Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dynamic Duo in Razorback Backfield

Started by gdumont, April 13, 2017, 10:36:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

factchecker

It sounds like is going to be WWW with Williams (RWIII), Whaley, and Williams (Maleek - Early Enroll Freshman).  Coaches and players are talking like Maleek is the real deal.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RagingHawgOn

longpig

40/30/30 RW3/Whaley/Williams

Noticed they're #22, #21 and #23.   ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

GoHogzzGo

I like WWWIII! I don't think maleek will actually get that much play early. Look at devwah last year, when kody walker was struggling a bit anyway.

I also think Chase Hayden will show immediate skills.

Knowing we have those four is very impressive and I'm excited to see what they can do, I enjoy the games where our running backs completely dominated. I see a 45/40/ and 15 to some mix of freshman and TJ on WR sweeps.

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

theFlyingHog

010HogFan

Maleek Williams might have the most raw ability of the 3. Alex Collins/Fournette hybrid

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: 010HogFan on April 14, 2017, 03:01:13 pm
Maleek Williams might have the most raw ability of the 3. Alex Collins/Fournette hybrid

Not so fast my friend...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

perfectgame

maleek ran a 10.8 100 meter as a soph

247Hog

Quote from: perfectgame on April 14, 2017, 08:19:21 pm

Maleek is going to be a huge asset for us. His threat for a screen pass or wheel route will be huge.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

lumphog

hawgmasta

Nice, and he's not a little guy either. As usual we should be stacked in the backfield.

factchecker

RWIII:

Devwah Whaley:

Maleek Williams:

and let's not forget Chase Hayden:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rhames

I'm excited to see our backfield. Should be the best in the SEC.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ChitownHawg

Straight line speed isn't a good indicator of football ability. What plays require that for an RB?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

perfectgame

we already know he has football ability. 10.8 might show he has the breakaway speed many pointed out Alex Collins didn't have.

Smalltownhog95

Williams most yards and TDs. Whaley best ypc.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: perfectgame on April 15, 2017, 03:02:32 pm
we already know he has football ability. 10.8 might show he has the breakaway speed many pointed out Alex Collins didn't have.

I think I will take this guy's word for it as he seems to know a little about football:

"The time-speed is always a tricky thing because time-speed isn't football speed," Belichick said. "When you run a 40-yard dash there's nobody in front of you, nobody's going to hit you. It's just Point A to Point B, and there's something to be said for that. Football's in a lot of cases not like that. So a player's running a ball or running full speed covering a kick or running the ball and there is people in front of him and people trying to tackle him, it's a little different speed than running a sprint on the stop watch."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/23/bill-belichick-explains-time-speed-vs-football-speed/
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

bennyl08

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 15, 2017, 06:56:59 pm
I think I will take this guy's word for it as he seems to know a little about football:

"The time-speed is always a tricky thing because time-speed isn't football speed," Belichick said. "When you run a 40-yard dash there's nobody in front of you, nobody's going to hit you. It's just Point A to Point B, and there's something to be said for that. Football's in a lot of cases not like that. So a player's running a ball or running full speed covering a kick or running the ball and there is people in front of him and people trying to tackle him, it's a little different speed than running a sprint on the stop watch."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/23/bill-belichick-explains-time-speed-vs-football-speed/

The poster you are responding too didn't make the claim that timed speed is the same as football speed.

It's a simple case of rectangles and squares. All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. Everybody who can run fast in less than ideal conditions can run fast in ideal conditions, but not everybody who can fast in track can run fast in football.

Maleek was able to run very fast in a track setting meaning he has the potential to run very fast in a football setting. Doesn't guarantee he will be fast in football, but his ceiling for running fast is higher than somebody who was slower in track than he was.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Ugly Uncle

He did say, "there is something to be said for that..."  So, there is something to be said for his break-a-way speed.  That is a great quality to have.  Someone that can get into the open field and take it to the house.
Retired Radio Host

murthage

Much to do over nothing.... bottom line.  Chase Hayden is fast and shifty.  He will be the real deal when his time comes.  Plus, he is an outstanding Uncommon student/athlete.

Be thankful for his commitment to the Hogs.  He could have been a star at a lot of other major schools.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: murthage on April 15, 2017, 07:26:03 pm
Much to do over nothing.... bottom line.  Chase Hayden is fast and shifty.  He will be the real deal when his time comes.  Plus, he is an outstanding Uncommon student/athlete.

Be thankful for his commitment to the Hogs.  He could have been a star at a lot of other major schools.

AYSM?  The kid might be uncommon, but he isn't more worthy than the RBs already on the Hill. Much ado my ass.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2017, 07:09:08 pm
The poster you are responding too didn't make the claim that timed speed is the same as football speed.

It's a simple case of rectangles and squares. All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. Everybody who can run fast in less than ideal conditions can run fast in ideal conditions, but not everybody who can fast in track can run fast in football.

Maleek was able to run very fast in a track setting meaning he has the potential to run very fast in a football setting. Doesn't guarantee he will be fast in football, but his ceiling for running fast is higher than somebody who was slower in track than he was.

That is the way I look at it. Now he did go onto use AC. I searched and could not find him running the 100m. He was on his high school 4x100 running the third leg. So he was pretty track fast as well, yet fans complained he was not fast.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 15, 2017, 07:15:20 pm
He did say, "there is something to be said for that..."  So, there is something to be said for his break-a-way speed.  That is a great quality to have.  Someone that can get into the open field and take it to the house.

I agree. I was simply responding to someone who posted his 100m time with no other comment. I definitely would prefer a back who could run 10.8 over an 11.8.

Maleek is a Hog, so I am cheering for the young man.

bennyl08

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 15, 2017, 08:16:44 pm
I agree. I was simply responding to someone who posted his 100m time with no other comment. I definitely would prefer a back who could run 10.8 over an 11.8.

Maleek is a Hog, so I am cheering for the young man.

While the poster had previously basically just posted the 100m time, the post you quoted included clarification from said poster saying that it doesn't guarantee a fast football player but shows the potential for speed, which is what you later said is the way you also look at it.

At the end of the day, much ado about nothing. Both you and the other poster are saying the same things, just don't realize it.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: murthage on April 15, 2017, 07:26:03 pm

Nate Holmes was fast and shifty, even by SEC standards. He transferred out. Korliss Marshall was fast and shifty and perhaps moreso than Holmes, he transferred out.

Next in the queue is TJ Hammonds who is to a large degree transferring out of the RB position and into the WR position. Hayden will arrive in the summer...

Fast and shifty is good, but as our recent past has shown, there's a lot more too it than that. Will Chase learn to have power? Not dance in backfield and lose yards? Pass block? Learn how to cut upfield and take what is there and get 3-4 yards rather than constantly stringing it outside try and get more but only getting 1-2? Will he learn how to run patiently and allow the blocks to set up before he gets there? Learn that holding onto the football is the most important thing?

If so, then he will very likely be the next real deal in the long list of real deals like Whaley, Williams III, Collins, Williams, Davis, Smith, Jones, McFadden, ...

hawgdavis

CH has a ton of break away speed, tremendous vision and amazing  ability to change direction on a dime(break ankles kinda moves) he will be fun to watch over the next few years.

hawgdavis

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2017, 08:35:25 pm
Nate Holmes was fast and shifty, even by SEC standards. He transferred out. Korliss Marshall was fast and shifty and perhaps moreso than Holmes, he transferred out.

Next in the queue is TJ Hammonds who is to a large degree transferring out of the RB position and into the WR position. Hayden will arrive in the summer...

Fast and shifty is good, but as our recent past has shown, there's a lot more too it than that. Will Chase learn to have power? Not dance in backfield and lose yards? Pass block? Learn how to cut upfield and take what is there and get 3-4 yards rather than constantly stringing it outside try and get more but only getting 1-2? Will he learn how to run patiently and allow the blocks to set up before he gets there? Learn that holding onto the football is the most important thing?

If so, then he will very likely be the next real deal in the long list of real deals like Whaley, Williams III, Collins, Williams, Davis, Smith, Jones, McFadden, ...

Just watching his video he runs with plenty of power, and one hell of a stiff arm, but don't take my word for it just go look at his highlights closely he breaks many tackles and ankles and puts several guys on a he ground with his wicked stiff arm.
I had not watched is highlights previously for some reason. I know football and I was impressed.

murthage

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 15, 2017, 07:38:19 pm
AYSM?  The kid might be uncommon, but he isn't more worthy than the RBs already on the Hill. Much ado my ass.
AYSM?
What's wrong with your reading ability... I clearly stated:  "He will be the real deal when his time comes."  How can that be interpreted as implying that he is more worthy than the RBs already on the hill.  There will be Rbs redshirted... there are 2 true freshmen.  He may be the best of the 2, or not.  That's why we have coaches. 

bennyl08

Quote from: hawgdavis on April 15, 2017, 08:45:00 pm

Just watching his video he runs with plenty of power, and one hell of a stiff arm, but don't take my word for it just go look at his highlights closely he breaks many tackles and ankles and puts several guys on a he ground with his wicked stiff arm.
I had not watched is highlights previously for some reason. I know football and I was impressed.

I'm not. I've watched his hudl highlights thoroughly.

From http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626110.0

QuoteChase Hayden: His top end speed isn't great, but my gosh can he accelerate. I would almost swear he can cover 10 yards faster if is at an almost dead stop than if he is already running full speed. Really loose hips as well and can change direction on a dime without losing speed. Think he'd be a great nickel back.

Also, at least for his senior highlight film, you don't see him putting too many guys on the ground with his stiff arm. Now, he does use a stiff arm quite a bit. However, it's mostly guys diving in desperation to make the tackle and him using him arm to give a few extra inches or him using a juke to allow him to use the defender's own momentum to guide him to the ground with a stiff arm. However, rarely do you see a defender come up solidly on him such that he would be making a wrap up tackle and Hayden uses his arm to completely stop the players momentum and push him down. McFadden would do that from time to time. Not criticizing Hayden with that as most stiff arms are done to guide the already falling defender.

He does escape from some leg tackles showing leg drive, but in his highlights, he doesn't show to be a powerful runner in contrast to styles seen from JWill, RW3, and now Maleek Williams with the latter appearing to have the best top end speed of the group (of power williams).

Given that RW3 will be here for at least this year, Whaley will be here for another 2 at least, and Maleek for the next 3 at least, I envision Chase redshirting this year, becoming the 3rd back in 2018, 2nd back in 2019, and then having 2020 as the top back where he'll then make the decision of whether to stay another year or leave. While his skill set screams nickel corner to me, he can still be a very good RB. Especially with us, he can be a 1k rusher if he wants to be, just that I don't think his skill set will put him ahead of the guys who are currently in front of him.

murthage

It amazes me how hard some of you work to twist an innocent observation of a Memphis resident, who is only trying to give our local stud a positive comment on his ability and how proud we are that he is a Razorback, by digging up crap from the past to imply that he will be a failure and leave.  We have a lot of Great RBs, and until proven otherwise, he is one of them.  His Uncommon status was meant to let you know that he is one you should not expect to fail because of classroom and off field issues.  Clearly, some of your super studs who left in the past, were NOT Uncommon.

bennyl08

Quote from: murthage on April 15, 2017, 10:15:27 pm
It amazes me how hard some of you work to twist an innocent observation of a Memphis resident, who is only trying to give our local stud a positive comment on his ability and how proud we are that he is a Razorback, by digging up crap from the past to imply that he will be a failure and leave.  We have a lot of Great RBs, and until proven otherwise, he is one of them.  His Uncommon status was meant to let you know that he is one you should not expect to fail because of classroom and off field issues.  Clearly, some of your super studs who left in the past, were NOT Uncommon.

Who has tried to imply that he will be a failure or will leave? The only implication I made that he might leave would be after he has a year of being the top back with the implication being leaving to the NFL.

I mentioned other quick and shifty backs to illustrate that those qualities alone do not a good a RB make and was extremely explicit that I was not saying Chase was going to meet the same fate.

I also was explicit in saying that Chase could very well be a 1k rusher for our team if called upon to do so and have expressed nothing but excitement that he is part of our team.

If you are reading negativity about him in my posts, that is not my attempt and I've tried to bend over backwards to make sure that is clear. Yes, I am higher on Maleek as 3 down, 20+ carries game in and game out back than I am Hayden. However, you shouldn't read that as being negative about Chase as a razorback. It is akin to me being higher on Jordan Jones as a receiver than Deon Stewart. I've probably been one of the bigger sunshine pumpers on Stewart's ability as a shifty slot receiver. However if somebody were to talk about him as a go to receiver, I'd mention his size and stature compared to some of our other receivers and why they might be better suited for that role.

murthage

Thanks for the clarification.  It wasn't you.  Have a good night... really.  It is going to be fun watching all of the RBs compete and develop.  Todays practice was a little concerning... too much pressure on QBs.  I know, it is very early.  I am really excited about this team.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2017, 08:29:09 pm
While the poster had previously basically just posted the 100m time, the post you quoted included clarification from said poster saying that it doesn't guarantee a fast football player but shows the potential for speed, which is what you later said is the way you also look at it.

At the end of the day, much ado about nothing. Both you and the other poster are saying the same things, just don't realize it.

Thank you for keeping us straight. Much appreciated. Now you can go back to arguing with Muskogee.  ;)

secneahog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 15, 2017, 08:26:26 am
Straight line speed isn't a good indicator of football ability. What plays require that for an RB?

When a rb puts his foot in the ground and gets up field?.....
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ChitownHawg

April 16, 2017, 08:23:38 am #36 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:34:26 am by ChitownHawg
Quote from: secneahog on April 16, 2017, 08:15:44 am
When a rb puts his foot in the ground and gets up field?.....

I guess that would count... if there is no DT or LB in front of him. He has to get past the LOS and to the open field for straight line speed to be of consequence. Where I am excited about for Maleek is he is big and has some wiggle.

Again, a big part of my point was when people feel AC did not have straight line speed is wrong. Like Maleek, he ran track in highly competitive Florida. Maleek probably is not that much faster than AC.

If Maleek ends his Hog career with the same stats as AC (3 - 1000 yard seasons) then I will be very happy. But that will be hard to do as he has two RBs in front of him. AC only had to compete with JWill for touches.

-----Edit----

Maleek has a 247 rating of 0.8515  position rank 39 // AC was 0.9795 position rank 5 // Devwah was 0.9593 rank 3

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 15, 2017, 08:26:26 am

One where they are trying to outrun a tackler...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

secneahog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 16, 2017, 08:23:38 am
I guess that would count... if there is no DT or LB in front of him. He has to get past the LOS and to the open field for straight line speed to be of consequence. Where I am excited about for Maleek is he is big and has some wiggle.

Again, a big part of my point was when people feel AC did not have straight line speed is wrong. He ran track in highly competitive Florida. Maleek probably is not that much faster than AC.

If Maleek ends his Hog career with the same stats as AC (3 - 1000 yard seasons) then I will be very happy. But that will be hard to do as he has two RBs in front of him. AC only had to compete with JWill for touches.

-----Edit----

Maleek has a 247 rating of 0.8515  position rank 39 // AC was 0.9795 position rank 5 // Devwah was 0.9593 rank 3

Maleek ran a 4.42 40 in High school...AC never sniffed the 4.4s....
AC has some great qualities, but were talking about straight line speed. 

Of course, in football, youll have to shake a defender etc, but to downgrade straight line speed in football is foolish. 
Its the difference in picking up a few more yards,  it makes defenders respect certain angles, bc they know how quick youre in a straight line.

When you make that defender miss at the LOS, that requires you to slow down most of the time, then guess what happens?...Your straight line speed will get you up the field .  Its hard to find a back that has burner speed, Korliss Marshall was that dude, very rare.  Maleek ran under a 11 second 100 meters, aka burner also.   

We had ONE burner at wr last year, that was able to play on saturdays. He just couldnt run routes with busting. Now we have 3 wrs that are burners, that we can trust.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

bennyl08

Quote from: secneahog on April 16, 2017, 08:42:16 am

Umm, I highly doubt that. He is listed as running a 4.42 on hudl's page, but they show whether the reported numbers are actually verified of if that is just what the player/coach claims the player can do. That 4.42? Yeah, not verified. Maleek is fast, but he's not low 4.4's fast. ESPN reports him running a 4.59 forty which other sources show is what he ran at the regional sparq combine a year ago. I'd say he can now run it faster than that, but his limit is probably high 4.4's to low 4.5's.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/getting-excited/100334/3

QuoteWhen you make that defender miss at the LOS, that requires you to slow down most of the time, then guess what happens?...Your straight line speed will get you up the field .  Its hard to find a back that has burner speed, Korliss Marshall was that dude, very rare.  Maleek ran under a 11 second 100 meters, aka burner also.

Well, what you need isn't speed there, it's acceleration. A 4.56 player can easily beat a 4.41 player in a 10 yard sprint from rest despite easily losing a 20 yard yard race. That 10  yard speed and being able to make the defender miss without slowing down are two of the most important things for a RB. That top end speed only matters on the relatively uncommon long run where the 4.5 player will get a 30 yard run and the 4.4 will get a 50 yard run.

QuoteWe had ONE burner at wr last year, that was able to play on saturdays. He just couldnt run routes with busting. Now we have 3 wrs that are burners, that we can trust.

We had multiple burners, but we used one primarily (Cornelius). Reed was an elite burner, but he would greatly struggle to play on sundays (which is what I think you meant to say? Not sure) with his lack of strength. We also had several WR's that were able to play on sunday's with hatcher, Cornelius, and Morgan last year.

Now, I trust that Pettway, Stewart, Jones, Martin, and Nance all have the physical tools to be great WR's. Of those, I'd label Pettway, Jones, and Nance as burners to go along with Cornelius. Stewart is a bit quicker than fast and Martin has good speed but not burner speed. He's more of a Brandon Marshall type. However, Cornelius is the only who has proven to be trustworthy in the arena. I trust that the others have the physical tools needed, but I wouldn't say that they are all trustworthy targets under the lights. I wouldn't say they can't be trusted, just that we don't actually know.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: secneahog on April 16, 2017, 08:42:16 am

What was AC's actual times? If he was so slow he would not have been on the 4x100 team. So what was his time?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 16, 2017, 03:02:13 pm
Umm, I highly doubt that. He is listed as running a 4.42 on hudl's page, but they show whether the reported numbers are actually verified of if that is just what the player/coach claims the player can do. That 4.42? Yeah, not verified. Maleek is fast, but he's not low 4.4's fast. ESPN reports him running a 4.59 forty which other sources show is what he ran at the regional sparq combine a year ago. I'd say he can now run it faster than that, but his limit is probably high 4.4's to low 4.5's.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/getting-excited/100334/3

Well, what you need isn't speed there, it's acceleration. A 4.56 player can easily beat a 4.41 player in a 10 yard sprint from rest despite easily losing a 20 yard yard race. That 10  yard speed and being able to make the defender miss without slowing down are two of the most important things for a RB. That top end speed only matters on the relatively uncommon long run where the 4.5 player will get a 30 yard run and the 4.4 will get a 50 yard run.

We had multiple burners, but we used one primarily (Cornelius). Reed was an elite burner, but he would greatly struggle to play on sundays (which is what I think you meant to say? Not sure) with his lack of strength. We also had several WR's that were able to play on sunday's with hatcher, Cornelius, and Morgan last year.

Now, I trust that Pettway, Stewart, Jones, Martin, and Nance all have the physical tools to be great WR's. Of those, I'd label Pettway, Jones, and Nance as burners to go along with Cornelius. Stewart is a bit quicker than fast and Martin has good speed but not burner speed. He's more of a Brandon Marshall type. However, Cornelius is the only who has proven to be trustworthy in the arena. I trust that the others have the physical tools needed, but I wouldn't say that they are all trustworthy targets under the lights. I wouldn't say they can't be trusted, just that we don't actually know.

Good post.

bennyl08

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 16, 2017, 06:22:12 pm
What was AC's actual times? If he was so slow he would not have been on the 4x100 team. So what was his time?

Collins ran a 4.59 laser forty at the NFL combine. He didn't run again at the pro-day; however, almost everybody runs fasters at the arkansas pro day than the combine. Good chance he would have ran a 4.53-4.55 give or take. However, he knew his top end speed wasn't his selling point so he probably didn't think that was worth it, especially if he were to pull a hammy in the process which happens.

Maleek's electronically timed forty was 4.59 as a junior in HS. Don't know whether it was fast or slow surface he was timed on. He'll probably get a bit better, but probably not much.

As for Collin's track speed, this was the best I could find

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=538090.0

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 16, 2017, 06:36:50 pm
Collins ran a 4.59 laser forty at the NFL combine. He didn't run again at the pro-day; however, almost everybody runs fasters at the arkansas pro day than the combine. Good chance he would have ran a 4.53-4.55 give or take. However, he knew his top end speed wasn't his selling point so he probably didn't think that was worth it, especially if he were to pull a hammy in the process which happens.

Maleek's electronically timed forty was 4.59 as a junior in HS. Don't know whether it was fast or slow surface he was timed on. He'll probably get a bit better, but probably not much.

As for Collin's track speed, this was the best I could find

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=538090.0

Thanks for the research data. AC was highly effective for us and if Maleek can do the same then great. We just need to see him in an SEC game. He definitely looks like a great back.

Pigsknuckles

Seems we have enviable backfield options. Everyone is shifty, and fast. Just hope ball security is one the skills our RB stable possesses.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dropkick

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2017, 08:35:25 pm

Korliss didn't transfer out on his own and it had nothing to do with his ability as a back.

bennyl08

Quote from: Dropkick on April 17, 2017, 02:26:40 pm
Korliss didn't transfer out on his own and it had nothing to do with his ability as a back.

He was suspended from the team for violating undisclosed university policy to the degree that Bielema said that he would never be allowed to return to the program.

As for his ability as a back, Bielema complimented his speed saying he could outrun people in the SEC, but as far as actions go, Korliss received about 1/10th of the touches that either JWill or Collins had. In his 2nd year here, 2014, Kody Walker outpaced him in carried 40:25.

Whatever unspeakable crime Korliss committed, he was not on track to be a major player in the run game when he left.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: gdumont on April 13, 2017, 10:36:41 pm
Who do you think will run for more yards in 2017, Rawleigh Williams or Devwah Whaley?

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/dynamic-duo-looking-for-better-year/691794938
Assuming all our backs stay healthy IMO it's RWIII all the way.

little pigee

If it's not that important why do they time them at the combine?
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.