Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 08:47:22 am

So....who's gonna be QB in 2018?

Started by davril98, December 18, 2017, 02:52:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davril98

David†

Austin Allen and Cole kelley = qb's this year

Paul Rhoads defensive coordinator this year.

Hope that helps.

elksnort

davril98

870rzrback

jackflash

Michael D Huff AIA

I thought about Kelley, but with the change in offensive philosophy on the way, do you think he has the skill set to make that happen.

Would a more mobile QB work better?

The better question is 'do we know the answer to the question given we haven't seen the offense yet?"

a0ashle

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on December 18, 2017, 03:56:13 pm
I thought about Kelley, but with the change in offensive philosophy on the way, do you think he has the skill set to make that happen.

Would a more mobile QB work better?

The better question is 'do we know the answer to the question given we haven't seen the offense yet?"

It's been stated in a couple of threads already, but CCMs offense doesn't need a cam newton or Michael Vick. Additionally he is known for changing to fit the personnel, witch might be the single biggest thing CCM brings to the table.

Dionysos25

"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

elksnort

Wildhog

Quote from: elksnort on December 18, 2017, 04:08:22 pm
That's some pretty decent speed.

I don't understand the people that say Cole can't run this offense.  It just makes no sense.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

bphi11ips

Quote from: a0ashle on December 18, 2017, 04:00:00 pm
It's been stated in a couple of threads already, but CCMs offense doesn't need a cam newton or Michael Vick. Additionally he is known for changing to fit the personnel, witch might be the single biggest thing CCM brings to the table.

Agreed.  Enough with the system coaches.  Broyles never had a "system" .  He came to Arkansas with a reputation as an offensive wizard, but his philosophies were based upon swarming defenses and field position.  He tailored offenses to personnel and hired cutting edge OCs. 

It seems like CCM has a philosophy based upon tempo and spread concepts, but he doesn't seem to be the type based upon his record to try and fit a square peg in a round hole.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

GuvHog

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on December 18, 2017, 04:10:50 pm
Cole Kelly is big man on campus now, so to speak.   Unless he really screws the pooch this spring, he will be the QB this year.   There is always the chance someone like Bohannon (if we sign him) comes here and just really wows the staff, but not expecting that.

Cole simply has the confidence, swagger, moxie (whatever) that all quarterbacks need to be successful AND the rest of the team trusts him.   I don't see anyone else taking the job from him, but could be wrong.  If he can get his mechanics down/feet and with that arm?????  Look out!

I figure Coach Morris will go with the experience and Kelly will start but if Bohannon signs with the Hogs, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Morris set up some plays just for him.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: a0ashle on December 18, 2017, 04:00:00 pm

Then I'd say that Kelley is QB1 at this point. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on December 18, 2017, 04:10:50 pm
Cole Kelly is big man on campus now, so to speak.   Unless he really screws the pooch this spring, he will be the QB this year.   There is always the chance someone like Bohannon (if we sign him) comes here and just really wows the staff, but not expecting that.

Cole simply has the confidence, swagger, moxie (whatever) that all quarterbacks need to be successful AND the rest of the team trusts him.   I don't see anyone else taking the job from him, but could be wrong.  If he can get his mechanics down/feet and with that arm?????  Look out!

Good post.  You nailed the big question.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

elksnort

Quote from: Wildhog on December 18, 2017, 04:12:03 pm
I don't understand the people that say Cole can't run this offense.  It just makes no sense.
I must admit, I don't know the QB's role in COM offense. As someone else stated, Morris adjusts to the available talent. Which is what the best coaches do in my opinion.

elksnort

Quote from: Wildhog on December 18, 2017, 04:24:20 pm
Why on earth was this trashed?
Because it's more important to allow a 49 page drivel about Norvel is 100 % going to be our coach to remain.