Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Recruiting Guy: Dallas Nike The Opening Regional updates (Updated 3-14-16)

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 13, 2016, 11:39:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Richard Davenport keeping us informed about the Arkansas prospects participating.

COPPELL, Texas - The Dallas Nike The Opening Regional will be one of 14 Regionals that helps decide the 162 participates at this year's The Opening held at Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon.

More than 400 will compete at Coppell High School. The event will run from 10 am to about 3:30. Here are just some of the Arkansas athletes and Razorback prospects taking part:

See the list inside:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/mar/13/nike-opening-dallas-regional/
Go Hogs Go!

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

MuskogeeHogFan

Blytheville junior running back DeMekko Clark, who measured 5-8 and weighed 199 pounds, had a rating of 121.05 while running the 40-yard dash of 4.55 seconds, the pro-agility in 4.36 seconds, having a 37.5-inch vertical, and a power ball toss of 47.5 feet. The official results will be released Thursday, and there's a good chance Clark will be in the top five.

Pulaski Robinson athlete Koilan Jackson turned in one of the better ratings of the event with a 109.38. He measured 6-3 and weighed 200 pounds. Jackson, who could play receiver or defensive back in college, ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds, the pro-agility in 4.33 seconds, had a 32.9-inch vertical, and a 41-foot power ball toss. He plans to do better at The Opening Regional Camp today.
"I've had a 38-inch vertical and a 4.00 pro-agility in practice, so I plan to do better," said Jackson, who's drawing interest from Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, Illinois and others.

More:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/mar/13/arkansans-display-skills-at-nike-event-/
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Brian Stumpf ⚡️ ‏@Stumpf_Brian  9h9 hours ago
Top 17 unofficial Nike+ Football Ratings from today's @TheOpening Dallas Regional. Full marks later this week!

https://twitter.com/Stumpf_Brian

7. Dezmon Jackson 5-11, 190, Parkers Chapel (ARK) - 116.34
Go Hogs Go!

hvsupastar

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 14, 2016, 05:58:08 am
Brian Stumpf ⚡️ ‏@Stumpf_Brian  9h9 hours ago
Top 17 unofficial Nike+ Football Ratings from today's @TheOpening Dallas Regional. Full marks later this week!

https://twitter.com/Stumpf_Brian

7. Dezmon Jackson 5-11, 190, Parkers Chapel (ARK) - 116.34

That kid is a stud. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Vantage 8 dude

March 14, 2016, 10:16:22 am #5 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:37:26 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 13, 2016, 11:51:43 am
New there was a reason I wanted him.

https://twitter.com/stumpf_brian/status/709047846100545536
Great, so he posted great numbers. Good for him. Unfortunately this young man has committed to OU and it's very unlikely we'll have a chance of persuading him to change his mind. Too bad, but it does happen. Can we now move on from the "lovefest" and concentrate on young men who might actually want to be Hogs? ??? 

#1 STUNNA

There was a video on twitter of monta Thomas making a linebacker look like a fool.

jackflash

I am looking forward to see what Arkansas can do. Browning and Hines would be great for Arkansas

ricepig

hvsupastar

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2016, 10:22:51 am
I fall in the David Shaw line of thinking, great for the kids......

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/98682/david-shaw-7-on-7-is-not-football

You ever seen game film of Monta Thomas?  I've saying it for months, Hogs need to get him and Jackson.  They are only about 45 minutes apart so its easy to visit both.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

whosiskid

One thing I like about this year's Opening participants is that they have decent 40 times. Seems like in the past we'd see some kid from NLR HS who would have the highest time, but a 4.8 or 4.85 forty. I have never been a speed fetishist, but I do think you have to have a certain amount of speed, and few of those kids with the astronomically high Opening scores but didn't do well in the 40 were heavily recruited. I mean the kids from Arkansas. But the kids this year all seem to be getting 4.5 or 4.6 or 4.7, times you can live with, especially laser timed. It broke my heart in the past to see a kid with a 123 score but a 4.85 forty.

I've undergone a conversion about this year's class. I initially thought this year's class might include 2 or 3 Arkansas kids at most. Then I went to thinking we might go for 4 or 5. Now I am thinking we might offer scholarships to 7 or 8, maybe even 9. It is turning out to be a surprisingly decent class. What throws you off is that there are no super stars this year, like Sosa Agim. Well, at least until Montaric Brown's unexpected trip up the 247 rankings. I mean, wow. To go from not rated at all to 95.5 is possibly the most shocking rating I've ever seen instate. That was all the more shocking given how some top kids still haven't been rated by anyone while the ones who have been rated clearly have scores that are too low, like Byers only getting an 87. I'm still waiting for my guy Pierre Strong to get rated (oh, and thanks guys for getting into a spat and getting that thread locked - last I had seen there was nothing but solid discussion and then a couple of people start bickering off top and poof! locked thread). Though maybe I don't want him to be rated given that they slapped only an 85 on Jarrod Barnes. Hard for me to buy that there is a 10 point difference between Brown and Barnes.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

ricepig

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 18, 2016, 10:59:19 am
You ever seen game film of Monta Thomas?  I've saying it for months, Hogs need to get him and Jackson.  They are only about 45 minutes apart so its easy to visit both.

I'm not hired to coach, or recruit. If they are worthy of an offer, they'll receive one, but full game tape, or actually in person viewing is what I'd base it on.

scruf

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 18, 2016, 10:59:19 am

They are on both already.