Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baylor beat S. Carolina

Started by fu-man-soo, December 20, 2007, 09:56:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kuhog

Baylor is much improved. They will upset a few teams in the Big 12 this year. The're no longer a doormat pushover.

Beaverfever

People will be surprised.  Baylor will be the best nonconference team we play.

Beaverfever

harmonyhog

Baylor plays good zone defense. We can't shoot threes. Therefore we will lose in a low scoring game. All SEC teams will zone us. If we can,t force the tempo with relentless pressing, we are in for a long season.

Rayzback

A great road test before heading into the conference games....LSU also got spanked by Wichita State 67-47.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

WilsonHog

Dave Odom will lose his situation if this keeps up. That short leash is fast becoming a choke collar. 

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: harmonyhog on December 20, 2007, 11:19:04 am
Baylor plays good zone defense. We can't shoot threes. Therefore we will lose in a low scoring game. All SEC teams will zone us. If we can,t force the tempo with relentless pressing, we are in for a long season.

Arkansas won't lose this game.....but ok...its not like we are playing at BAYLOR lol ark has alot of fans in dallas so ark wins enough said

WFCall73

December 21, 2007, 04:02:16 pm #9 Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 04:03:58 pm by WFCall73
Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 20, 2007, 07:20:46 pm
Arkansas won't lose this game.....but ok...its not like we are playing at BAYLOR lol ark has alot of fans in dallas so ark wins enough said

Arkansas has lots of fans in Dallas, therefore Arkansas will win?!  Nice logic.  I'm pretty sure SC had plenty of fans in Columbia.  How did that work out?  I'm also pretty sure BU will bring a few fans, since it is located 90 miles away and has a large alumni base in Dallas.

Also, the "Baylor" you mock is #20 in Sagarin (11 spots ahead of Ark):

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0708.htm

and has six **** recruits on the roster.  And that's not even counting two of the starters and best players -- Jerrells (pre-season All-Big XII) or Bruce (who's made an all-conference team every year he's played).  "Baylor" also won the Paradise Jam (by knocking off two '07 tourney teams, plus Wich. St. -- which just thumped LSU) and has a single loss to undefeated and #7 ranked Wash. St. -- on the last possession of the game.

You clearly need to get a clue about basketball.  Hopefully, that will happen before 1/5/08.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: WFCall73 on December 21, 2007, 04:02:16 pm
Arkansas has lots of fans in Dallas, therefore Arkansas will win?!  Nice logic.  I'm pretty sure SC had plenty of fans in Columbia.  How did that work out?  I'm also pretty sure BU will bring a few fans, since it is located 90 miles away and has a large alumni base in Dallas.

Also, the "Baylor" you mock is #20 in Sagarin (11 spots ahead of Ark):

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0708.htm

and has six **** recruits on the roster.  And that's not even counting two of the starters and best players -- Jerrells (pre-season All-Big XII) or Bruce (who's made an all-conference team every year he's played).  "Baylor" also won the Paradise Jam (by knocking off two '07 tourney teams, plus Wich. St. -- which just thumped LSU) and has a single loss to undefeated and #7 ranked Wash. St. -- on the last possession of the game.

You clearly need to get a clue about basketball.  Hopefully, that will happen before 1/5/08.

oklahoma state also has star players on their team and u see they dont win, who cares what statistics say, whoever comes to play will win, statistics mean nothing....btw i played basketball so dont judge before u know someone

40MINSOFHELL

by the way, South Carolina is a young team

WFCall73

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 21, 2007, 10:38:37 pm
oklahoma state also has star players on their team and u see they dont win, who cares what statistics say, whoever comes to play will win, statistics mean nothing....btw i played basketball so dont judge before u know someone

W-L is not a statistic, bud, and Baylor is 9-1 with wins over a number of tourney teams from last year.  Baylor's lone loss was to the undefeated, 7th ranked team in the country, on the last possession with BU's best two player having to go out late in the game with injuries.  And speaking of youth, BU's leading scorer versus SC is a true frosh (**** LaceDarius Dunn).

Finally, I played basketball too.  For the #3 ranked team in the state of Texas.  If you really did play basketball, then your take is really sad, because you should know better.

40MINSOFHELL

thats cool you played on the #3 ranked team in the state of texas, but i wouldn't brag too much about beingfrom texas, that's where dumbass president bush came from oO but ya did ur team win state??

WilsonHog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 22, 2007, 12:14:30 am
thats cool you played on the #3 ranked team in the state of texas, but i wouldn't brag too much about beingfrom texas, that's where dumbass president bush came from oO but ya did ur team win state??

You and this other kid want to take your argument over who has the most impressive high school stats elsewhere? It isn't needed here among adults.

WFCall73

Is a guy who can't form a complete sentence really calling me a dumbass?  Priceless.  See you Jan 5.  Try to read some Dr. Seuss between now and then, junior.

kuhog

Quit arguing with this guy. It's obvious he knows and understands basketball. His original post was very accurate. Baylor has as much talent, if not more than Arkansas. The Razorbacks will need to play their best game of the season to beat the Bears. This is the best team Arkansas has played this year, and we better be ready. If not, we will get blown out. This is a Baylor team that will finish in the top 5 in the number 1 ranked conference (rivals.com) in the country. If we don't play our best, we lose. It's as simple as that.

Hollywood_HOGan45

December 22, 2007, 12:43:46 pm #17 Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 12:49:38 pm by Hollywood_HOGan45
Quote from: kuhog on December 22, 2007, 11:22:26 am
Quit arguing with this guy. It's obvious he knows and understands basketball. His original post was very accurate. Baylor has as much talent, if not more than Arkansas. The Razorbacks will need to play their best game of the season to beat the Bears. This is the best team Arkansas has played this year, and we better be ready. If not, we will get blown out. This is a Baylor team that will finish in the top 5 in the number 1 ranked conference (rivals.com) in the country. If we don't play our best, we lose. It's as simple as that.

sounds like somebody is overrating baylor quite a bit.

oklahoma would drill baylor into the ground