired of hearing that.  Track record proves it.  We might now go to second round, we may have more L's.  He will get us there. 
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

gmarv

Quote from: rhog1 on April 18, 2015, 05:19:54 pm
Maybe we should actually play a few games next season before everyone jumps on the doom and gloom bandwagon. Truth is no one has a clue how this team is going to perform next season. Maybe Portis playing so much was hurting Kingsley and he has a breakout season next year. Maybe Whitt is the freshman of the year and is a superstar for us. No one knows which is why I am surprised to see so much negativity.
surely your not really surprised,some have waited most of the year to rail on mike Anderson.

latrops

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 18, 2015, 04:27:14 pm
Nope but this team could be a CBI level team

First, it is very doubtful we'd participate in the CBI even if that's where things end up.  Wasn't the CBI or CIT available after Mikes first two years here?  We didn't go that route then, so I don't see why we would next year. 

Beyond that, so what if next year is disappointing?  I'm not saying that a bad year is OK, but it doesn't exist by itself.  It is one out of five.  All five must be considered, as well as where things are projecting based on the skills/progress of the younger players and the perception of the incoming recruits. 

I'm not very optimistic about next year, but I'm more concerned about the direction things appear to be heading at this time next year than I am right now.  Mike has done a good enough job so far to get a one year pass.  Hopefully next year goes better than expected and he doesn't need it.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: latrops on April 19, 2015, 08:37:30 am
First, it is very doubtful we'd participate in the CBI even if that's where things end up.  Wasn't the CBI or CIT available after Mikes first two years here?  We didn't go that route then, so I don't see why we would next year. 

Beyond that, so what if next year is disappointing?  I'm not saying that a bad year is OK, but it doesn't exist by itself.  It is one out of five.  All five must be considered, as well as where things are projecting based on the skills/progress of the younger players and the perception of the incoming recruits. 

I'm not very optimistic about next year, but I'm more concerned about the direction things appear to be heading at this time next year than I am right now.  Mike has done a good enough job so far to get a one year pass.  Hopefully next year goes better than expected and he doesn't need it.
Jeff Long will accept an invite to the CBI because this young rebuilding team will need the extra practices and extra games. Its a no brainer to play in whatever postseason tournament you get a chance at.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 19, 2015, 10:04:30 am
Jeff Long will accept an invite to the CBI because this young rebuilding team will need the extra practices and extra games. Its a no brainer to play in whatever postseason tournament you get a chance at.
It's a no brainer to play in the CBI? We have passed on it several times with young teams. And oh by the way, only on one occasion has a SEC team played in the CBI (A&M). I don't know how we'll perform in 15-16 but one certainty is no CBI participation.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: gnick4 on April 19, 2015, 10:59:51 am
I see the haters are out in force these days......I guess MA didn't have anything to do with two guys leaving early for the draft.

What I love is that if you look at it the optimists have been right.  What will happen with BJ, Marshawn, and Mick gone?  What will happen with Coty Clark and all those senior guards gone?

Breems

Quote from: gnick4 on April 19, 2015, 10:59:51 am
I see the haters are out in force these days......I guess MA didn't have anything to do with two guys leaving early for the draft.

All we need is a Malik Monk commitment this year and they'll be gone for the next couple of years.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Breems on April 19, 2015, 11:24:12 am
All we need is a Malik Monk commitment this year and they'll be gone for the next couple of years.

Breems, Im not the hater. I'm just looking at things objectively. This team is going to struggle next year. Even with two NBA guys we still had 12 games decided by 5 points or less. We losing 4 starters, and losing all of our offensive rebounding. Next year will be a struggle with a young team in a rebuilding season. Monk is the objective next year. I agree I want him and next years struggles could pay off in 2016-2017 as result.

Arazorbackguy1

No one will care after we win the NC in football.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Swinesong1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 19, 2015, 12:01:59 pm
Breems, Im not the hater. I'm just looking at things objectively. This team is going to struggle next year. Even with two NBA guys we still had 12 games decided by 5 points or less. We losing 4 starters, and losing all of our offensive rebounding. Next year will be a struggle with a young team in a rebuilding season. Monk is the objective next year. I agree I want him and next years struggles could pay off in 2016-2017 as result.
Post history says otherwise.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 19, 2015, 01:14:57 pm
No one will care after we win the NC in football.

Now that would be the best! I'd give up all track titles for one common era football title (1998-present)

sickboy

All I know for sure is that our programs decade and some change lull has reeked havock on our fanbase's basketball IQ. It's like half of you don't watch basketball outside of the Razorbacks and thus have no grounding in what a solid program looks and functions like...

popcornhog

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 18, 2015, 09:29:14 am
What does it mean if we finish .500?

How about with 17 wins and NIT?

Definitely will be interesting to say the least, especially if we finish just above .500. Will the faithful turn?

I'd consider the NIT a success next year. I hate admitting that. This year was so much fun and it felt like we were getting close.
WPS

HotlantaHog

I think we will be a lot better than the Jump Ball consensus. I believe Hogs are likely to be a solid or at least bubble NCAA team. Way too early for so much negativity.

WorfHog

April 20, 2015, 09:03:35 am #32 Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:57:19 am by WorfHog
You guys that have no faith in Mike's coaching abilities. You think he's a bad coach, I wish you'd just admit that.

popcornhog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on April 20, 2015, 09:02:41 am
I think we will be a lot better than the Jump Ball consensus. I believe Hogs are likely to be a solid or at least bubble NCAA team. Way too early for so much negativity.

Why do you think that?

Btw, I'm not being negative, I just don't think we'll have enought talent or experience to get into the bubble type conversation.

The 2016 class could get us back to where we were last year or even better though, especially with Whitt/Kapita as sophomores and Beard as a junior.
WPS

HotlantaHog

There is an element of blind faith in it, but if you look at Mike's record at UAB and at Mizzou, there was some consistency year to year. Yes, Arkansas is losing its two best players (arguably three if you include Madden.) But there are a fair number of players who have been in the system awhile, and might step up to larger roles. Plus some exciting newcomers who could be impact players.

But essentially my faith at this point is from looking at MA's history, rather than the individual players we have ... And these players are all MA recruits who should fit into the system -- I just think we are beyond the recovery stage we were at four years ago.