Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is THE YEAR

Started by Wi11ieBeamin, September 30, 2016, 11:47:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wi11ieBeamin

Does everyone realize that if there ever was a year this is it?  We have a top tier QB, home field advantage with all the big dogs, senior leadership along with a majority upper classmen starting lineup, All-SEC caliber players at every level in our defense, a Dline that has depth and talent, and weapons on Offense like we haven't seen since Petrino. I realize we have a kink in our armor with our Oline but I have faith that Brian Wallace's lights have turned on and Froholdt is getting better every game. The AM game was all ours but fumbles and penalities destroyed us and that is something that is easily corrected. Can't wait to show the world what kind of team we really are against Bama. It's gonna be a battle but we're gonna pull it out and go on a run like last year. Call me a Sunshine Pumper all you want but I see it

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

JoeyCapital

I like the D, but I think we may be stretching with All Sec players at every level.

I like the fact that you obviously started the weekend before noon on Friday, though.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Hogfan1660

Sounds good to me and got me believing that anything can happen!!! I'm going to buy me $1000 worth of lottery tickets now that the odds are in our favor...

tophawg19

i think next year is the year of the HOG . So much coming back
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Wi11ieBeamin

Wise, Ellis, and Pulley are all close to the top statistically at their positions

311Hog

You know, i was thinking this could be the break out year we have been hoping for.  I mean 5 of the next 6 games are at home.  We get Bama at home and we should be 4-1 going into that game.  it is definitely possible to get to 9 or 10 wins with our schedule (being at home has to help).

Wi11ieBeamin

Next year worries me because of weapons on O and depth at Dline. Hopefully one of our TE will emerge and Jordon Jones, Deon Stewart, or Pettway all have great off seasons. DLine next year is Beanum, Agim, Capps, and Roesler. With Ramsey, Guidry, and Bijohn. I hope that's enough and also hope that Harris is as good as I think he will be at LB

Wi11ieBeamin

I think the main thing to me is we have leadership in Morgan and Wise. Those guys keep people in the game when we're down. Don't think we would have won that TCU if not for leadership. Highly undervalued asset but that's the kind of players Bielema recruits. Way better than a five star stud that's me me me me

Razorbackers

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 30, 2016, 12:04:21 pm

Ding ding

And even if we lose to Bama and OM, this could be a 9-10 win team. And next year looks even better.

DiamondHogFan

Only if next year was this year then we wouldn't have to worry about the next year.  What year is it again?

scooby21322

But, the top tier opponents we get on the road next year.

MJ2

Quote from: Wi11ieBeamin on September 30, 2016, 11:47:51 am
Does everyone realize that if there ever was a year this is it?  We have a top tier QB, home field advantage with all the big dogs, senior leadership along with a majority upper classmen starting lineup, All-SEC caliber players at every level in our defense, a Dline that has depth and talent, and weapons on Offense like we haven't seen since Petrino. I realize we have a kink in our armor with our Oline but I have faith that Brian Wallace's lights have turned on and Froholdt is getting better every game. The AM game was all ours but fumbles and penalities destroyed us and that is something that is easily corrected. Can't wait to show the world what kind of team we really are against Bama. It's gonna be a battle but we're gonna pull it out and go on a run like last year. Call me a Sunshine Pumper all you want but I see it

Careful, you're already giving us a reason for a down year next year (and an excuse).

JaketheSnake

Quote from: scooby21322 on September 30, 2016, 03:00:35 pm
But, the top tier opponents we get on the road next year.
Good teams have to win on the road.  Next year is setting up nicely as far as players.  We will need a LT to step up.  Get that taken care of and we will be very dangerous. 

Airforcehawg

I am with you and think the year after (2 years from now) will be even better. All this young talent will be Juniors or Seniors, a seasoned AA leading the charge, and most importantly...all the big games will be at home again.

scooby21322

Quote from: Airforcehawg on September 30, 2016, 04:00:50 pm
I am with you and think the year after (2 years from now) will be even better. All this young talent will be Juniors or Seniors, a seasoned AA leading the charge, and most importantly...all the big games will be at home again.

I think AA will be graduated 2 years from now.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: scooby21322 on September 30, 2016, 04:06:12 pm

I think the OP will be graduating from AA if he continues getting hammered before noon!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogcard1964

We're not going to beat them and I don't believe we match up as well with them this season as we did last season.

I hate to say it but they're going to beat us and it won't be as close as the A&M debacle.

Airforcehawg

Quote from: scooby21322 on September 30, 2016, 04:06:12 pm
I don't know why I was thinking he was a red shirt Sophomore.

tophawg19

two years from now , probably sees KELLY taking over the QB spot . Next year we play some of our better teams on the road but if we are good , it won't matter. our QB , RB'S AND O-Line will be more experienced , Depth should be better , with some experience . WR will be younger but more talented . TE will have more experience and with Patterson added should be good . D-line will be good but i wish we had a bit more depth . LB Will have more speed , losing Ellis will hurt but Harris should be ready . we just need experienced depth . Secondary improves with age and playing time
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HiggiePiggy

I like the saying WE ARE ARKANSAS!!!.........there is always next year.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

You fellers be careful and don't wear out the seals in that sunshine pump.  That thing is so old you cannot buy new parts for it anymore.  If BS was brass, we'd have the biggest, best band in the Nation.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

1highhog

We better fix Coaching first if we are to remotely have a chance.  Bama will curb stomp A&M as we should have beaten A&M by at least 2 TD's.  I blame that game more on Coaching than I do on players, both Offense and Defense play calling was horrible and you can say what you want, but when you have a running QB, you don't continually leave the middle of the field wide open for him to run through it whenever he wants to, put a spy on that QB and leave that dude on him all game long, that's his only job, stay at home and that's it.  Offensively, stick to what got you there, don't be so boneheaded that when you get within the 5 yd. line you think you can shove it down a very good stacked defensive line, pass the damn ball, it's worked for weeks, now you got stubborn against a good defense prepared for the run and you want to show you can beat them, guess what, you can't with a weak OLine.  Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Try that against Bama and they will kill us and leave this 2016 Arkansas team battered emotionally, wake up Coaches!

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on September 30, 2016, 12:00:27 pm
Sounds good to me and got me believing that anything can happen!!! I'm going to buy me $1000 worth of lottery tickets now that the odds are in our favor...

hview

Yep, this is the year. We must have had the same dream. :)

Truth is, we have a first year starting QB who hasn't had much experience playing at the college level.  He is a decent QB, not top tier yet, and is hamstrung by operating an offense that runs the ball when every 4th grader and up knows it will be run and probably where it will be run and passes when every 4th grader can be pretty sure it will be a pass.  While we do have a favored home schedule this year, we still play the #1, #9 (already played and lost), #16, #21 (already played and won) and #23 teams in the Nation.  In addition, we play LSU who I suspect will now play their butts off and maybe win out after losing their HC. 
We don't appear to learn much from practice as a team, don't have depth necessary for this to be our year and don't have our competition playing terrible so we can win one due to poor competition.  Nutt preyed on down teams to sometimes win one he shouldn't.  Don't believe that will happen for us this year.  I hope this 6 to 8 win season doesn't represent OUR YEAR.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2016, 09:35:08 am
Truth is, we have a first year starting QB who hasn't had much experience playing at the college level.  He is a decent QB, not top tier yet, and is hamstrung by operating an offense that runs the ball when every 4th grader and up knows it will be run and probably where it will be run and passes when every 4th grader can be pretty sure it will be a pass.  While we do have a favored home schedule this year, we still play the #1, #9 (already played and lost), #16, #21 (already played and won) and #23 teams in the Nation.  In addition, we play LSU who I suspect will now play their butts off and maybe win out after losing their HC. 
We don't appear to learn much from practice as a team, don't have depth necessary for this to be our year and don't have our competition playing terrible so we can win one due to poor competition.  Nutt preyed on down teams to sometimes win one he shouldn't.  Don't believe that will happen for us this year.  I hope this 6 to 8 win season doesn't represent OUR YEAR.

This is a ridiculous comment in many ways. You only say what you wish were true.
[CENSORED]!

farmhawg

We have all the pieces and should win the NC this year! It's our time and the coaches have brilliantly setup this year. They allowed the atm loss to lull bama into a trap. Brilliant!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

razorbackchamps94

The D stinks ... Be lucky to win 7 games

NuttinItUp

If we hadn't lost to A&M, I might agree with you...

farmhawg

Nope, all a smoke screen.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hoggiedawg

kp72204

Sunshine pumper!!!!

farmhawg

We run the rest of the schedule.
From theflyinghog

alohawg

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on October 01, 2016, 07:42:29 pm
The D stinks ... Be lucky to win 7 games

Seems the case, at least the scheme stinks.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

farmhawg

Quote from: alohawg on October 01, 2016, 08:50:27 pm
Seems the case, at least the scheme stinks.
Nope. Just like ol willies defense, we are just setting up bama. You'll see next week.
From theflyinghog

1highhog

Quote from: farmhawg on October 01, 2016, 08:52:41 pm
Nope. Just like ol willies defense, we are just setting up bama. You'll see next week.

Farmhawg, I know you're just blowing off, but man this team would get blown apart by last years team.  It is weak in so many areas that a top 20 team like A&M blew us out and made our defense look silly.  A&M is no where close to a top 10 team, Bama will make them their B*#^*, that is, after they get thru making us squeal like a pig this coming week.  After Bama gets thru with us, Ole Miss will finally get some revenge on us and run up and down RRS and make it look like the Tyson Center.  We have a long road ahead of us this Season.

farmhawg

What you got against squeeling pigs?
From theflyinghog

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

goodguytex

I think have a fantastic shot at having a ten win season this year. I don't know if we can, but if we get enough corrected, it's very possible.

Looking at our next 2 opponents, bama has some vulnerabilities. So does ole Miss. I like our chances of beating ole Miss. Bama is just going to be a war.

farmhawg

10?
Now you are as pesstimistic as that higphramer guy.
From theflyinghog

Pig In The City

Let's just hope we can keep AA upright. If you think for one minute they aren't going to come after our QB, you are crazy. We have real issues on the OL and Saban knows it. I'm hoping they play like men because that is what they will be lining up against. Our season depends on AA staying healthy.