Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alandise Harris Future

Started by lrar4hogs, March 06, 2015, 06:26:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lrar4hogs

Harris has been a solid division I basketball player, but most likely won't translate to the NBA level.  His size and body control would be ideal for a NFL tightend much like Antonio Gates.  Even Jimmy Graham didn't play much while on the Miami basketball team.  Harris would have to put on 10 to 20 pounds but that would not be a problem considering his cardio would be drastically different than Razorback basketball where players are in a constant sprint up and down the court.  To me Harris just seems like a natural fit for tightend in football.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: lrar4hogs on March 06, 2015, 06:26:49 pm
Harris has been a solid division I basketball player, but most likely won't translate to the NBA level.  His size and body control would be ideal for a NFL tightend much like Antonio Gates.  Even Jimmy Graham didn't play much while on the Miami basketball team.  Harris would have to put on 10 to 20 pounds but that would not be a problem considering his cardio would be drastically different than Razorback basketball where players are in a constant sprint up and down the court.  To me Harris just seems like a natural fit for tightend in football.

He would be perfect going up backwards for a ball across the middle.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

WBOBO

Alandise  has said he always hated playing football.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Dr. Starcs

sowmonella

Hopeful he will make some money playing ball in Europe or South America. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Randy Johnson

opineonswine

A real Hog in my opinion.  I wish him well.

daprospecta

I dunno. If draymond green got a shot, I'm sure harris will get a summer league chance.

The real Hogules

Quote from: daprospecta on March 06, 2015, 07:46:30 pm
I dunno. If draymond green got a shot, I'm sure harris will get a summer league chance.
I SERIOUSLY doubt it.
I appreciate that he came home and sat out a season to play for the Hogs, but the guy couldn't guard a stop sign!
His shooting is streaky and that's being nice.
He would have had a lot more success if he had played on a college team that played mostly zone defense, which isn't a possibility in the NBA.
Once again, I appreciate him choosing the Hogs, but it just wasn't a good fit, IMHO.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HSVhogfan2

God bless him for changing his role during the middle of this season to look for his shot less and play D more, but he is not a pro anywhere in the world. Hopefully he will stay in NWA and contribute in the corporate world and in the community.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

WPS501

Not every hog is going to pan out professionally, and Harris is one of them.

moses_007

Well, I would have never thought Patrick Beverly could make it in the NBA, but he has.  So, you never know.  Madden and Harris might both make it.

greasy_corner

Quote from: opineonswine on March 06, 2015, 07:33:31 pm

We all have a chance to do that tomorrow.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: moses_007 on March 06, 2015, 11:42:02 pm
Well, I would have never thought Patrick Beverly could make it in the NBA, but he has.  So, you never know.  Madden and Harris might both make it.
Madden has a much better chance of making the NBA than Harris. Neither one have a great chance but I can give you a 100% guarantee that Harris will never play in the NBA. I wish all Hogs could make it there but the NBA isn't in the market for 6'5 power forwards. If you are a small 4, you better be an incredible offensive player to make up for the mismatch you'll be subjected to night in and night out while on defense.

I have always wondered if Harris will try football when he finishes his career here. He's very athletic and his height would be a strength in football as opposed to it being a detriment in basketball. Anyone have an idea why he supposedly is against it?

Hollywood_HOGan45

I like alandise as a player. We don't win at Uga without him.

Also had a huge block vs ole miss.

lefty08

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 07, 2015, 06:13:08 am
I like alandise as a player. We don't win at Uga without him.

Also had a huge block vs ole miss.

Yeah, not sure why threads like this are even made
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PonderinHog

Quote from: lefty08 on March 07, 2015, 07:10:17 am
Yeah, not sure why threads like this are even made
The "nowhere in the world" comments are borderline absurd.  Someone will pay him to play if he wants to go that route.  Best of luck to him and thanks for being a  :razorback:

GS99

I saw him play basketball in high school and someone said he was a D1 prospect and I said "for football, right?". 

He could try to play football if he wants, but it'd be an uphill battle with no experience.

He might be able to play basketball somewhere.  He'll be 25 years old in the fall and they're not going to take him on potential, but there are a lot of leagues around the world and opportunities for someone who was a decent D1 player.  I wish him the best.  He was a solid Hog.

Jackrabbit Hog

If a guy wants to be a Hog and gives great effort while he is here, like Alandis, he's a winner in my book.  That being said ...

Put Alandis on the New England Patriots with Tom Brady throwing the ball to him, and you'd have . . . . an awkward looking guy dropping balls.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

1990sHogBallChild

If we have 4 NBA players right now.... MA shouldn't have a job because we should be a top 3 or 4 team in the country if that was the case. Honestly, Qualls may not even be drafted if he comes out early this year. He would be wise to come back and hopefully improve his stock. I think people forgot that basketball has around 350 DI teams and only 60 players get drafted including foriegn players galore now. Plus, only the first rounders get a guaranteed contract.... Madden and Harris have been exemplary Razorbacks but they are not making it to the NBA. Qualls needs to come back. He isn't a first rounder at all yet. I love watching those guys, but that's my opinion removing the homer in me.

Tim

Not even a chance

mhuff

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 07, 2015, 08:06:20 am
The "nowhere in the world" comments are borderline absurd.  Someone will pay him to play if he wants to go that route.  Best of luck to him and thanks for being a  :razorback:

I think he has a chance to play overseas.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: mhuff on March 07, 2015, 11:55:04 am
I think he has a chance to play overseas.
Definitely can play overseas, IMO. I'm friends with Billy Pharis, he's played overseas for like 10 years now. Harris is a much better player than Billy.

husker71

Barako Bull Energy or San Miguel Beerman of the PBA.  Heck Wayne Chism is a star over there.  Salary is (was) $7600 per month plus free housing in luxury hotel plus car and driver. 

Overtheroadtruckdriver

He raises Siberia huskies.  Pretty good gig while playing division 1 basketball. 

That's the kind of inside dope you dummies ain't gonna get anywhere but from OTR.

TNhawgfan

Is there really a need for a thread on harris basketball future? It's not playing ball
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

husker71

MemphisBossHog

He may get a summer league shot and might accidentally get asked to some team's preseason camp but as much as I would be pulling for him, he is just not NBA material.  He isnt big enough to battle down low in the NBA and he misses way way way too many shots to have a chance as a 3-wing player.

Draymond Green can shoot NBA 3pointers.  He isnt Steph Curry but can hit them.  AHarris cant even hit college 3s.   He just does not shoot the ball well enough to have a shot in the NBA.  He might have a decent motor but the D League is full of players who try really hard.  AHarris may surprise a lot of people and I hope he does, but most likely he will need to go overseas if he wants to get paid to play basketball.

intelligence

Quote from: opineonswine on March 06, 2015, 07:33:31 pm

Yep. frick the haters.

jry04

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 07, 2015, 04:19:41 pm
Is there really a need for a thread on harris basketball future? It's not playing ball
If he wants to play basketball he will. Sorry to be rude, but you are an idiot if you do not think he can play overseas. No reason to be negative about the kid.

Is there a need for your to post in a thread like this?

TNhawgfan

I wasnt trying to be mean. I don't think an NBA team even gives him a shot. If we wants to go overseas and play, good for him. Hopefully he'll get his duploma and be set either way. Not a Harris hater
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

husker71

I have been traveled  lot overseas and as a basketball junkie I try to see as much as I can.  I know he can play somewhere.  You look in South America and they get a whole bunch of guys who played Div 2 and 3.  Europe is better but if you google some of the leagues and get their roster there are a lot of guys who never played in any big conference and we know what Harris would do at that level    probably POY.   Truthfully go to PBA and look at the teams roster and see if any of those guys ring a bell. 

husker71

Most of Europe has at least 2 divisions depending on the talent

lrar4hogs

I was not hating when I started this thread.  I simply thought he was the right athlete for tightend.  He is a great razorback.  Apparently he didn't hate football too much, as one poster said.   I think its cool that he his giving the NFL a chance.  The success of tightends in the NFL with similar circumstances as his is giving Alandise hope of making a roster and maybe a decent NFL player.  Good luck to Alandise.