Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attitude of the rest of the State and Coaches around the state?

Started by ChopSooie, December 19, 2017, 02:55:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChopSooie

Listening to the GB announcement via live stream, there were many fans of GB and rightly so.

The attitude seemed open to a school that they could drive to like Memphis, but they liked Baylor as well.

Will we get to a time or has it ever had a time where the fans of the state and coaches were pro Razorbacks?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChopSooie

Pudgepork

Hogs just have to move on and learn to win.   A few winning seasons and bowl game wins would cure most of what ails the program

jabberjawls

The problem is that we, as a fan base, have accepted mediocrity.  And so, that's what we will get.

Beached

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 19, 2017, 04:10:50 pm
The problem is that we, as a fan base, have accepted mediocrity.  And so, that's what we will get.

But we're making lots of money!

jvanhorn

Quote from: Beached on December 19, 2017, 04:36:54 pm
But we're making lots of money!

Well that is the name of the game, though I must say Arkansas actually has a very bright future in baseball, women's basketball [which many have failed to notice being preoccupied by Mike Anderson] men's basketball and things may start looking up in football.  All in all, you have to be hopeful about the future.  I think basically what we all want are teams that are always competitive and have a chance now and again for the brass ring.

Hawgphat

Brass rings are alright in their place, I suppose; but I'm much more attuned to admiring gold rings.

Brass is fairly common; I'm certainly in hopes that the new Razorbacks football coaching staff is highly motivated to "go for the gold".