Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened-Arkansas vs OK

Started by deltahogfan, December 15, 2007, 06:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deltahogfan

I was watching the game today, looked like we were holding our own. Come back in the house, game was over and we had lost by 11!
Those who get there first with the most.

Baseball Hog

bad refs, dude having the best game of his entire life.  ball bouncing their way.  not hitting free throws.

HoginHouston

Well, it was very close with 3 mins to go. Turnovers, missed free throws, and a couple of shady calls ultimately got the better of us. Really tough loss, to be honest with you. Pel will get them in shape. We need to keep supporting them. We could still be 12-2 going into conference play if we beat Baylor in Dallas. It's gonna be a good year, just gotta cut down the TOs...
Go Hogs Go.

resqnu911

why does it always seem that no matter what sport it is....someone is always having a career day against us...??

deltahogfan

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 15, 2007, 06:28:54 pm
Well, it was very close with 3 mins to go. Turnovers, missed free throws, and a couple of shady calls ultimately got the better of us. Really tough loss, to be honest with you. Pel will get them in shape. We need to keep supporting them. We could still be 12-2 going into conference play if we beat Baylor in Dallas. It's gonna be a good year, just gotta cut down the TOs...
OK. I think before the year is out we will quit making turnovers. As coach gains experience in the SEC, he will be better. Behind him 100%!
Those who get there first with the most.

SuthrnFballer15

OU hit miracle 3s when they needed to kill our momentum.
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Oliver

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on December 16, 2007, 12:43:23 am
OU hit miracle 3s when they needed to kill our momentum.

Very few were miracle 3's.  Most of them were wide-open 3's due to poor perimeter defense.

hogninja

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 16, 2007, 01:14:49 am
Very few were miracle 3's.  Most of them were wide-open 3's due to poor perimeter defense.

oh,I suppose the off balance, left handed shot with a kick in the air was not a miracle?  Pel will get it done, just need his peeps.

hawgsav1

I dunno, I think I was right in thinking that we would have some transition difficulties of switching styles.  It's like playing the piano.  If you're used to making mistakes at a slower pace, and then you jump to a faster pace, you're going to be making mistakes left and right for a while until you finally get used to it...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

NWASooner

Keep in mind Oklahoma's best player was on the bench for most of the game for various reasons.  OU isn't very good otherwise.  The big men are OK but the guards are very average.

Arkansas is my second favorite b-ball team but this team isn't as good as everyone thinks.  There's only one player with NBA potential.  (Washington.)  Beverly is too small but he's a great college player.

The PG turns it over too much.  So does Weems and he doesn't score like everyone thought he would.

Thomas is too small to be playing inside but can't play outside.  Townes is solid but average.

Hill is what he is, which is a non-rebounding seven footer who can block shots.  He also doesn't fit well into Pel's offense.

Okie Hog

Way too many turnovers and an inability to make free throws killed us.  I didn't see too much of a bias in officiating.  Yeah, there were a few fouls that we got hosed on, but there were equally bad calls going the other way.  They hit threes like they hadn't all year, too.  Bottom line is this: we need somebody who can handle the ball, quit making stupid turnovers, and hit some freaking free throws!!

I absolutely love JP's intensity.  Did anybody see him chest bumping players?  I hope he coaches here for a very long time.

Oliver

Quote from: hogninja on December 16, 2007, 03:34:32 am
oh,I suppose the off balance, left handed shot with a kick in the air was not a miracle?  Pel will get it done, just need his peeps.

Well you just mentioned one miracle 3.  Now describe the other 11 they hit.  They will contain such descriptive phrases as "wide open off set screens".

Oliver

Quote from: NWASooner on December 16, 2007, 10:36:48 am
Keep in mind Oklahoma's best player was on the bench for most of the game for various reasons.  OU isn't very good otherwise.  The big men are OK but the guards are very average.

Arkansas is my second favorite b-ball team but this team isn't as good as everyone thinks.  There's only one player with NBA potential.  (Washington.)  Beverly is too small but he's a great college player.

The PG turns it over too much.  So does Weems and he doesn't score like everyone thought he would.

Thomas is too small to be playing inside but can't play outside.  Townes is solid but average.

Hill is what he is, which is a non-rebounding seven footer who can block shots.  He also doesn't fit well into Pel's offense.

Which player?  Blake Griffin or Tony Crocker?  They played for most of the game.

This game showed that both teams both teams are extremely mediocre and won't make much noise this year.  However, it looks better for OU because their team is filled with young talent and not a lot of seniors like Arkansas has.

NWASooner

Blake Griffin only played something like 20 minutes and didn't start.

Arkansas will be good next year.  If you can find a wing player to go with Beverly and Washington, that's a good lineup.  Just find a small forward that can shoot 3's.

Oliver

Quote from: NWASooner on December 16, 2007, 04:14:29 pm

Arkansas will be good next year.  If you can find a wing player to go with Beverly and Washington, that's a good lineup.  Just find a small forward that can shoot 3's.

He picked up his 3rd foul at the beginning of the 2nd half.  That's probably why he saw limited time.   Much like Charles Thomas saw limited time because he picked up his 4th foul in the 1st half.

chiefsfan

Quote from: NWASooner on December 16, 2007, 04:14:29 pm

we've got a true point guard, a true 3 point shooter, and a 6-7 wing player coming in next year, along with a couple of big men
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

budcampbellfan

We struggled the whole game just to stay several points behind.  Could not hit free throws again.  At the end, fell apart.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Nashville Fan

One point guard away from being a very tough team. TO and missed FT killed us. You have got to make FT on the road and not turn the ball over. AR messed up on both of those.
Pittman or Bust!

Mo_Better_Hogs

If it makes anyone feel better---I work with an OU alum. He just told me the Sooners lost to Stephen F Austin earlier in the year.

:(

slopinhogs

think we have given the guys to much credit for their abilities all along. 4 years and they are still doing the same dumb stuff. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Rayzback

December 20, 2007, 11:21:45 pm #21 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 11:23:27 pm by Rayzback
Looks like OU is going to knock off #20 Gonzaga tonight..... so??
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Oliver

Quote from: Rayzback on December 20, 2007, 11:21:45 pm
Looks like OU is going to kncok off #20 Gonzaga tonight..... so??

So it still doesn't change my opinion that we should have beaten Oklahoma and we're just a mediocre team.