Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new from camden

Started by tophawg19, March 08, 2005, 05:04:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

hi i'm  an old  hog fan but am  new to the web  i'm a 41 year old male and  have enjoyed hogville  also glad to see others share my views  go hogs.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Lanny

ha, you're young on this board.  I'm 42
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

tophawg19

all this is new to me  just started playing with computers  i can now get  info  i probably didn't  need to know  found a few sites  i may  not be old enough  for .

Amityvillehogger

TopHawg, Welcome aboard, i'm from camden too.  Don't take alot of what you read on here personal or serious...haha... ;) :D ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

tophawg19

lots of b.s out there but i've got tall boots .maybe it want get to deep.

tophawg19

you ain't missing much unless you like to hunt and fish. fishing is good turkey seasons about to start so i guess life is good in souff  ark. where did you move to ? economy is slow here so you probably made a good choice.

chikara_yume

Finally!!! it took me forever to get my account activated. i'm a rookie from camden too. it's nice to know there are some camdeners out there.

tophawg19

May 28, 2005, 09:08:08 am #7 Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 09:09:45 am by tophawg19
we welcome you to the bitch, gripe and praise network .all opinions welcome . :D a little info. about yourself is helpful .

chikara_yume

what do you mean info? like hobbies age what i like or something like that. i'm a little slow you pretty much gotta spell it out for me....lol that's kind of funny. ok nevermind. well pretty much i agree with you getting out of here UAGrad. i can't wait to graduate and disappear. i'm not coming back even though my entire family line lives down here....it's just too many painful memories here. i hate this place.......but anyways i agree the fishin' is pretty good. we have a camper over on a lot at lake village so i fish ALOT! the fishin' is really bad over there right now though. it's pretty dead over there. i hooked a sun perch(sp?) on a crank bait in the side. that's pretty pitaful i you ask me. it was storming bad over there the other night. i thought out trailer was rollin down the hill or something. the hunting sucked this year too. i killed one deer this year. it was a nub head and i tried to kill a cyote but i missed (for the first time i don't miss often but when it's that dark...) the cyotes are really bad down here. have you noticed? a pack of them are right beside my house and my dog ended up getting in a fight with them. i'm suprised he came back alive. a pack of cyotes can tear a dog apart. opening day of deer season i saw one my uncle saw one and my friend john boy killed one and they were all in different areas. it's getting bad!

tophawg19

You're doing fine . what area do you hunt in ,how long have you been hunting .? best buck so far?
we welcome you to have fun with the rest of us here . remember 1 thing you make the place where you live what it is for you . most places are good or bad depending on how you look at it . i know there isn't much here to do but you seem to be doing pretty well staying busy thats the key to happiness . you may leave but your friends family will draw you back as will old memories that will become more special as time goes by .

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 31, 2005, 07:33:45 pm
remember 1 thing you make the place where you live what it is for you . most places are good or bad depending on how you look at it .
Like the old man that was sitting beside a road going into a town, a man pulls up to him and asks what the people are like in the town because he was moving there. The old man asks him how the people was in the town he was coming from and he said, they where horrible, they where rude and never spoke to you, and the old man told him that was the exact kind of people in that town. Then another man stops and asks the same question and the old man asks him the same thing, and the man says, they where wonderful people kind curtious and very nice and always helpful, and the old man tells him that that is the exact kind of people that live in this town.

Its not always the town but how you look at it and what you do in it.

Amityvillehogger

hey i hear that on 103.7 ever morning.....
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

chikara_yume

lol...yeah but my whole family lived here but just up and died... all at once...so i don't really want to be here anymore....it just hurts too bad....the memories turn my stomach inside out and tear my heart up. ....anyways...HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN HUNTING!?!?!?! since i was in my mama she went huntin' even when she was 8 months pregnate with me. so i've basicly been huntin' since before i was born.lol! i love to hunt. i'm still waiting on my buck. that's bad in 16 years of my life i'm never killed a buck. some HUGE does but no bucks that and really sucks. i've come close to killing like 2 but either i didn't see it until i had already shot at another deer or i couldn't turn around. first time i was able to hunt by myself mom had to hunt with me opening morning to make sure i'd be ok by myself. she sat one way and i sat the other way and a 7 point buck walked out on her side and i couldn't spend around to shoot it because we were so tight in the stand so she ended up shooting it....OFF OF MY STAND!!!! i never even got to kill the first deer off of my own stand. Grrrr...wanna talk about a kick in the gut. o'well i'll live. what about you? how bad are the cyotes where you are? and hows the hunting?

pioneerhog

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on June 01, 2005, 11:06:12 am
hey i hear that on 103.7 ever morning.....
That is exactly where I hear it all the time. But it is a story with a good meaning.

tophawg19

i' m probably going to change areas this year but a word of advice don't watch the main trails as much look 50 to 75 yards on the downwind side for a faint trail among brush . bucks use these trails to scent check for does . the buck is a different animal than most does at least the older ones are .
pay close attention to the wind also . bucks have a tendency to come in behind you when you watch the main trails and before you shoot a doe pay close attention to how she is acting a buck may be following . SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAMILY .ANYTIME YOU NEED TO TALK LET ME KNOW AND I'LL GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER  . or we can talk on here either one if it will help .

chikara_yume

thanks i've held up pretty good. i went though a really rough spot but i managed to put myself back to my feet. i just hope my knees don't buckle. i'm subbern and strong willed (my dad use to say that all the time "you're such a woman subbern as hell and strong willed as they come." lol) i miss him.

tophawg19

i think he would be proud . one of the greatest gifts a child can give a parent is the knowledge that if something happens to the parent the kid will be ok with what they have been taught and how they have been raised .

chikara_yume

thanks yes my mama and daddy raised me up to be respectful, clean (house, ect.), and tolerante (of my sisters)

tophawg19

that's good to hear it's not so common anymore . also don't forget respect for your elders  :D damn never thought i'd be saying that one LOL. You do seem like a nice young lady . just hope you don't mind being teased  ;D ;D

chikara_yume

naw i'm use to it my coach (well i wish she was she's our assitant coach)picks on me all the time. i pick back of course. i do believe everyone should show respect to there elders. oh i hate these dang childish teens who want to act like they're grow and have no respect for anyone around them. i just want to beat the ever livin' daylights out of them with a belt. and these kids today. they are getting horrible. one little girl in my little sister's class (she's in 2nd grade) and she was a horrible acting little girl. had no respect for anyone and so the teacher sent home a note to the parents. do you wanna know what they sent back!!!! they sent back a frickin' note saying "if my daughter didn't show you respect it's because you didn't show here any."  i was like WHOA!!!! THAT'S CRAZY!!!

tophawg19

THEN THEY WONDER WHY SHE'S IN TROUBLE .... are you on the CFHSteam ?

chikara_yume

yes i'm on the CFHSteam <lol that's kind of funny i thought you typed steam there for a minute

tophawg19

starter? what other sports do you play ? i know you said you play on 3 teams where did you find them all . do you play open tournaments ?

chikara_yume

yeah i play open tournaments, boys and girls club, and an el dorado league. no i don't play any other sport. dad tried to get me to play basket ball but i just couldn't get into it. i like football but they wont let me play (parents and others).

tophawg19

where do they have the open tournaments for girls ? bearden had a big one for guys but i can't remember any for girls . i coached girls softball for the boy's club some years ago . it's more fun working with girls because they have more emotion in the game and that brought more excitement .basketball is the same way . the only problem with girls seemed to be they don't lose well and wanted to fight after games when they lost . also the boy problem was always there 1 was after anothers boy friend all the time  ;D

chikara_yume

lol cant say we fight after our games. our team loses respectfully when we lose. there has to be a loser in every game. there can't be two winners even in a tie. to me a tie is just an unfinished game. we're having a tournement this weeked at the boys and girls club tomorrow. i have to be up at 7 to get ready so i think i'm ganna go to bed now. i was gonna ask ya about some hitting tips on softball but i will later i'm too tired right now.

tophawg19

any time just ask . left or right handed ?

chikara_yume

i'm a righty tighty. yeah i hit a triple, got walked twice, hit one to thrid, bunted an awesome bunt that the catcher dove and caught (i got robbed!), hit two pop ups, and a line drive to the pitcher. my batting was pretty good but sucked the last game because i was totally drained. we played like 4 or 5 games today. it was HOT!!!! i nearly passed out a few times. i'm pissed i didnt get to get any action in the infield. SHE KEPT PUTTING ME IN RIGHT!!!! i'm better than that. and it takes alot for me to say something like that because i have very low self-esteem! i can play any position on the field and she puts me in right...IN RIGHT!!!! how much action do you get over there?!?!?! i'll tell you NONE!!!!!!! GGGGRRRRRrrrrr!!!!!!! our old coach quit today. he told us he's takin a new job in loneoak as head basket ball coach. why do they put people that coach other sports on sports they don't really coach? it's stupid! i was just really frustrated today with being knocked to the ranks of right fielder. my prime spots are 1st and 3rd or at least left field where you might actually get something better than a tiny foul off over the fence. i know have to "prove myself" but i've been trying for frickin 2 years and nothing is changing. i'm givin' frickin 150 percent of all i've got but nothing seems to come of it. i've played this sport my whole life but if nothing is ganna come of it why play?i ask myself all the time. the only reason i can think of as to why she put me there is because i'm one of the fasted back ups there are. no one else knows how to swiftly fly over behind the corner of second or behind 1st like i do. i hope that's the only reason and it's not because she thinks i'm a horrible player. what do you think about all this baffleing confusion

tophawg19

PATIENTS .... someone has to be over there and it needs to be a fast player to help cover 1st base as well . also a good batter who has control of the bat will try and work the right side . if your playing teams you know learn their batters sometimes you can cheat up or over almost like a rover .
I'm guessing all of your hits are going to the leftside  you may want to delay your swing just a bit so you don't get around so far on the ball or change your stance by moving your right foot back a little so your not squared up . do you hit for power or control an early wrist break can allow you to hit to right field . before stepping to the plate look over the defense for a weakness before deciding where to hit .look for a out fielder out of position ie.. cheating up or a right fielder paying little attention [bored]  :D .take advantage of the times when your not at bat to study the other teams defense for weaknesses but double check before stepping to the plate to make sure what you thought you saw is still there . also when bunting stay on top of the ball and use your body to shield with the catcher . and try not to give away the bunt to early .

chikara_yume

well i've been told by the coach that i'm the best bunter on the team. and to tell you the truth my team memebers are always telling me to stop studying the other team so much because as soon as they start warming up i anilyz every movment they make. i study their throwing, thier catching, ect. that's one of my strong points is studying people. i watch the pitcher and study every movement from the steps she makes to the pop of he glove right down to what type of clet she's got on. lol and i do that cheating the batter thing. i memorize all their numbers and where they're put it in the past and their stances to position myself. it gets confusing when you're really tired but it works. coach tells me i'm all over the place in right field because i'm in a different running/fielding stance and spot everytime she looks back at me. i really don't usually hit to the left usually it does go to the right but the girls were pitching so slow that i couldn't wait on it any longer. the ones i hit to the pitch and to third were on a faster pitcher. it really sucks when you've been hitting slow pitchers all day and then have to play a faster one. it's confusing. i hate having to reajust. it's hard when you're as tired as i was earlier. *yawn..OUCH!!!* i'm still hurtin'. my shoulders are burnt on the inside line were my clothes were but on the outside of the burn it's like indian brown. it really hurts! plus i have softball practice for another team i'm on today at 3. oh joy...

chikara_yume

tophawg19

everything you know about the opponett is an advantage . make sure you check everything before stepping to the plate then try to block it out and focus on each pitch and what you want to do . an outfielder who moves upsets a batter . you are making me want to watch again i haven't gone since i quit coaching .

chikara_yume

lol sorry. i would like to coach a little league team. i'm thinking about it next year.

tophawg19

stick with girls ball it's much more fun . they get much more excited and emotionally involved . it draws you into the game . are you not playing today ?

chikara_yume

no i'm not why do guys have to be suck @$$holes.

tophawg19

oink oink . :D as in what respect doest thou speakest my dear  ;D what has happened ?

chikara_yume

Oh nothing never mind... my boyfriend was being an @$$hole. He wanted to talk to me on the phone but yet wanted to ignore me when I started talking and talked to his buddies instead. And his buddies wanted to keep yelling stupid comments in the back that were getting on my nerves. Then when I stop talkin' he was like "you're not very talk-a-tive" and I just told him I wasn't gonna interrupt because he was talkin'< that is the way I was raised to not interrupt someone when they are talking because it's rude. Then one of his buddies in the back goes (I guess he could here me) "GOD I HATE WHEN WOMEN DO THAT IT"S SO F*&$ING STUPID!!!!"  I just told him I'm sorry I was raised right and I feel sorry for him if he wasn't and said a few choice words and hung up on me. He was being so rude to me. There is only some much ignorance (stupidity I mean), being ignored, being interrupted constantly, stupid comments yelled in the background, and all out rude behavior I can take before I break. Come to find out I talked to him last night and they were all toasted. I should have known. *Rolls eyes* you know what was really bad. My mom said that most guys who actually care would call a girl back when they hang up on them and try to find out what they did wrong.... he never does. I give up on guys I only get disappointed. We worked it out kind of but not completely. He's pissed he didn't get to see me last night. I was suppose to go to a fish fry at his house yesterday but I didn't feel like it. They'd done pissed me off so bad that morning that it mad be a b#$*h the rest of the day. So I stayed home and practiced pitching the whole evening and into the night. My arm is really sore today. I'm about to go back out again in a few minutes. But first the kitchen is calling me. So talk at ya later.