Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One guy I'm really rooting for

Started by Richard Davenport, February 29, 2016, 02:58:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Bring the kid to the hill and get him some positive male role models.  Sounds uncommon to me.

hoghappy

Is this the kid from Patterson High School?

mhuff

Sounds like a leader instead of a follower. Hope he plays on the Hill.

Vantage 8 dude

Unfortunately there are so many kids out there that fit much the same mold. It's really tragic that so many youngsters are caught in situations where they have no real adult example or guide that can help them deal and face with the issues that all kids have growing up. When the challenge is compounded by gangs, drugs, etc. it makes the chance of being successful in making the right choices that much more difficult.

While I hope this young man decides to become a Hog, I just want him to be successful where he decides to go. I think the fact that Michael Smith is obviously trying to mentor the young man in various aspects of his life is a tremendous tribute to MS. Then again, knowing the quality that all the coaches on staff I'm not on the least bit surprised.  :razorback:

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 29, 2016, 04:18:21 pm
Unfortunately there are so many kids out there that fit much the same mold. It's really tragic that so many youngsters are caught in situations where they have no real adult example or guide that can help them deal and face with the issues that all kids have growing up. When the challenge is compounded by gangs, drugs, etc. it makes the chance of being successful in making the right choices that much more difficult.

While I hope this young man decides to become a Hog, I just want him to be successful where he decides to go. I think the fact that Michael Smith is obviously trying to mentor the young man in various aspects of his life is a tremendous tribute to MS. Then again, knowing the quality that all the coaches on staff I'm not on the least bit surprised.  :razorback:
Well, we've offered so the vetting has obviously taken place....I trust CBB if this kid meets all 5 of CBB's criteria!!!

Steef

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hoghappy on February 29, 2016, 03:12:04 pm

No.  This is from a different area.  Patterson won't have anyone for a couple of years.  They will be down for a bit.  Look for their Freshman class from this year to be outstanding though.
Retired Radio Host

batonrougehawg

Quote from: hoghappy on February 29, 2016, 03:12:04 pm

No, he is from the New Orleans metro area.

1highhog

I hope this young man succeeds in life first, I'm not worrying where he goes to College, he seems to have his head on straight and doing everything the right way.  There are so many young men his age right in Little Rock that have taken the wrong path, I'm glad to see someone once in awhile do the right thing when they've had so many hardships.

Ragnar Hogbrok

No matter which school he chooses, I hope he succeeds in life. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

tophawg19

wish we could help this kid get out of that area . but i know that's a violation. hope he is okay and gets out of there ok
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Mike_e

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

BigSexyHog

That is someone to cheer for.  Hope this kid gets what he wants.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on February 29, 2016, 07:10:58 pm
Well, we've offered so the vetting has obviously taken place....I trust CBB if this kid meets all 5 of CBB's criteria!!!
Uhh....you might want to go back and actually read my initial remarks. I never indicated or hinted that our staff haven't done their homework. In fact, I strongly suspect the young man likely wouldn't be taking a visit if our coaches weren't already confident he meets their standards. What I DID say is I truly hope this young man, whether he ends up a Hog or not, is able to go on and receive a good education and can overcome his rough start to life. Hopefully we'd all feel the same.

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 02, 2016, 11:00:56 am
Uhh....you might want to go back and actually read my initial remarks. I never indicated or hinted that our staff haven't done their homework. In fact, I strongly suspect the young man likely wouldn't be taking a visit if our coaches weren't already confident he meets their standards. What I DID say is I truly hope this young man, whether he ends up a Hog or not, is able to go on and receive a good education and can overcome his rough start to life. Hopefully we'd all feel the same.
Agree!....Furthermore, I am confident if he makes it to the hill, CBB's influence & guidance might be what it takes to help him as a man and to be UNCOMMON!.... if CBB likes him, I LOVE him!

plumbhog

Sounds a lot like the situation McFadden grew up in. Hopefully this kid can find the same type of success. Someone should send him a copy of the story done on McFaddens childhood.  Best role model I can think of.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M