Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RD-Thursday recruiting tidbits: Hog target to announce

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 10, 2016, 05:46:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Richard bringing us his recruiting tidbits for today, Thursday, March 10th, 2016.

An Arkansas target plans to announce his college decision on Friday.

Cornerback Tre Brown, who visited Arkansas over the weekend, will chose from Arkansas, Oklahoma or Oregon on Friday.

Brown, 5-10 1/2, 180 pounds of Tulsa Union High School attended an Arkansas camp last summer and visited for the Hogs' 54-46 four-overtime victory over Auburn in October. He had a best of 10.51 seconds in the 100 meters as a sophomore. He ran a 10.67 in his first 100 meters this year.

He'll start off tonight's Recruiting Thursday at 7 to talk about his trip to Fayetteville and his upcoming decision.

More about other visitors and offers are found inside:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/mar/10/thursday-recruiting-tidbits-hog-target-announce/
Go Hogs Go!

cubsfan5150

Any idea if he plans to run track? Might eliminate OU if so.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

RazorPiggie

I mean if he wasn't going to pick us why would he come on RDs show tonight?

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 10, 2016, 06:37:36 am

Sure sounds good. Would be an excellent early commit

AirWarren

Signing and committing at the Arkansas sports Hall of Fame.

I will just leave it at that.

ricepig

Because he was asked?

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: AP85 on March 10, 2016, 07:05:05 am
Signing and committing at the Arkansas sports Hall of Fame.

I will just leave it at that.

Signing?

EFBAB

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

yraciv

Taking an in state guy from OU early would definitely set the tone for this recruiting class!

HOGINTENNESSEE

It's happened in the past. Kahil Haughton was on with RD. Said he was still undecided and if I remember correctly committed to OU the next night.

Edit looked it up it was the next day.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2016, 07:11:17 am
Because he was asked?

I mean that's probably why. But if it was me I decline to come on if I wasn't committing to that school. No need to give fans false hope.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2016, 08:30:11 am
It's happened in the past. Kahil Haughton was on with RD. Said he was still undecided and if I remember correctly committed to OU the next night.

Yeah I understand. As a parent I'd advise my child not to.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on March 10, 2016, 05:48:14 am
Any idea if he plans to run track? Might eliminate OU if so.

I think I heard that he had mentioned a desire to run track as well.
Go Hogs Go!

jackflash

this would big for the Razorbacks. first chance to see what the new DB can do

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 10, 2016, 08:31:06 am
I mean that's probably why. But if it was me I decline to come on if I wasn't committing to that school. No need to give fans false hope.

False hope? I'm sure the young man is just fulfilling a request. I don't think everyone that appears on RD's show is a commit, much less a lean.

HogNDas

can't coach speed!...make it happen Tre and also become a part of the best track program EVER!!!!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2016, 09:28:02 am
False hope? I'm sure the young man is just fulfilling a request. I don't think everyone that appears on RD's show is a commit, much less a lean.

Rice, I'm aware but most don't come on the night before they commit. I'm just saying I'd do it different if I wasn't committing to that school.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2016, 09:28:02 am
I'm sure the young man is just fulfilling a request. I don't think everyone that appears on RD's show is a commit, much less a lean.

Yeah, I don't think we can necessarily draw any conclusions from his agreement to be on RD's show the night before his commit, but I'd love to see this kid at Arkansas and given that he has been on campus three times so far and has a stated desire to run track in college, my hopes are that he gives the Hogs his commitment, whether now, or in the future.

It is a long time until NSD and if I also wanted to be associated with a nationally respected track program, I sure wouldn't go to Oklahoma. So does football alone at the big time in-state program carry more weight, or does the combination of close to home, playing in the best football conference in the country and one of the best track schools in the country combined, carry more weight? I don't know the answer.
Go Hogs Go!

HardingHog

Don't want to be a downer, but if I remember correctly, Tyrie Cleveland was on RD's show at one point. However, if the young man is serious about running track, there is nowhere better to do that than at Arkansas right now

lefty08

I agree that announcing his decision date after having his interview scheduled on arkansas radio isn't the best way to handle things if it's not the hogs.

Doesn't mean anything in the end, he might go elsewhere. Either way I wish the young man luck
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

ricepig

Quote from: immahog on March 11, 2016, 08:51:49 am
soooo what time today is he calling the hogs ????

If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd say our "call" was last night. Hopefully, I'm wrong like most of my best.   8)

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 09:28:56 am
Committed to OU since Monday.

Makes sense he did say some strings were being pulled behind the scenes before he made his decision. OU is known for pulling some strings in the past. ;)

Huds_HawgTide

If he announces today how could he of been committed since Monday?
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ricepig

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on March 11, 2016, 09:46:19 am
If he announces today how could he of been committed since Monday?

Shhhh......silent........

Muskliketusk

I don't know much but I know this. He committed Monday to there coaches right after his buddy Broiles did , but didn't want to steal his spotlight so he's waited til today to make it public. I got a bunch a grief over it in another post but this is good info and I stick by it. And it ain't like this is something I'm happy about been wishing wed get him bad. He even deleted a few tweets that gave it away between him an some OU commits.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

immahog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 09:57:51 am
I don't know much but I know this. He committed Monday to there coaches right after his buddy Broiles did , but didn't want to steal his spotlight so he's waited til today to make it public. I got a bunch a grief over it in another post but this is good info and I stick by it. And it ain't like this is something I'm happy about been wishing wed get him bad. He even deleted a few tweets that gave it away between him an some OU commits.

oh well for some reason I believe you then again this is hogville
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Muskliketusk

If what I been told is wrong I sure been lied to and I'll never post anything I ever hear again. Lol, I hope it is. I ain't no kinda insider anyway and I sure want Brown.

ricepig

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 11:11:03 am
If what I been told is wrong I sure been lied to and I'll never post anything I ever hear again. Lol, I hope it is. I ain't no kinda insider anyway and I sure want Brown.

We seldom get kids OU wants from Oklahoma, especially early.

The_Boot_stops_here

March 11, 2016, 11:14:11 am #30 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:13:41 pm by The_Boot_stops_here
nm

Muskliketusk

Whelp, ain't proud a being right on this one. HCBB and staff will do fine it jus make me want to  :puke: that OU just got there 7th Rivals 250 player already and it's stinking March. This stuff keeps starting earlier and earlier.

Wildhog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 03:34:47 pm
Whelp, ain't proud a being right on this one. HCBB and staff will do fine it jus make me want to  :puke: that OU just got there 7th Rivals 250 player already and it's stinking March. This stuff keeps starting earlier and earlier.

Can't help in-state kids staying home.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 03:34:47 pm

Yeah, those 13 days were the difference. Umm, it's a home state recruit, and a school that was in the playoffs. I really don't know why you would think it would work out different.

Muskliketusk

Listen I ain't said nothing about the 13 days so you rude jokers can keep that crud to yourself. I posted something pretty much second hand don't need no more junk about it it's over.

ricepig

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 03:43:35 pm
Listen I ain't said nothing about the 13 days so you rude jokers can keep that crud to yourself. I posted something pretty much second hand don't need no more junk about it it's over.
No, you said we were "way late" with an offer, and that was why we had no chance. We had no chance because he's an in-state guy they really wanted, they don't lose those.

Muskliketusk

We Was late genius. If you are gonna pull these guys outta a state like OK you gotta make an impression not wait til the last minute after every other big dog has offered. Offer him last year before everybody else. Don't wait til OU and Ohio State and everybody else has and it's just another offer.

Wildhog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 03:54:19 pm
We Was late genius. If you are gonna pull these guys outta a state like OK you gotta make an impression not wait til the last minute after every other big dog has offered. Offer him last year before everybody else. Don't wait til OU and Ohio State and everybody else has and it's just another offer.

I do agree that we should extend out-of-state offers much earlier, but everyone else lost him the second OU offered.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

We could have offered two years ago, I doubt it would have mattered.

lefty08

Yeah, take that!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

yraciv

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Vantage 8 dude

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Wildhog on March 11, 2016, 03:56:07 pm
I do agree that we should extend out-of-state offers much earlier, but everyone else lost him the second OU offered.
Maybe so cuz he does gotta a lot of friends in their class but he really liked us when he visited last year so we had a connection. I just don't see the harm in offering early and beating OU to the punch. They gotta lot more options than us at every position and we could put some heat on by really going after there in state kids who show us love early. So what if it forces OU to offer and he commits right away if it was going to happen anyway? Maybe they slow play him and it don't though.

Wildhog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on March 11, 2016, 04:59:44 pm
Maybe so cuz he does gotta a lot of friends in their class but he really liked us when he visited last year so we had a connection. I just don't see the harm in offering early and beating OU to the punch. They gotta lot more options than us at every position and we could put some heat on by really going after there in state kids who show us love early. So what if it forces OU to offer and he commits right away if it was going to happen anyway? Maybe they slow play him and it don't though.

I don't disagree.
1909/1964/1965/1977