Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thad Matta Fired at Ohio State

Started by The_Iceman, June 05, 2017, 01:49:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 08, 2017, 06:54:50 pm
First, Ohio State isn't elite.

Second, it's been rumored that health issues may have been the real reason behind this move.

How do you define elite? I guess they're elite Lite after the top-top tier of UK/Duke/UNC/UCLA type schools, but they're a top 10 or so basketball school since current 17-18 year old recruits were born in 1999-2000.
WPS

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 06, 2017, 12:59:26 pm
Jay Bilas said, "I think he's about my age, 57."  Then followed that up with, "Maybe I shouldn't have said that.  He may call and ask how old do you think I am?"

It appears Jay's gut was correct in that he was a bit off.  Thad will be 50 next month.
Jay Bilas is only 53

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on June 25, 2017, 01:54:29 am
Jay Bilas is only 53

He's still an a$$ and probably always will be no matter what age he is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ShadowHawg

Quote from: popcornhog on June 23, 2017, 09:48:39 pm
How do you define elite? I guess they're elite Lite after the top-top tier of UK/Duke/UNC/UCLA type schools, but they're a top 10 or so basketball school since current 17-18 year old recruits were born in 1999-2000.

I look at their program to see elite all I have to do is look at their football. The basketball program has not been its equivalent and was on a steady down trend to the point they slipped right of the top 15 and who knows how far back because at that point, the only difference between the next 25 programs in that tier is their trend. If they are trending up they could jump to the fringes of top 15. Trending down can find themselves in an argument for 30 to 40 range.

Basically if people are arguing as to whether you are elite or not, then you are not elite. Being elite is self evident and not up for discussion.

In the last 3 SEC seasons Arkansas trails only Kentucky in some key areas like wins, tournament appearances, conference wins, appearances in conference tournament finals.

Has Arkansas become elite within our conference? I say no. Elite programs SUSTAIN success. it isn't sporadic.

Sustaining is not a word I would use to describe Ohio State basketball success.

hog.goblin

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on June 25, 2017, 01:54:29 am
Jay Bilas is only 53

So not only did he screw up Thad's age, he messes up his own.  Duke education...

NWAHog479

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: NWAHog479 on June 26, 2017, 08:32:23 am
Put Thad on staff...
yes let's pull an Alabama Football trick and start hiring these guys as consultants.