WEST
1. Arkansas     3-0 Next @ Fla.
2. Auburn        2-1 Next @ Kentucky
3. Ole Miss      2-1 Next @ TAMU
4. LSU            2-1 Next @ Vandy
5. Texas A&M  1-2 Next Ole Miss
6. Alabama     1-2 Next @ Tenn.
7. Miss State   0-3 Next @ Missouri

Man, there are NO easy weekends in the SEC!! Three really big series coming up with the big guns of the East squaring off against the big guns of the West. LSU could give Florida some help or Arkansas can give Vandy a lift, then again Florida and Vandy could play havoc with the West.

This is a road weekend for the West with only TAMU at home in a divisional series with Ole Miss while in the East every one but USCE stays home and USCe travels to Georgia for a divisional game.

I will TRY to keep this updated every Sunday night.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: lakecityhog on March 18, 2018, 08:08:12 pm
                     EAST
1. Vanderbilt 3-0 Next  LSU
2. Florida      2-1 Next ARK
3. Georgia     2-1 Next USCe
4. Missouri    1-2 Next Miss State
5. USCe        1-2 Next @ Geo.
6. Tennessee 1-2 Next Bama
7. Kentucky   0-3 Next Auburn

WEST
1. Arkansas     3-0 Next @ Fla.
2. Auburn        2-1 Next @ Kentucky
3. Ole Miss      2-1 Next @ TAMU
4. LSU            2-1 Next @ Vandy
5. Texas A&M  1-2 Next Ole Miss
6. Alabama     1-2 Next @ Tenn.
7. Miss State   0-3 Next @ Missouri

Man, there are NO easy weekends in the SEC!! Three really big series coming up with the big guns of the East squaring off against the big guns of the West. LSU could give Florida some help or Arkansas can give Vandy a lift, then again Florida and Vandy could play havoc with the West.

This is a road weekend for the West with only TAMU at home in a divisional series with Ole Miss while in the East every one but USCE stays home and USCe travels to Georgia for a divisional game.

I will TRY to keep this updated every Sunday night.

I was going to do this later tonight, but I've been stuck in jump ball lowering my iq. Smh.

Thanks!

lakecityhog

Well, you keep an eye on me and if I screw it up you bail me out!
thanks
James

ricepig

OM beat aTm tonight, 5-4. I caught a little of this while surfing between the basketball games, halftimes, etc. aTm blew a late 4-2 lead to lose. OM's closer was tough.

razCzar

A man fan after my own heart, lakecity.
Good OP... informative / well played!
+1

lakecityhog

Guys, sorry for missing last weekend or ever how much I've missed, my wife had a triple bypass almost 2 weeks ago. Been rather busy with that! She is getting stronger daily, but has a long way to go.

EAST
1. Florida      9-3 Next Missouri
2. Georgia     8-4 Next Kentucky
3. Vanderbilt 7-5 Next Ole Miss
4. Missouri    6-6 Next @ Florida
5. Kentucky   5-7 Next @ Georgia
6. Tennessee 5-7 Next @ LSU
7. USCe        5-7 Next @ Arkansas

WEST
1. Arkansas     8-4 Next USCe
2. Ole Miss      7-5 Next @ Vanderbilt
3. LSU            6-6 Next Tennessee
4. Texas A&M  5-7 Next Alabama
5. Alabama     5-7 Next @ Texas A&M
6. Auburn        4-8 Next Miss State
7. Miss State   4-8 Next @ Auburn

Another big weekend coming up for several teams, Ole Miss goes to Vanderbilt, GO DORES!!
LSU looks to maybe gain some ground with Tenner coming to town, we need Vitello to step up right here.
#4 ATM & #5 Bama meet in Aggie Land and 1 of them will lose some ground, I hope Bama takes 2.
Miss State may be headed into a meat grinder down on the Plains!
And of course, we need to take care of business at home!

Tick Hog

Thanks for the info and prayers for your wife's recovery

GO

Appreciate the update and really glad the wife is continuing to heal and recover!

hawg1221

After opening the SEC season against 4 of the highest nationally ranked teams in the conference, the Razorbacks now have a stretch of teams that I think they can dominate, especially offensively. It will probably allow DVH to get that pitching staff more squared away.

gmarv54

Thanks for keeping this going and I will keep your wife and you my prayers.

rljjr

Lake, thanks for what you're doing and prayers for a quick and successful recovery for your wife.

Tony Perkis

Thanks for the updates and good thoughts and prayers to you and your wife!

lakecityhog

Thanks for the kind wishes!

I hate to jinx us, but I believe we have the roughest stretch behind us. Texas A&M will be a good series, LSU is always tough for us and ending on the road at Georgia won't be a picnic. Wait, maybe we don't have such an easy row to hoe! Miss State at Starkville, LSU at Baton Rouge and Georgia at Athens ain't exactly easy now is it!

Kevin

No easy weekends in the sec
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dr. Starcs

Anyone gut a current update?

Sec website has us at 8-5. Frustrating the lack of coverage college baseball gets.

Baconomics

http://www.secsports.com/standings/baseball

It will be more meaningful after today's games, but it's essentially a 3-team race: Florida, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.  Florida will be hard to catch.  They are solid as nails and have yet to flinch.  Hogs will win the West, however, IMO.

JHicks3636

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 15, 2018, 08:23:57 am
Anyone gut a current update?

Sec website has us at 8-5. Frustrating the lack of coverage college baseball gets.
Hey Doc, give this a try
https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/lsu/2018/04/03/sec-baseball-standings/484580002/

lakecityhog

April 15, 2018, 02:14:43 pm #18 Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:52:44 pm by lakecityhog
As of Sunday April 15th.(Updated)
LSU won 2 and Ole Miss lost 2, Ole Miss drops into a tie with Texas A&M for 3rd. We have to hope that USCe can take at least 2 at home and drop LSU a bit. Of Course we have to take care of business on the road, not an easy task.

Ole Miss and LSU are still playing, an Ole Miss loss and LSU win moves LSU to 2nd place. Again SEC teams beating up each other! Next week is another BIG week for us, while we travel to Miss State, Ole Miss hosts a GOOD Georgia team and LSU travels to USCe. Maybe the chickens can win a couple at home and the Dogs can bite the Rebel Bears right in the behind! A&M could gain a bit of ground next weekend at Tenner, again we need Vitello to step up and have his guys ready to play.

Of course the biggest series is Florida on the road at Kentucky, won't change the East standings but it could tighten it up a bit.  We lose RPI points if Florida loses and gain points if Kentucky wins, I would rather see Kentucky win!       

EAST
1. Florida      12-3 Next @ Kentucky
2. Georgia     9-6 Next @ Ole Miss
3. Vanderbilt 8-6 Next @ Missouri
4. Kentucky   7-8 Next Florida
5. Missouri    6-9 Next Vanderbilt
6.  USCe        6-9 Next LSU
7.Tennessee 5-9 Next Texas A&M

WEST
1. Arkansas     10-5 Next @ Miss State
2. LSU            9-6 Next @ USCe
3. Ole Miss      8-7 Next Georgia
4. Texas A&M  8-7 Next @ Tennessee
5. Auburn        5-9 Next @ Alabama
6. Miss State   5-9 Next Arkansas
7. Alabama     5-10 Next Auburn

TNhawgfan

Vandy just blew a 3 run lead in the top of the 7th in a 7 inning game against ole miss. That would have helped us in the West
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

BigBrandonAllenFan

Florida is catching Kentucky at a bad time.  Kentucky needs this series.  Should be a good one.

popcornhog

April 15, 2018, 11:05:13 pm #21 Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:24:07 am by popcornhog
Quote from: TNhawgfan on April 15, 2018, 02:17:13 pm
Vandy just blew a 3 run lead in the top of the 7th in a 7 inning game against ole miss. That would have helped us in the West

Vandy won both of those games today against Ole Miss, no?
WPS

arkirish

Quote from: popcornhog on April 15, 2018, 11:05:13 pm
Vandy won both of those games today against Ole Miss, no?

Vandy got walk-off wins in both games of the DH against Ole Miss

GuvHog

The Hogs are sittin' pretty with a 2 game lead in the West and I'm enjoying it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: GuvHog on April 16, 2018, 08:51:03 am
The Hogs are sittin' pretty with a 2 game lead in the West and I'm enjoying it.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's only a one game lead over LSU thanks to Tennessee's collapse at The Box yesterday.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

lakecityhog

As of 4/29/2018
Again sorry for the delays! My step-Dad passed this last week. The last 3 weekends have been spent traveling back and forth to Mom's to visit and help as I could. Been a BAD 6 or 7 months!

EAST
1. Florida      16-5 Next @ Texas A&M
2. Georgia     12-9 Next @ Missouri
3. USCe        11/10 Next Ole Miss
4. Vanderbilt 11-10 Next @ Auburn
5. Kentucky   10-11 Next @ Tennessee
6. Missouri    9-12 Next Georgia
7. Tennessee 8-13 Next Kentucky

WEST
1. Arkansas     13-8 Next @ LSU
2. Ole Miss      12-9 Next @ USCe
3. Texas A&M  10-10 Next Florida
4. Auburn        9-11 Next Vanderbilt
5. LSU            10-11 Next Arkansas
6. Miss State   9-11 Next @ Alabama
7. Alabama     5-16 Next Miss State

Things are starting to become quite clear. Florida is the class of the league, Georgia is for real(although they still play Florida and Arkansas), Kentucky is a bit over-rated, Ole Miss is a top team and we are the 2nd best team in the league. If we could put together a good couple of weekends we COULD get a bit of separation. Closing with LSU, Texas A&M and Georgia will be a TOUGH 3 weeks especially with 2 of them on the road.

HogFansReunited

The Georgia series will be very tough and could decided if we get to host a super regional or not.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: lakecityhog on April 29, 2018, 06:18:48 pm
As of 4/29/2018
Again sorry for the delays! My step-Dad passed this last week. The last 3 weekends have been spent traveling back and forth to Mom's to visit and help as I could. Been a BAD 6 or 7 months!

EAST
1. Florida      16-5 Next @ Texas A&M
2. Georgia     12-9 Next @ Missouri
3. USCe        11/10 Next Ole Miss
4. Vanderbilt 11-10 Next @ Auburn
5. Kentucky   10-11 Next @ Tennessee
6. Missouri    9-12 Next Georgia
7. Tennessee 8-13 Next Kentucky

WEST
1. Arkansas     13-8 Next @ LSU
2. Ole Miss      12-9 Next @ USCe
3. Texas A&M  10-10 Next Florida
4. Auburn        9-11 Next Vanderbilt
5. LSU            10-11 Next Arkansas
6. Miss State   9-11 Next @ Alabama
7. Alabama     5-16 Next Miss State

Things are starting to become quite clear. Florida is the class of the league, Georgia is for real(although they still play Florida and Arkansas), Kentucky is a bit over-rated, Ole Miss is a top team and we are the 2nd best team in the league. If we could put together a good couple of weekends we COULD get a bit of separation. Closing with LSU, Texas A&M and Georgia will be a TOUGH 3 weeks especially with 2 of them on the road.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for posting updates even with much more important things on your plate. +1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

SPAL

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 29, 2018, 06:34:24 pm
The Georgia series will be very tough and could decided if we get to host a super regional or not.

I'm not sure I buy this.....I guess I should say I hope this isn't the case.

If our being a top 8 comes down to having to take 2/3 on the road against a top 10 RPI team, we've really crapped the bed against lsu or Tamu

lakecityhog

Spal, as I see it we need to win the LSU and Texas A&M series and not get swept at Georgia to keep a top 8 slot. 5 wins gets us to 18 conference wins in a conference that looks to put 10, maybe 11 teams in the tournament.

Baconomics

Prior to the Alabama series, I thought 7-5 would get us a super.  I still believe that.  We could win one of each of the road series and win the home series and still be a national seed, but...

That leaves too much to chance.  Win 2 of the remaining series would be a lock.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 29, 2018, 07:25:05 pm
I'm not sure I buy this.....I guess I should say I hope this isn't the case.

If our being a top 8 comes down to having to take 2/3 on the road against a top 10 RPI team, we've really crapped the bed against lsu or Tamu

I think we just need to find a way to gut out one win there but hopefully we are in good shape before that series and all we need is to find one win over the weekend.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: nesjunk on April 29, 2018, 08:56:36 pm
Prior to the Alabama series, I thought 7-5 would get us a super.  I still believe that.  We could win one of each of the road series and win the home series and still be a national seed, but...

That leaves too much to chance.  Win 2 of the remaining series would be a lock.

I agree. Really hope we can go into LSU and steal a series. We definitely owe LSU a butt kicking.

Member #3568

BroyledNutts

I think because LSU is struggling this season, and A&M is coming to Baum, we have to win those two series to maintain eligibility as a national seed ... Georgia is a push - they will host a regional, and could be in the hunt for a national seed as well, so taking only one from them in their house will be enough; we may have to win a couple games in Hoover to seal a top 8 if we lose either of the next two series and then lose the series at Georgia ... the one thing we can't afford is Georgia or Ole Miss finishing ahead of us in the overall ...

WorfHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 29, 2018, 09:02:51 pm
I think because LSU is struggling this season, and A&M is coming to Baum, we have to win those two series to maintain eligibility as a national seed ... Georgia is a push - they will host a regional, and could be in the hunt for a national seed as well, so taking only one from them in their house will be enough; we may have to win a couple games in Hoover to seal a top 8 if we lose either of the next two series and then lose the series at Georgia ... the one thing we can't afford is Georgia or Ole Miss finishing ahead of us in the overall ...

Agree, but keep in mind that Mississippi State and Alabama are struggling as well, but they both gave us their best shot. Two very different outcomes in those series, but I'd imagine we'll get LSU's best shot as well. Gotta take our show on the road.

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: WorfHog on April 30, 2018, 09:17:10 am
Agree, but keep in mind that Mississippi State and Alabama are struggling as well, but they both gave us their best shot. Two very different outcomes in those series, but I'd imagine we'll get LSU's best shot as well. Gotta take our show on the road.

We CANNOT give up 15 walks in a game and expect to win down there. That was plain YOUgly yesterday.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on April 30, 2018, 09:57:24 am
We CANNOT give up 15 walks in a game and expect to win down there. That was plain YOUgly yesterday.
You never expected to win a game where you give up 15 walks. Sunday's game was an anomaly.

Member #3568

bosshog84

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on April 30, 2018, 09:57:24 am

That was one of the worst pitching performances I've ever seen by a team. What was it 7 wild pitches too? Luckily Bama went 0-20 with runners on base. We lose that game playing any other team but Bama.

southarkhog06

I'm willing to bet we won't see us play a game like that for the rest of the year.

RazorWire™

Mid week games are over. I see our mid week pitching staff coming to bolster our bullpen. Cronin will be back as well.

SemperHawg

Quote from: RazorWire™ on April 30, 2018, 03:56:50 pm
Mid week games are over. I see our mid week pitching staff coming to bolster our bullpen. Cronin will be back as well.

Do we know that for sure on Cronin, its not Mono?

SPAL

Quote from: SemperHawg on April 30, 2018, 04:11:49 pm
Do we know that for sure on Cronin, its not Mono?

I think he was just saying Cronin will be back eventually, not necessarily that it will be soon.

AlmaHog2011

If Cronin has Mono he won't be back. Having dealt with that many years back there is no way he will be back this year.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on April 30, 2018, 04:58:08 pm
If Cronin has Mono he won't be back. Having dealt with that many years back there is no way he will be back this year.

Never know what that warm breeze blowing in Omaha could do for a guy's rehab program.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hogfan870

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on April 30, 2018, 04:58:08 pm

I don't know if the mono treatment has dramatically improved, or if my son just got lucky.  I graduated high school in the early 90s and I remember kids missing a month of school or more because of mono.  However, my son had it a few weeks ago and was back in school in less than a week and back at sports (mountain biking) in less than 2 weeks. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogfan870 on April 30, 2018, 06:22:55 pm
I don't know if the mono treatment has dramatically improved, or if my son just got lucky.  I graduated high school in the early 90s and I remember kids missing a month of school or more because of mono.  However, my son had it a few weeks ago and was back in school in less than a week and back at sports (mountain biking) in less than 2 weeks.

I think cases vary in their severity of symptoms.  Also I bet things have changed over the years to assist.  Also, you are talking about a top flight D 1 school and athlete here.  These kids are not like us Joe smo's drinking cold ones and sitting on our buts throughout the weekends.  They are at a physical prime of their life along with strong bodies.  They will recover faster than a general college student, and faster than the general public.

GuvHog

Quote from: RazorWire™ on April 30, 2018, 03:56:50 pm

Yep, because there is no Mid week game the whole staff should be well rested. I just hope Blaine Knight has his best stuff tomorrow night. He hasn't really been on in his last couple of games.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!