Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real Deal in the Rock bits

Started by Richard Davenport, March 28, 2016, 11:10:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Any chance you will be periscoping the All Star game?

Cinco de Hogo

Clamp down on our borders and recruiting this tournament could feed a pipeline to a top ten program all by itself I do believe.

Note I did not say "close"!

Richard Davenport

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 28, 2016, 12:56:05 pm
Any chance you will be periscoping the All Star game?

Will try and do some of it.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 28, 2016, 01:27:19 pm
Clamp down on our borders and recruiting this tournament could feed a pipeline to a top ten program all by itself I do believe.

Note I did not say "close"!

I hate to be a downer, but I think recruiting the best players possible, no matter where they may be, is the plan every year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

yraciv

2017 center Christopher Sodom, 7-4- Memphis Magic
2017 power forward Zachary Simmons, 6-9, 190- Urban DFW Elite
2018 power forward E.J. Montgomery, 6-10, 200- Atlanta Celtics

Who are these guys? I know all about Montgomery due to him being an elite prospect, but have never heard of us linked to him.  And then the other guys, can't find much of anything on, but you know that size intrigues me.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 28, 2016, 02:02:07 pm
I hate to be a downer, but I think recruiting the best players possible, no matter where they may be, is the plan every year.

That not being a downer it's just not understanding. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 28, 2016, 09:30:27 pm
That not being a downer it's just not understanding. 

I agree you are just not understanding.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 28, 2016, 02:02:07 pm
How's that been working out?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 29, 2016, 12:10:48 pm

He doesn't understand that just about any player that we are interested in and is interested in us could probably find a way to play in that tournament.  I have no doubt we will still recruit all over the world too.

It would be similar to CBB saying that they have to make a trip to the campus to earn an offer. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 29, 2016, 12:41:16 pm
He doesn't understand that just about any player that we are interested in and is interested in us could probably find a way to play in that tournament.  I have no doubt we will still recruit all over the world too.

You are not understanding that we've been doing exactly what you are talking about.  You think we haven't been recruiting the players we want in Arkansas and recruiting the players we want from the Real Deal in the Rock tournaments in prior years?  We TRIED to "clamp down on our borders" to keep Monk, but his brother decided to push him in another direction.  He's the only one we really missed on.  And, we've been going after players from the Real Deal in the Rock every single year.

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 29, 2016, 12:10:48 pm

Incoming class looks pretty good.  We have been doing what Cinco de Hogo is saying every single year Anderson has been here.  What he's saying is obvious.  The point is, we just have to get better at actually LANDING the players we have been recruiting from within the state and that we have been recruiting at the Real Deal in the Rock tournament.  The one guy (and he is a major one) we really, really wanted and didn't "clamp down" from within the state was Monk.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 29, 2016, 12:51:19 pm
You are not understanding that we've been doing exactly what you are talking about.  You think we haven't been recruiting the players we want in Arkansas and recruiting the players we want from the Real Deal in the Rock tournaments in prior years?  We TRIED to "clamp down on our borders" to keep Monk, but his brother decided to push him in another direction.  He's the only one we really missed on.  And, we've been going after players from the Real Deal in the Rock every single year.

Incoming class looks pretty good.  We have been doing what Cinco de Hogo is saying every single year Anderson has been here.  What he's saying is obvious.  The point is, we just have to get better at actually LANDING the players we have been recruiting from within the state and that we have been recruiting at the Real Deal in the Rock tournament.  The one guy (and he is a major one) we really, really wanted and didn't "clamp down" from within the state was Monk.

Ok, so what to be "Debbie downer" about then?  I was only making a comment, I wasn't trying for any earth shattering breaking news. 

Sorry we got off on this track!