Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nico Collins the "Class" letter

Started by LRrazorback, March 22, 2016, 04:57:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRrazorback

Nico is a 4 star wide receiver from Al, committed to Al. Has anyone seen this "Class" letter CBB sent to Nico's principal?  Kinda strange. Why did CBB send this to the principal?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: LRrazorback on March 22, 2016, 04:57:17 pm
Nico is a 4 star wide receiver from Al, committed to Al. Has anyone seen this "Class" letter CBB sent to Nico's principal?  Kinda strange. Why did CBB send this to the principal?
ummm, how about a link so we don't have to google for it

PP

LRrazorback

PP, don't know how to link. Someone on Facebook connected a Twitter, that's where I saw it

LRrazorback

Thanks Ricepig.

I assume this is in praise of someone's class or a way of being critical of someone's lack of class, at Nicos school.

greenEGnHAWGS

...was that the end of the letter? With CBB not pointing out a positive reason for this letter (ie. "...and Mr Collins exemplifies this") kinda makes me wonder if this was some sort of a bash. I'm NOT saying it SURE is. Just think of reasons this would be sent with no recognition given in the letter.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

GolfnHog

All things being equal I think the letter is in recognition of the school and its leadership and how they are educating and mentoring all the students not just the student athletes.

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

The_Hog_Father

This was not sent to bash anyone and am amazed that it could interpreted in that manner. It would make zero PR sense and... The very thought would undermine the entire point of the letter and "one" having/acting with class.

Quote from: GolfnHog on March 22, 2016, 05:29:55 pm
All things being equal I think the letter is in recognition of the school and its leadership and how they are educating and mentoring all the students not just the student athletes.

That is exactly how I took it.  :razorback:

sickboy

Guys, he sent the stupid letter in reverence. That's a big word that means he wasn't peeing in anyone's cheerios. Bielema is building relationships with not just players and their parents... but the administrations of high schools. If you can't see a pat on the back for what it is... then, I don't know, lay off the message boards and work your logic and reading comprehension muscles a bit. You think the principal would post this letter in that context if it was a jab by Bielema?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: sickboy on March 22, 2016, 06:03:34 pm
Guys, he sent the stupid letter in reverence. That's a big word that means he wasn't peeing in anyone's cheerios. Bielema is building relationships with not just players and their parents... but the administrations of high schools. If you can't see a pat on the back for what it is... then, I don't know, lay off the message boards and work your logic and reading comprehension muscles a bit. You think the principal would post this letter in that context if it was a jab by Bielema?

Thank you for saying it better than I could... Hope that you are doing well.  :razorback:

hogsfan31

Quote from: sickboy on March 22, 2016, 06:03:34 pm

Thank you. Good Lord we have some dull crayons in this box.

HamSammich

Guys CBB is a letter'er. Like Ronald Reagan, Wooden... Etc etc....

This is just what he does. I wouldn't read into it too much. I think he is just trying to start a pipeline.

hawgfan4life

D1 schools send things like this to HS coaches, to recruits, and even principals.  Auburn and Missouri send various letters like this like crazy.  Our local coach gets something from those schools weekly.  AR is simply building relationships as a poster stated.

Cinco de Hogo

Read the dang tweet!

It's to the Principal, and it's say Loving (Nico) so much they sent this letter to the Principal.

Clearly that means CBB was praising Nico's class.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 22, 2016, 05:23:18 pm
...was that the end of the letter? With CBB not pointing out a positive reason for this letter (ie. "...and Mr Collins exemplifies this") kinda makes me wonder if this was some sort of a bash. I'm NOT saying it SURE is. Just think of reasons this would be sent with no recognition given in the letter.

Pretty sure he couldn't name a recruit, even to complement him, without committing a recruiting violation.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Peter Porker

It's evident that CBB is taking a swipe at someone by sending a classless letter about class classlessly....
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

WriterWrong

Maybe CBB hopes to one day work under this principal, so he sent them a small letter to let them know he appreciates how they do business.  ;)

scruf

This is the kind of conjecture you get from people who hate the team's current head coach.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: scruf on March 23, 2016, 03:09:39 pm
This is the kind of conjecture you get from people who hate the team's current head coach.

This is one time I agree with you however I can't always tell the ones that are serious from the ones using sarcasm towards them. 

southeasthog

Quote from: scruf on March 23, 2016, 03:09:39 pm
Quote from: LRrazorback on September 19, 2015, 09:05:38 pm
Times up for Bret.  Thought it was a bad hire to begin with.   $15 mil doesn't look so bad now.  Would rather pay than deal with this next year.
Now why would you think the OP would have an agenda Scruf?

Peter Porker

Quote from: southeasthog on March 23, 2016, 05:38:05 pm
Now why would you think the OP would have an agenda Scruf?

Posters history is a beautiful thing.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

LRrazorback

Ha funny!

The question was posed because I'd never heard of a coach doing this type of thing and thought it was a little odd. No hidden agenda, just curious.

scruf

scruf

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 23, 2016, 04:44:46 pm
This is one time I agree with you however I can't always tell the ones that are serious from the ones using sarcasm towards them. 

+1

hawgfan4life

This is common practice in major programs!  Nothing more than relationship building for current and future recruiting.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsfan31 on March 22, 2016, 06:57:59 pm
Thank you. Good Lord we have some dull crayons in this box.

and some broken ones!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi