Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to the John Nabors show?! Espn95.3?

Started by Sourpuss, April 11, 2017, 12:09:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourpuss

Why am I sitting here listening to a natl show?

colbs

The station cut ties.  IMO bad decision on their part.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

theshiva

Station really screwed up. He'll land on his feet somewhere tho.

Really miss his media creds tho, his live tweeting and periscope of the fall practices last year were on point. Wish he was there last Saturday.

Sourpuss

Is that the broadcaster that Ruskin was threatened by?  He was railing about someone winning an award and he would be pissed if they did (at some awards ceremony a few weeks ago).   This sucks.  I loved my lunchtime hog peptalk.

Sourpuss

On a side note, it seems, just like last month, and the month before, and the one before that....Local car salesman Larry Rath has really worked himself into a corner this month and has taken too many trades..... AGAIN!  Seems he's REALLY over a barrel this month.  Practically giving them away!  Smh

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Sourpuss on April 11, 2017, 12:26:41 pm
On a side note, it seems, just like last month, and the month before, and the one before that....Local car salesman Larry Rath has really worked himself into a corner this month and has taken too many trades..... AGAIN!  Seems he's REALLY over a barrel this month.  Practically giving them away!  Smh
Who?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

John Snow

That station (99.5 hog sports radio) has had a long history of dumping successful shows for no reasean as they did the same thing twice to a guy who had the greatest  potential Jordan Stuckey (who sounded so much like Pat Bradley) once to him and  former Arkansas running back Michael Smith for an afternoon show  and then again as a morning show with Dave Barr. They also screwed over the Ugly Uncle show and the Jon And Deek show that came on for a couple of months in morning  and then dumped them for no reason back in 2011.

Sourpuss

Sounds to me like somebody needs to put their guns away, go to the kitchen and whip up a home-made "humble pie", put his hat in his hands and ask for forgiveness and please overlook our short sighted error.  And "will you please give us another chance Mr. Nabors?".

woodhog14

Quote from: colbs on April 11, 2017, 12:14:37 pm
The station cut ties.  IMO bad decision on their part.

Why? I really liked his show.

010HogFan

I haven't put my radio on their station since they cut him. Nothing worth listening to anymore.

ThisTeetsTaken

IMO Nabors was the best Hog sports talk show guy in the state.  Bad decision on someone's part.  The young man has talent and a fun personality.  He'll end up somewhere.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tusks

Less than 20 minutes from Rogers and no reasonable offer will be refused.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RazorPiggie

I like listening to Russillo and Kanell anyways.

Arkansas radio continues to get worse. I can't believe they have Nick Mason on in the mornings now. Bo is just kind of annoying. I listen to Trey but he doesn't have a clue who most recruits are.

John Nabors

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Won't be down too long so stay tuned!
Twitter: @RushJohnNabors

www.hitthatline.com

Jzilla

RzRbAcK18

Wondered the same thing, one of my favorites. I like Bo's show but cannot stand the call in's. I have to turn it down anytime someone calls in to give their opinion. That is just me I am sure but it is just one of my things.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: John Nabors on April 11, 2017, 06:06:57 pm
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Won't be down too long so stay tuned!
I think I hear you here.

(notOM)Rebel123

Enjoyed listening to John, Mike, & Dudley during the lunch hour.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MountieDawg

Nabors was trash!  He knew very littl about anything outside of Fayetteville.
SEC!

The_Iceman

John: I frequently tweeted in comments and ideas to you. I was a member of the student section the same years you were there. We experienced many of the same things, and I appreciate your perspective.

Best of luck to you.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: MountieDawg on April 11, 2017, 09:04:58 pm
What else is there to know? 

Mike Irwin

Not knowing and not talking about it are two different things. His show was Razorback oriented. If you're interested in other stuff there are plenty of outlets for that.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I'd love to hear a show with Trey Biddy and Fitz Hill. They both have in depth knowledge of recruits and the program as a whole.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PorkRinds

Without his show we wouldn't have been blessed to hear Mike's rant about Marcus Monk being a traitor. That alone was worth the price of admission.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 12, 2017, 07:34:33 am
Without his show we wouldn't have been blessed to hear Mike's rant about Marcus Monk being a traitor. That alone was worth the price of admission.

I agree. Mike's rant on Marcus Monk was gold!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

got a link?

DeltaBoy

Let us now when your back on.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ironhawg

John are you still on in Northwest Arkansas?

AlmaHog2011

It was epic! Miss that show here in the Fort. Kannel and Russilo are aweful.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 12, 2017, 07:29:15 am
I'd love to hear a show with Trey Biddy and Fitz Hill. They both have in depth knowledge of recruits and the program as a whole.

I wouldn't say Trey has an in depth knowledge of recruits. Now he is good with the practice reports.

NWAHog479

I listen to his show usually the day after through the podcast and follow him on Twitter, really like his perspective and love that he doesn't talk about football the entire time. Gotta talk Hog hoops & baseball as well, both programs are solid as well as football these days. Best of luck John, you will be fine.

The NewEra

As I mentioned to you in a tweet, 103.7 The Buzz would do themselves and the listening public a great service if they would dump that morning crowd and put your show on in their place.  You have the respect of several key media players (Mike Irwin & Dudley to name just two)who have been great guest and given the proper forum you could really build an audience.  It seems that crew they have in the morning are like cock roaches.  They could even survive a direct strike from an astroid. 

Danny J

Sourpuss

Crap! Bring back NABORS!!!!!  Ruskin you power mad nitwit!

colbs

There are not too many good sports shows in the state.  So it sucks that much more when a good show gets cut.  I wish there was more options in Central Arkansas especially during the mornings.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Stephen Greene

my friend Fake Pondwater Jack on Twitter loved your show

he's heartbroken

The OTR

Quote from: Sourpuss on April 12, 2017, 12:31:10 pm
Crap! Bring back NABORS!!!!!  Ruskin you power mad nitwit!

Now hold on a second. 

Ruskin...he's the main draw on that station.  When I hear the names...Derek Ruskin, Tyler Wilson, and Tommy Craft...I think if I could change my name to something cool and kind of tough sounding, I could start with those three names or any combination and be feared and admired....Derek Craft...Tyler Ruskin...Tommy Wilson...Tyler Craft...Tommy Ruskin....they all work.

Before you go popping off you better think about who you're popping off to. Hate to be that way.

rhames

Where can I find your show?

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

Quote from: colbs on April 12, 2017, 12:44:50 pm
There are not too many good sports shows in the state.  So it sucks that much more when a good show gets cut.  I wish there was more options in Central Arkansas especially during the mornings.

I always see this and think "what's a good sports show then?"

Sourpuss

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on April 12, 2017, 09:02:10 am
It was epic! Miss that show here in the Fort. Kannel and Russilo are aweful.
I think I'd rather hear my uncle Ralph on the throne after a big Mexican dinner than have to hear these Jokers every day! Bring him back!  Ruskin!  I know you lurk around here!  Get NABORS back!

RebHog

I liked the show but I hope they keep it the national show. I'm in the vehicle a lot at work and morning local show then 2 national shows followed by local show going home is the perfect mix. With it being that many local shows the same news about the hogs just gets beat to death.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 11, 2017, 10:46:40 pm
Not knowing and not talking about it are two different things. His show was Razorback oriented. If you're interested in other stuff there are plenty of outlets for that.

He would talk about other sports and teams but knew nothing...   Now there is No Outlet to hear John Nabors and I am ok with that.  I do like listening to you Mike, I would listen to your show...  Used to years back on a morning show... Cant remember that station....
SEC!

The OTR

I've heard this guy. He sounds desperate. He gets himself in the same pickle every month and then goes on the radio blabbing about it.  You'd think he'd learn but some of these guys never do. 

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on April 13, 2017, 04:26:26 pm
I've heard this guy. He sounds desperate. He gets himself in the same pickle every month and then goes on the radio blabbing about it.  You'd think he'd learn but some of these guys never do. 

We had a guy in my hometown that always "lost" his lease on his furniture store, he'd close for a day or two and mark everything up 100%, so he could then slash the price in "half". The only place he lost his lease was in his office drawer. He also owned the building, and about 1/2 of the town.

John Snow

Funny thing about the Morning Rush show is that 99.5  dropped them a while back only to bring them back on because they had Clint Storener . Only to let Clint go for Tyler Wilson horrible move.

Sourpuss

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on April 13, 2017, 04:26:26 pm
I am at a total loss. I have never seen a guy get between a rock and a hard place like he has this month!  (Except for last month when he did the same thing, and the month before that ...Well the month before last..Well he1l I guess every month as far back as I can remember). Anyway, this month the self imposed quota is 500 cars!  500!  I don't know how he'll make it. I can't sleep because I walk the floor all night worrying for this poor man. Smh

Sourpuss

Quote from: John Snow on April 13, 2017, 04:46:01 pm
Funny thing about the Morning Rush show is that 99.5  dropped them a while back only to bring them back on because they had Clint Storener . Only to let Clint go for Tyler Wilson horrible move.
Tyler Wilson is perhaps the best thing that has happened to the morning Rush since that time that Ruskin lost his voice for a couple of days.  I love Clint the QB but he stuttered and stammered like he had just woken up most mornings.  Tyler is as cool as the other side of the pillow.  No crutches used, always has a take. If he's a stock I'm buying.  He's a natural.  Now, that being said Stoerner is hundreds of times better since he's gotten the TV gig.