Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Improved, most deproved from last year.

Started by Breems, December 20, 2007, 02:32:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

Improved I would say Townes, or maybe Washington.

Deproved I would say Hill, Pbev's numbers are down but he gives to much effort to be deproved.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

PeytonManningSUCKS

is deproved a word... Bev has done some good things outside of scoring too.  I'd say Improved is Townes.  Don't know if I want to give anybody the negative tag this early in the season.  They all seem to be giving real good effort under Pel. 

Nashville Fan

Hill is not a good fit for Pel's style. He seems like he is playing better, just less.
Pittman or Bust!

Hogtropolis™

I wouldn't say Hill is doing worse than he did last year.  He didn't do much at all last year on offense or rebounding, and I would say his defense has been about the same.  He is however putting out much more effort this year.  Or at least it appears that way to me.

Most Improved - Townes
Least Improved - maybe Weems

jschulte

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 20, 2007, 03:21:30 pm

Least Improved - maybe Weems

with the exception of last night... he just needs to lead this team

mountainhog

Improved= townes 

least improved= hill  (so far)

SteveInArk

I agree with the concensus so far....   :razorback:

- Definitely Townes is the most improved.
- "De-proved" or the same = Hill
- Beverly is just in a slump, but his effort and assists still are up there...

Slumps go away, but some guys are just "de-proved to the bone."  8)

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Hogginitall

Quote from: RanSolo on December 20, 2007, 03:11:56 pm
is deproved a word... Bev has done some good things outside of scoring too.  I'd say Improved is Townes.  Don't know if I want to give anybody the negative tag this early in the season.  They all seem to be giving real good effort under Pel. 

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deproved

I'd say Townes as most improved.

Hill has to be the least improved, winning the award for the 3rd straight year.

He gives great effort and is a beast defensively (although any time he makes ANY kind of contact with an offensive player, he gets whistled for a foul).  However, he has stayed pretty much the same defensively and has not improved offensively.

spudhog

townes/washington- most improved
hill- least improved

Hogtropolis™

How can y'all say Hill is the least improved?  He is about the same as he was last year while Weems so far this year has been worse than he was last year.

Here's Hill's and Weems stats for last year and this year.  Keep in mind when you are looking at those averages that Hill is averaging 7 minutes less per game this year which accounts for the drop in points and rebounds.  Hill is actually averaging more points per minute than he was last year.  Weems is averaging about 2 minutes less while and his averages are overall worse than last year.

The two main stats I will point out to justify my saying that Weems is our least improved player is his turnovers (went from 2.5 per game last year to 3.5 per game this year) and his 3 point shooting percentage (.361 last year and .154 this year).

I know that neither one have been overly impressive this year (last night as the exception for Weems), but I just expected Weems to be better than he was last year and he has not even been as good as he was last year so far.  As far as my expectations for Hill, I expected that he would be about the same player that he has been for the last 4 years and he has been thus far.  An outstanding defensive player and a poor offensive and rebounding player.

Hill

Weems

BTW, we really need Weems to step it up if we are planning on making a serious run in March.  IMO, he could be the key to us going from a good team to a really good/great team.

mountainhog

Weems has underachieved i agree.  I guess i was expecting hill to improve more under coach pel than he has.   That is why I picked hill.  I havent got to see but a couple games on tv and of those 2 games he has looked worse this year than last yr.  IMO.

Maybe we are talking about this a little too soon.   We may have to come back about half way through conference and then give our thoughts on this.

snoblind

I have really been impressed with Townes & Washington.  And I agree with all about the increased effort.

I don't know that I think anybody has "deproved" from last year.  The turnovers have been the biggest disappointment to me along with horrible shooting and last 5 minutes of OK game.  I suspect both are mental issues and I think Pel will get it corrected.   

jj202020

Weems has been pretty disappointing.  INcredible athlete, but he makes the same mistakes over and over again.  I have no problem with Beverly.  He's just not shooting very well right now.  That happens to everybody that plays basketball for very long.  He always gives good effort.  Weems continues to turn the ball over from lackadasical passes and inattention, and sometimes, just doesn't seem to try very hard.

Townes is definitely the most improved.  All he needed was someone to push him, instead of cuddle him.

Hog are ya

I agree with much that has been said.  Mentally, the entire team is better from an effort standpoint.  I'm surprised Weems has been one of the most to struggle with the new system since he ironically prolly fits it the best of all.  He could come around and be an all-SEC perfomer before its said and done though.  But his ballhandling skills and silly fouls are something that he and coach must work out.  I think his shot from three will come around.

Hill, he's playing as good as he did this time last year.  He came on midway thru the conference season last year showing more aggresion on the offensive end.  It'll be interesting to see what Pel and Hill can get out of Hill.

Washington is picking up where he ended last year.

Townes is the antitheses (sp) of disproved?  I've waited on him to take off because he has a combination of talent and basketball smarts since he's been on campus.  His attitude is different now and he's only going to get stronger as the year moves along.

I know we all feel Beverlys shot is going to come around.  I hope it has nothing to do with his playing so hard thru the summer with the American team.  Or the recent domestic issues.   He was such a fan favorite as a freshmen in the mold of a Corliss or Sydney.  I hope that continues.  My money is on him to come thru.....