Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Jalen Harris worth it?

Started by SportsLife, May 01, 2017, 09:03:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Pigswill on May 06, 2017, 06:54:29 pm
What??? I was so happy to see Jabril Durham go! Fast and out of control is not a desirable skill set in my mind. Durham was not in Macon's league at all.

I won't go that far but I do think it's funny how many people long for a player like Durham again.  He definitely is not in macons caliber.  Durham didn't play hardly for an NCAA team and Macon starred for one.  Durham then got a lot of assists the next year for a not very good team due to high usage.  Macon is a honestly probably a better passer and ball handler too, he just doesn't pass as much because he's such a great offensive weapon himself.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 01, 2017, 11:45:24 pm
It's a good question.  All I know is that this guy has and-one mixtape handles and can rise up and dunk with ease.  I like the potential and depth if nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz2vLU0jpfA
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Here's another one. Looks worth it to me. I think I can wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFkSeQpMwc

When is the last time we've had a true point guard that's quick with handles like this... :-\

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 09, 2017, 04:11:23 pm
Here's another one. Looks worth it to me. I think I can wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFkSeQpMwc

When is the last time we've had a true point guard that's quick with handles like this... :-\

The boy is cold! Reminds me of Mayberry in the open court.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 09, 2017, 05:40:50 pm
The boy is cold! Reminds me of Mayberry in the open court.
Yep, hopefully he can get his 3-point shot as good as Mayberry did. He looks quicker and faster though...

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 10, 2017, 08:33:15 am
Yep, hopefully he can get his 3-point shot as good as Mayberry did. He looks quicker and faster though...

Mayberry was deceptively quick with the ball and he really pushed the tempo. Go back and watch him kill Texas with the dagger at the buzzer to get us into overtime where we then killed the Bevo boys. With about four seconds to go and the Hogs down three, Mayberry rebounded a missed free throw and glided up the sideline did a hesitation move and head bob while going between the legs and pulling up for a three that hit nothing but net as time expired. Hog heaven baby.

I see a lot of Mayberry in this kid if, as you say, he gets his three point pct up to Mayberry's level and also learns to play that sneaky hands defense that got so many steals for Mayberry. I love the potential. Great pickup.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 10, 2017, 11:30:53 am
Mayberry was deceptively quick with the ball and he really pushed the tempo. Go back and watch him kill Texas with the dagger at the buzzer to get us into overtime where we then killed the Bevo boys. With about four seconds to go and the Hogs down three, Mayberry rebounded a missed free throw and glided up the sideline did a hesitation move and head bob while going between the legs and pulling up for a three that hit nothing but net as time expired. Hog heaven baby.

I see a lot of Mayberry in this kid if, as you say, he gets his three point pct up to Mayberry's level and also learns to play that sneaky hands defense that got so many steals for Mayberry. I love the potential. Great pickup.
Will do. If I can find it. What year was that again?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 10, 2017, 01:38:24 pm
Will do. If I can find it. What year was that again?

Start at the 6:36 mark.

He got the rebound with 10 seconds left, the shot leaves his hand with six seconds left and goes through the net with four seconds left and time runs out.

Ranked third in the nation at the time. Sweet win over a rival on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgdzJH4Tn8&t=522s
Hogs up! Covid down!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 10, 2017, 02:36:25 pm
Start at the 6:36 mark.

He got the rebound with 10 seconds left, the shot leaves his hand with six seconds left and goes through the net with four seconds left and time runs out.

Ranked third in the nation at the time. Sweet win over a rival on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgdzJH4Tn8&t=522s
Cool...Thanks...

Youngsta71701

Yeah, Mayberry was a lot quicker and faster than I remembered. I must have been thinking about Corey Beck. lol...

Big Nasty 34

To answer the OP, with Macon coming back, there should be no question that Jalen is worth it. Should be some great practices this year!

The_Bionic_Pig

His job is to learn the system this season and along with Khalil Garland run the system in 2018-19 until the incoming Freshmen guards adapt. Meanwhile CJ Jones & Isaiah Joe are launching 3's at a mind boggling rate.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 10, 2017, 06:13:22 pm
His job is to learn the system this season and along with Khalil Garland run the system in 2018-19 until the incoming Freshmen guards adapt. Meanwhile CJ Jones & Isaiah Joe are launching 3's at a mind boggling rate.
Warriors 2.0? ;D

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 10, 2017, 06:13:22 pm

This is gonna be so sweet. Next year is looking to be a real treat but the recruiting rankings project that '18 and '19 could be even more special. It's what every Hog fan has been waiting for and I am glad things are looking so great, in terms of sustained success, after all of the misery we as a fan base have gone through.

It's time to push Florida aside and knock Kentucky off of the SEC throne. We have the horses to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney as well. We've paid our dues, let's see if we have now earned the favor of the basketball gods.
Hogs up! Covid down!