Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 02:06:24 am

A Birthday (And Christmas) Wish

Started by Hawgphat, December 18, 2017, 07:18:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphat

December 18, 2017, 07:18:57 pm Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:45:51 pm by Hawgphat
As of tomorrow. Dec.19th,, I shall have graced (?) God's green earth for 72 years consecutively.  I have experienced much, loved unreservedly and expansively, and have knowingly left no enemies in my rear-view mirror along this meandering Highway Of Life.  I am truly blessed, consummately fulfilled and reasonably content (for the most part).

One of my foremost birthday wish front-runners is for the Arkansas Razorbacks Football Program to return not only to respectability, but to an upper echelon SEC and National Top Twenty Five competitive level.

My Lord And Savior has been wonderful to me.  My loving family and my wide circle of close friends have also been wonderful to me.

I am thankful for the opportunity to participate in the ongoing interchange of thoughts and information here on Hogville; it is a privilege that I do not take lightly or cavalierly.

I am neither "tiny" nor named "Tim", and I have no "Christmas Carol" to relate here (in deference to Charles Dickens); but I will nevertheless offer this sincere prayer - in light of this Yuletide season; - - - God bless us one and all.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Hawgphat on December 18, 2017, 07:18:57 pm
As of tomorrow. Dec.19th,, I shall have graced (?) God's green earth for 72 years consecutively. I have experienced much, loved unreservedly and expansively, and have knowingly left no enemies in my rear-view mirror along this meandering Highway Of Life.  I am truly blessed, consummately fulfilled and reasonably content (for the most part).

One of my foremost birthday wish front-runners is for the Arkansas Razorbacks Football Program to return not only to respectability, but to an upper echelon SEC and National Top Twenty Five competitive level.

My Lord And Savior has been wonderful to me.  My loving family and my wide circle of close friends have also been wonderful to me.

I am thankful for the opportunity to participate in the ongoing interchange of thoughts and information here on Hogville; it is a privilege that I do not take lightly or cavalierly.

I am neither "tiny" nor named "Tim", and I have no "Christmas Carol" to relate here (in deference to Charles Dickens); but I will nevertheless offer this sincere prayer - in light of this Yuletide season; - - - God bless us one and all.

As opposed to 72 sporadic years?

bp

thebignasty

Hawgphat

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 18, 2017, 09:04:42 pm
As opposed to 72 sporadic years?

bp

There have been some very wonderful years, sporadically interconnected to some not-so-wonderful years.  Overall, however, I've had little cause for complaint - - and I have evinced no pronounced predilection for expressing undue complaints.

Having no intention of bidding to experience cryogenic suspended animation, I fully expect my remaining time above ground to be lived in consecutive increments.

8)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgphat on December 18, 2017, 07:18:57 pm
As of tomorrow. Dec.19th,, I shall have graced (?) God's green earth for 72 years consecutively.  I have experienced much, loved unreservedly and expansively, and have knowingly left no enemies in my rear-view mirror along this meandering Highway Of Life.  I am truly blessed, consummately fulfilled and reasonably content (for the most part).

Same back at ya, Hawgphat. Sporadic or consecutive years.....in the end it matters not when you reach the big "72". Then again, I thing most of us would most certainly prefer the latter. And while this time of the year has always been special, in a real sense every day is both Christmas and Thanksgiving all rolled into one. The gift of Christ and the blessings we receive from our Father are with us every moment of the year.

BTW to have known and experienced love in so many ways makes you a very rich man indeed. There are many who have much money but have never known such devotion. I wonder if they won't give just a little of all that wealth to have experienced what you have. ;) Oh yeah, one more thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.