Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 20 THREAD: #5 Arkansas (15-4, 2-0 SEC) vs #4 Kentucky (14-5, 0-2 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 17, 2018, 05:13:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

I almost want to start a thread about this but I'll ask now. When is the last time Arkansas has dismantled a highly-ranked strong opponent the way they've done here in baseball in any other sport?

ucahogfan

Aklinski doubles into the RF corner.  Cottam scores, but Johnson holds at 3B.  Runners on 2B and 3B with 1 out.

7-1 Hogs.

Hawgphish

ucahogfan

Heyer grounds a single into LF.  Johnson scores, but Aklinski holds at 3B.  Runners on the corners with 1 out.

7-2 Hogs.

TebowHater

Quote from: elksnort on March 17, 2018, 06:36:17 pm
I almost want to start a thread about this but I'll ask now. When is the last time Arkansas has dismantled a highly-ranked strong opponent the way they've done here in baseball in any other sport?

Football in 2014 with #8 Ole Miss 31-0. #17 LSU 17-0 the week before.

ucahogfan

Wes Johnson makes a stroll out to the mound that would be a dead sprint for Jorn to settle Ramage down.

TebowHater

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 17, 2018, 06:39:49 pm
Heyer grounds a single into LF.  Johnson scores, but Aklinski holds at 3B.  Runners on the corners with 1 out.

7-2 Hogs.

The E4 was big. Inning would have been over a while ago if we complete the DP as we got the next batter out. Get us a DP here, please!

ucahogfan

Dawson gives one a ride, but is caught by Kjerstad in LCF.  Throw is in to 2B and Aklinski scores.

7-3 Hogs.

Knot2brite

As I am at a softball tourney , isnthe wind still blowing out tonight
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ucahogfan

Hawgphish

ucahogfan

Here comes DVH as Ramage's night is over.  New pitcher for the Hogs is Junior LHP Kacey Murphy (2-0, 1.12 ERA).

Ramage only allowed 1 ER.

Hawgphish

Wisco Pig

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 17, 2018, 06:43:55 pm
Here comes DVH as Ramage's night is over.  New pitcher for the Hogs is Junior LHP Kacey Murphy (2-0, 1.12 ERA).

Murphy threw 78 pitches in 6 relatively stress-free innings against Texas Tuesday.

Razorback_Mack

JHicks3636

I should know how fickle baseball is. You can't celebrate in the first inning.

ucahogfan

Pompey crushes the first pitch up against the Stephens ad in LCF for a 2B.  Run scores.  Runner on 2B with 2 outs.

7-4 Hogs.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Hawgphish

ucahogfan

Squires down swinging on a nice breaking ball.  Murphy's 1st K and 3rd for Razorback pitching.

ucahogfan

It should be noted that 3 of those runs that inning were unearned due to Shaddy's error.  I think he tried to go for the double play instead of making sure we got one out.

Razorbacks#1

4                        Bot 2nd                 7

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Kentucky       0 | 4 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  3  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas       7 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  7  |  7  | 1  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hawgphish

ucahogfan

Fletcher grounds one right down the RF line, but is knocked down the 1B for a 3U putout.  They had the shift on for Fletcher or it would have been a 2B into the RF corner.

hogwild04

I guess Bonnin is out of equation, cant figure out why save him for mid week and start Ramage, but I guess DVH has a plan.  Needs to get experience .

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Quote from: hogwild04 on March 17, 2018, 06:55:18 pm
I guess Bonnin is out of equation, cant figure out why save him for mid week and start Ramage, but I guess DVH has a plan.  Needs to get experience .
I'm sure we will probably see him today.  Might just let him go an inning or two and let the 95-97 play.  He didn't hold velo well in his start last week.

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Koch grounds out 5-3 on a nice play by both the 3B and the 1B who dug one out of the dirt.

Razorbacks#1

4                        Bot 2nd                 7

Kentucky       0 | 4 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  3  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas       7 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  7  |  8  | 1  | 4   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hawgphish

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 17, 2018, 06:58:19 pm
This game has one of those 12 to 10 type feels to it
it sure does.  We could really use a quiet inning right here

trippigs

My wife read that KY will not let our batt girls touch their bats....they pick them up themselves. What's up with that? Illegal bats.

Razorbacks#1

4                        Top 3rd                 7

Arkansas       7 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  7  |  8  | 1  | 4   

THUNDER!

TebowHater

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Cottam grounds into a 6-4 FC as the ball was not hit hard enough to turn 2.

hogwild04

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 17, 2018, 06:55:58 pm
I'm sure we will probably see him today.  Might just let him go an inning or two and let the 95-97 play.  He didn't hold velo well in his start last week.

After butt chewing his velo did drop.  I'm sure he was told if you walk another batter u will pay,  lol  so started more off speed and hit location of fastball.  Was at 90-92 instead of 94-95, but did sit next 7 batters.  Some butt chewing's work 

ucahogfan

Johnson lines out to Kjerstad who unleashes a one hopper to McFarland at 1B to show off the cannon as Cottam was not really motivated getting back to 1B.

ucahogfan

Quote from: hogwild04 on March 17, 2018, 07:05:07 pm
After butt chewing his velo did drop.  I'm sure he was told if you walk another batter u will pay,  lol  so started more off speed and hit location of fastball.  Was at 90-92 instead of 94-95, but did sit next 7 batters.  Some butt chewing's work
Yeah, Bonnin did have a very good outing.  I think he is a key member of the staff this year as well as going forward in 2019 and 2020.  Very glad we were able to get him to campus.

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

ucahogfan

Collett works the count full, and he is hit to put runners on 1B and 2B with outs.  Collett definitely did not try to keep out of the way of the pitch as DVH is out to argue that.

Woodland Pork CO

I just noticed the ear piece and receiver pack on Koch after he took the ball in the mask...I assume that's for pitch calls.  How new is that rule?  Is it for all of NCAA baseball?

ucahogfan

The umps go down into the video well to review the HBP as DVH argued that it might have caught the bat.

ucahogfan

After review, the ruling on the field stands and runners are on 1B and 2B with 2 outs.

TebowHater

Quote from: Woodland Pork CO on March 17, 2018, 07:11:16 pm
I just noticed the ear piece and receiver pack on Koch after he took the ball in the mask...I assume that's for pitch calls.  How new is that rule?  Is it for all of NCAA baseball?

New trial for SEC games only. Koch calls his own game, but it lets the coaches call in pitches rather than signal. In theory, should speed up game. Thanks to UCA for the info the other day.

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

4                        Bot 3rd                 7

Kentucky       0 | 4 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  4  | 0  | 3   

THUNDER!

Woodland Pork CO

Quote from: TebowHater on March 17, 2018, 07:13:33 pm
New trial for SEC games only. Koch calls his own game, but it lets the coaches call in pitches rather than signal. In theory, should speed up game. Thanks to UCA for the info the other day.

Thanks