Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barnes> Anderson

Started by checkraiser88, December 30, 2017, 01:37:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: LRHawg on December 30, 2017, 02:48:26 pm
Exactly. Played his best two players too much in the second half which led to them fouling out.

They were just trying to survive.  One FT make and they may have.  Happy we don't go to Knoxville.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JayHog

And how can anyone say BARNES>ANDERSON when Anderson is 7-0 against Barnes over the last 7 games.
I mean, how dumb do you sound?

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hookshog on December 30, 2017, 02:26:37 pm
I love the fastest 40. Some of y'all just wear me out complaining. Enjoy the ride.

Ain't that the troof...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Birminghog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 30, 2017, 02:49:34 pm
Come back and face the music. You made a dumb comment....come on back.

And pay to the piper. https://youtu.be/Ss-f2hy-gD0?t=7s

HawgnCorona

Quote from: JayHog on December 30, 2017, 02:51:55 pm
And how can anyone say BARNES>ANDERSON when Anderson is 7-0 against Barnes over the last 7 games.

Very ....
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

SPAL

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 30, 2017, 02:49:40 pm
The OP was dumb, but I can agree that Barnes is a really good coach and has done some really nice things at Tennessee.

He is a good coach.....but that's not the point of the thread.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 30, 2017, 02:36:16 pm
Thanks again Barnes. Not another coach in the country tells that kid to make that free throw. Dumbass.

Wait the OP says Barnes is better?!!! 7-0 against his teams. That is pretty darned good, yes?

501Ben

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2017, 02:51:18 pm
They were just trying to survive.  One FT make and they may have.  Happy we don't go to Knoxville.
Terrible strategy. You play with what got you the lead. Especially when it's only a 8-9 point game. You can either stand in the corner and take punches hoping that you'll win on points or you can keep on swinging.

WMHawgfan

For the first 35 minutes TN looked like an SEC contender. That whole time I kept thinking about their UNC game. The dominated play for 37 minutes only to fold in the crunch. I wondered if they could close out a game. Guess Rick still can't figure out how win the big games.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 30, 2017, 03:12:25 pm
Terrible strategy. You play with what got you the lead. Especially when it's only a 8-9 point game. You can either stand in the corner and take punches hoping that you'll win on points or you can keep on swinging.

I agree.  Barnes probably was afraid of a run from us too and didn't want to force pace and do something dumb to help start it.  Maybe it was too scared to win.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

checkraiser88

What a win!! I'll eat my crow! Also, Oklahoma just beat a top 10 TCU team on the road!

sickboy

Quote from: jst01 on December 30, 2017, 02:51:03 pm
This OP starts way too many threads. I hope this causes him to think twice next time

It won't.

LJHOG

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 30, 2017, 01:55:07 pm
I see barnes and Mike as both being good, not great. But like i said, one team was better prepared
and the other team won.  So what's the prob?

AirWarren

TebowHater

RedBird5

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 30, 2017, 01:45:14 pm
What's Mike done since his last Sweet 16 somewhere else? Not much.

What have you done ever?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Dirty

razorback1829

Hollywood_HOGan45

We won't go undefeated in the SEC obviously.

But I can guarantee the next time we lose a game you can expect the thread "Coach _ > Anderson bottom line we need a new coach bla bla bla bla"

Hogsfan1981

Wow...you look dumb af now...don't open hogville for a few weeks. Give us time to stop bumping this.

Hogsfan1981

Never a good idea to post emotional opinions during the games. You chance coming out on the wrong side of things. But at least people care enough to rage I guess. Better than apathetic.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 30, 2017, 04:39:02 pm
Never a good idea to post emotional opinions during the games. You chance coming out on the wrong side of things. But at least people care enough to rage I guess. Better than apathetic.

Thank you for telling me how to use my american rights, I should of just posted in the game thread I guess lol

Hawg414

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 04:40:39 pm
Thank you for telling me how to use my american rights, I should of just posted in the game thread I guess lol

he's not telling you how to use your american rights, whatever that means... he's just pointing out that sometimes you look like a fool when you do.

Dirty

Quote from: Hawg414 on December 30, 2017, 04:46:38 pm
he's not telling you how to use your american rights, whatever that means... he's just pointing out that sometimes you look like a fool when you do.

:)

Hollywood_HOGan45

BURN!!! If there was only a like button!

checkraiser88

That's fine. I could dig up hundreds of threads of me and others giving other coaches praise and we would like fools too

Dirty

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 04:55:49 pm
That's fine. I could dig up hundreds of threads of me and others giving other coaches praise and we would like fools too

You could but today's is the easiest to look up. ;)

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on December 30, 2017, 02:48:39 pm
You have to admit, if this had been a high school game we would have been embarrassed.

You have to admit, if my aunt had a package she would be my uncle.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 04:40:39 pm

This is simply fantastic. Start a dumb and ill-timed thread, butcher the English language, and claim an "american right" to post on a message board. 

You deserve an award for this trifecta.

Slater

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 01:37:38 pm
Bottom line in this game

Agreed, will take Mike any day over a guy that could not cut it at Texas ::hornsdown::. Keep the hate coming, maybe Mike will take another job and you can get Sean or Scott Sutton
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hoglady

Bottom line - we won the damn game.
Anderson got a W and Barnes got an L.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BallHog1

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 30, 2017, 04:28:57 pm
We won't go undefeated in the SEC obviously.

But I can guarantee the next time we lose a game you can expect the thread "Coach _ > Anderson bottom line we need a new coach bla bla bla bla"
This is yet another Anti-Mike Anderson garbage thread.Mike just beat Barnes yet again,after beating him twice last year.so give me a break!hey OP,how did this thread work out for you?Mike Anderson and the Hogs won.he beat Rick Barnes again.

Fan701

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 30, 2017, 05:40:31 pm
This is yet another Anti-Mike Anderson garbage thread.Mike just beat Barnes yet again,after beating him twice last year.so give me a break!hey OP,how did this thread work out for you?Mike Anderson and the Hogs won.he beat Rick Barnes again.
Reminds me of when we had to read Kevin Stallings posts, telling how great a coach he was compared to MA.  (Maybe because he is white?)  MA would beat him almost every time, but Stallings was the "smart coach."

hogwxld

If we ever start a game up in the first few mins, I'd be worried.

CMA needs to teach CBB about 2nd halves of games.

azhog10

Quote from: LRHawg on December 30, 2017, 02:48:26 pm
Exactly. Played his best two players too much in the second half which led to them fouling out.
Yep, it's not a race it's a marathon.

Hogeye_Pierce

I much prefer the strong finish a la MA as opposed to the patented BuhLeema 2nd half collapses. That's what keeps a coach employed and in good standing.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

sigpooie

Mike handed in one of his best coached games, TN had 8 players and rick did a great job a resting them as much as he could. Just a well coached game on both sides.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

WorfHog

forrest city joe

Quote from: JayHog on December 30, 2017, 02:51:55 pm
Because they are haters of Mike Anderson and keep hoping he fails.and all he keeps doing is making fools out of them.I LOVE IT! go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jst01 on December 30, 2017, 02:51:03 pm
This OP starts way too many threads. I hope this causes him to think twice next time
Twice ???  Once would be an improvement.

donk

These type of post should be grounds for being banned.

RebHog

Quote from: Dirty on December 30, 2017, 05:05:50 pm
You could but today's is the easiest to look up. ;)

+1 BOOM!

Your work is done here.

checkraiser88

Quote from: donk on December 30, 2017, 06:53:30 pm
These type of post should be grounds for being banned.

Yes and ban everybody else that posted negative in the game thread as well!

hogwood

I am very impressed with what Barnes is doing at TN. He has built a really good team and I don't think he even has a 4* recruit on the roster. Barnes will be successful at TN, heck he might even be SECCOY this year if he keeps it up. But Mike beat Barnes this game and is now 7-0 against him. No grounds to say Barnes is any better, in fact everything points to him being inferior.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just checking threads to see how excited fans were about the win today. What a bunch of miserable a-holes some of you are.

1.  Great fans support the team and coach lift them up help turn the tide and realize BBall is a long season and one loss doesn't mean much. Help team stay positive and ready to kick A next game.

2. Then there are is the minority we see here like the OP. Honest to God I bet money you just wait for the first sign of struggle so you can bag on Mike and the team. Just a horrible POS. You aren't a fan just a sorry a$$. Go follow another team. Seriously this $hit gets so old. I'd say the same thing to you if the Hogs had lost but I'm glad they won so you could eat your words and be exposed for the total jack a$$ that you are. Do everyone a favor and STFU or wait until they actually lose to post your crap. I know that's hard for you because you are sitting by your keyboard just waiting for a missed shot or an errant pass.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jbigs77