Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Johnson willing hapless Atlanta into the NBA playoffs?

Started by mathhog, December 19, 2007, 11:00:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

As of tonight Atlanta is the solid #7 seed in the Eastern Conference.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271219001

"Atlanta (13-12) has a winning record at the latest point since 1998-99, its last playoff season."

Joe's the leading scorer, they're on pace to improve again this year, considering... the last few years the hawks won 30 games, before that 26, before that 13 games!

Apparently Joe Johnson is earining that $72 Million contract, brotha!

AP Photo: Tami Chappell

beatdrum

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't know why JJ is not getting as much pub as he richly deserves. If you made a starting 5 of all time NBA players from UA would Joe Johnson be on it?

hawgwild1087

December 20, 2007, 12:45:51 am #2 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 12:48:08 am by hawgwild1087
The Hawks are headed in the right direction.  Theyre young right now but have a lot of talent that will hopefully develop in the next couple of years.  Aside from JJ they have Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Acie Law, Al Horford, Shelden and Marvin Williams - all are young but have the talent to be all-stars down the line.  This team will be in the playoffs soon.

booogaga

the short period of time he played here hurts his arkansas legacy. how many years was it. 1, 1.5, 2. i cant remember.
GO HOGS!

razorgary

Not from my point of view. He is a better pro player than he was a Razorback player.